Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I applied for university back in December, for a Fine Art Course. I knew that i would get pretty good grades, but didnt have all that much confidence, so i applied for what i thought were middling universities.

Scince applying my confidence has grown so much, i found interviews to be enjoyable and easy and i was surprised to get an offer from my First route A interview at Winchester School of Art. I eventually went on to accept this offer. I am doing a National Diploma and the offer was sucessful completion of current course'.

However, when i first started the application process i had so much lesss confidence, i didnt want to go to a big city and i didnt really know which direction i was headed in.

Now i know my results, which are 3 Distinctions, i am more confident in my work and wish i'd applied to London. IO like the look of Chelsea.

I did really like WSA at the time but scince accepting people have told me it's struggling and that it is not as good as it used to be. I'm wondering i i should have aimed higher.

So the question is would ajustment be suitable, will universities like Chelsea still have places?

I dont really have the option to re-apply next year because I am already 21 and need to get my career going. I just dont want to miss an oppertunity.

Thanks,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteelApathy)
    Hi all,

I applied for university back in December, for a Fine Art Course. I knew that i would get pretty good grades, but didnt have all that much confidence, so i applied for what i thought were middling universities.

Scince applying my confidence has grown so much, i found interviews to be enjoyable and easy and i was surprised to get an offer from my First route A interview at Winchester School of Art. I eventually went on to accept this offer. I am doing a National Diploma and the offer was sucessful completion of current course'.

However, when i first started the application process i had so much lesss confidence, i didnt want to go to a big city and i didnt really know which direction i was headed in.

Now i know my results, which are 3 Distinctions, i am more confident in my work and wish i'd applied to London. IO like the look of Chelsea.

I did really like WSA at the time but scince accepting people have told me it's struggling and that it is not as good as it used to be. I'm wondering i i should have aimed higher.

So the question is would ajustment be suitable, will universities like Chelsea still have places?

I dont really have the option to re-apply next year because I am already 21 and need to get my career going. I just dont want to miss an oppertunity.

Thanks,
    It is worth the price of a phone call to Chelsea (and other unis) to find out.

And certainly possible for quality unis to be in Adjustment. Read my FAQ to find out more:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...8#post17385388

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulwhy)
    It is worth the price of a phone call to Chelsea (and other unis) to find out.

And certainly possible for quality unis to be in Adjustment. Read my FAQ to find out more:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...8#post17385388
    Thanks, that is great, can i just ask though:

1) Can i call now or should i wait for adjustment.

2) Will this mean i get less money than i would for London in my student loan if i did get a place or that my student loan would be late or effected in any other way?

Many thanks,

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, that is great, can i just ask though:

1) Can i call now or should i wait for adjustment.
    You may get an indication now. But unis will not know for sure until Results Day what the real situation is.

2) Will this mean i get less money than i would for London in my student loan if i did get a place or that my student loan would be late or effected in any other way?

Many thanks,
    I am not by any stretch of the imagination an expert on the current uni funding system. (e.g. big changes since 91) But I would have thought that if you end up in London you should (eventually) get the London loan. However finance is one of the things that could take a while to sort out when students transfer.

ReputationRep:
    It's not looking good, tried to contact the course director but they are on leave until 2nd Sept. Tried to phone the general applications line there but all i got was that the course is full this year, not sure if the woman even knew what i meant by adjustment.

ReputationRep:
    It's not looking good, tried to contact the course director but they are on leave until 2nd Sept. Tried to phone the general applications line there but all i got was that the course is full this year, not sure if the woman even knew what i meant by adjustment.
    Well idealy you want the admissions department.
    Are you interested in other unis?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure as i would have to do more research into other unis, i want a fine art course which is broad based accross all mediums and has a great reputation and preferably in London, which is why i was thinking Chelsea. I would be interested in Central St Martins too but they are even more over subscribed.

I'm just not sure how this adjustment thing can work as it's all about aiming for better courses, but they are all full.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just not sure how this adjustment thing can work as it's all about aiming for better courses, but they are all full.
    But they may not be when clearing and adjustment open, as candidates' results may not live up to expectations. Stay optimistic, do your research and contact the ones you are interested in at that time if you can't get through earlier (but keep trying now anyway).

ReputationRep:
    Not sure as i would have to do more research into other unis, i want a fine art course which is broad based accross all mediums and has a great reputation and preferably in London, which is why i was thinking Chelsea. I would be interested in Central St Martins too but they are even more over subscribed.

As Good bloke said unis don't know yet if they have places: for a start results not out yet! Some applicants have manged to get (very) positive signs from unis on how they would be treated if they were to make Adjustment transfer requests. But Adjustment is not open yet so no one knows for sure.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.