Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

uni problems. Dont know what to do. watch

So i completed my A levels last year and had a place at local uni through clearing as i didnt do as well as i had hoped. I didnt move out and the course was a rush decision and in the end i dropped out for various reasons including health problems. I decided just recently to apply for uni for sept, got a place and made it my firm choice. The idea was to move into uni halls. However i didnt get a place in halls, i think due to maybe the lateness of my application. So now im having massive worries.

The idea of living in a private house with people i havent met who may not all go to uni or w/e is scary, plus its more expensive than i can realistically afford. Im worried that if i go and stay in private accom the mental health issues that i suffered with this year will become more prevalent again. Im very shy and suffer with anxiety issues.

So i now have the option of staying and doing a year at a different local uni, which isnt great but its alright and hoping to be able to transfer for my second year and get uni halls etc. But this has problems in that i dont know if i can cope with staying here for a year. But i could save money and make sure i was ready to move out. However i will be embarassed by this and having to tell family and friends i fail again

Or i could change course and go somewhere different through clearing or something?

I dont know what to do, just hoping someone has some advice or could relate a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Can't you stay at your chosen Uni and move in to privately owned accommodation (halls). I know at my Uni and my local uni that there are Halls that are privately owned I think there called OPAL or something, but there just like normal halls apart from there not owned by the UNI. They still have fresher events and that so maybe you should ring them directly and see if you can get some accommodation..??

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.