Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heyyy Is there ANYONE who is going to York in October '09 that is doing Learning Disability Nursing or just Nursing as a whole?

By the look of it I am the only person

ReputationRep:
    me!!!!!!!!!!!! im doing adult nursing at york!! start oct 09!!!

ReputationRep:
    woooo! Thats three of us. I know someone else who is doing adult nursing.

There doesnt seem to be ANYONE doing learning disability nursing however.

ReputationRep:
    aw no!! im sure their will be loadz when u get their!! we all study together at first anyway!!

ReputationRep:
    i'm doing adult!
    where are you living?

ReputationRep:
    i found that when i got to uni alot of the people on the course didn't know about TSR also alot of them were mature students....theres only 45 on my course now i started in march with a cohort of almost 80 but loads have dropped out...bad times...

ReputationRep:
    as if thats loads
    ella i think i was on the interview with you in december... are you scottish??

ReputationRep:
    ahaha no but i know who you mean ...you mean Elly shes in my cohort at uni but i was at ur interview...i had bright red hair & i was wearing blue

ReputationRep:
    ooh confusing haha, but i do know who you are now!!
    are there many people living on campus in your cohort? scared theres just gonna be like, me in my house!!

ReputationRep:
    there was but they all moved off...theres me & another girl from my cohort but when we moved in only rooms in halifax were left so alot hated it & moved out

ReputationRep:
    I know a few people doing adult nursing now, I have hunted them down

That means I will be with you lot for a few right? When some modules go together or something...i may be talking rubbish however lol

ReputationRep:
    ner were a few months ahead of u im afraid but i'll be able 2 help you with assingments atm my flat mates(who move out in 2 weeks) are doing it for me as they are D7 nurses....you will be D9

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellafabulous)
    ner were a few months ahead of u im afraid but i'll be able 2 help you with assingments atm my flat mates(who move out in 2 weeks) are doing it for me as they are D7 nurses....you will be D9
    Ahh ok, thanks I would appreciate that Well the people starting in October would be in a few i would have thought. I have the biggest feelign I am gonna be the youngest people doing my branch and the reast being mature students :/

ReputationRep:
    we have a 17 year old in my cohort...she was 16 when she started tho

ReputationRep:
    yeah i'm scared am gonna be the youngest too melons

so do not many nurses live on campus?

how easy is it to find somewhere off campus to live?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nhd)
    yeah i'm scared am gonna be the youngest too melons

so do not many nurses live on campus?

how easy is it to find somewhere off campus to live?
    Well my flat in Alcuin has two flats in our block for nursing students, so i guess there may be a couple, but i think they may be put together since we need longer room let and all.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.