Turn on thread page Beta

Where to revise for NHS numeracy and literacy test!!!?? Help watch

ReputationRep:
    Hiya I have an interview for clerical work on bank for the NHS was just wondering if the test is on a computer or written based and is a calculator aloud on the maths test?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, are you able to remember what some of the questions involve, i have a test on Monday and i am really worried i wont pass it then dont get the job, any help would be beneficial. tia x

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys - I have got a clinical support worker interview, but nothing has been mentioned for a test? I got GCSE english a B and Maths a C so will i have to sit the tests or is it compulsory?

ReputationRep:
    I sat the test for the 111 call handler last Saturday. It was typing, dictation, maths and literacy.
    Answers: No you are not allowed a calculator.
    In total the tests took around 1 1/2 hours for all 4.
    You have to listen to a tape and type what has been said. You then listen to another tape and write what has been said. (Spelling, punctuation all counts. Use capital letters full stops)
    The maths and literacy tests were pretty straight forward. You cant have a calculator but they give you some scrap paper to write on if you need it.

P.s. I really messed up on the writing part. I couldn't spell something that was said and I got so muddled up that I just stopped. I waited for the next sentence to start and I carried on, ignoring that I made a mistake.

Dont worry too much about it. You are allowed to make a certain number of mistakes and I made quite a few and still passed.

I've just gotten an email saying I passed these tests and have an interview on Monday so if anyone could give me any advice if they have already been through this process, it would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    I agree my son sat it today and failed maths 41/50 but pass mark is 45... I cant believe the level is so high..I am a nurse and am awful at maths...i really think they should look at these tests for hcsws as today 10/11 candidates failed mathscand so having shortlisted 11 for 6 posts they only had one interviewee...crazy!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

Just came across this, this is so good. I had my literacy and numeracy test for Theatre assistant and I failed. I am gutted. But this won't let me down , I will still practice and apply again. Anyone with the same experience. Please share😀😀

ReputationRep:
    need to revise my level 2numeracy maths

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have the math and English on fri for nhs as a care assistant i am not good at maths and English I done care for over 12 years as well is there any where I can find these paper to learn it befor fri please any one

ReputationRep:
    I did the NHS numeracy and literacy tests just last week and they're really easy. I was sat in the waiting room amongst the patients, and given a small booklet with a few multiple choice questions on both subjects. I then had a face to face interview and then taken into the office where I would work and did a typing test (audio).

ReputationRep:
    Youll be fine!!! My mum is shocking at maths and she passed it last week

You'll be good!!

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview at the post office and need to do both tests but I'm worried incase they are harder than the NHS ones. Has anybody done these for the post office???

ReputationRep:
    has anyone been to the group assessment with a nhs interview?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have an interview with the Chief Technician and Senior Technician for a Pharmacy Assistant Technical Officer role but they never mentioned a literacy and numeracy test. Has that happened to anyone and will I still need to do a literacy and numeracy test?

Also, do you know what kind of questions they ask in the interview?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I have a literacy and numeracy test tomorrow morning with the NHS,
    I am not confident with my numeracy, I've never been comfortable with maths...
    the role is for Bank Admin...can anyone who has been in a similar situation help??? thanks...

ReputationRep:
    Hi Can I ask what type of questions were asked in the test? I have an interview on 14th July in imaging department.Kind Regards

ReputationRep:
    Hi can you let me know what the test Intails I'm going for same job and worried about the maths. Even anything u can suggest to revise ?

ReputationRep:
    Hi iona93 I hope you ok.. iv been invited to an assessment day for ambulance care assistant next week and really worried and the test. did you have your test on computer? was it hard?

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have been invited to an assessment day for Non-Ambulance care Assistant
    I'm really worried about the Maths and English tests...
    Could anyone enlighten me on how the maths test goes? E.g. is it on a computer? what are the questions like?
    Any help would be great.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi saffah100 hope you were successful in getting the job! I also have an assessment tomorrow and I’m really worried about the maths questions as maths is definitely my weak point. Could you tell me what type of maths questions there were please so I can revise before I go. Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Hi i have an interview likes yours how did you revise and what was on it

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.