Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where to train next? specifics and pics included Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesty)
    calling me a fatty and I even +repped you earlier. wish i could revoke that now :p:

I am 6'3" and BMI is 21 so I need to put bit more weight on. I just have the office belly. working in stuffy offices eating **** for 4/5 years does that until i started working out.
    You definitely need to put on weight...at that height I reckon you're looking to bump your mass up to 87-93kg (roughly) if you're looking to increase strength...

ReputationRep:
    It may just be the photos but it seems to me like your shoulders need some work. Or maybe I'm just obsessed with shoulders.

Idk, something about the photo doesn't look quite right. It seems like the abs are dominating too much. But then again, Im not sure if its the photo thats the problem or if its your upper upper body and your arms thats at fault.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4_sophia)
    What??? I don't get it...
    nor me, but em and sophia have a special bond anyway

*reps soph 4 being a ledge anyway

ReputationRep:
    What??? I don't get it...
    Not to put words in MMF's posts but, I think he means your advice was a big pile of gooey ****. That's how I saw it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    to increase the size and strength of your ab muscles (thus enabling a future six pack by losing fat), you MUST DO DEADLIFTS AND SQAUTS, NOT CRUNCHES AND SIT UPS!! as well as eat lots and lots and lots of food. for a novice, sit ups and crunches WILL NOT GET YOU A SIX PACK, TRUST THE EXPERTS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7777777)
    I weigh 65 and i weight train what the hell :eek: its hardly anything, others on the forum squat like 300kg

you must be joking :sigh:
    No I'm not kidding, 300kg? How do you know they're not lying? Unless they're one of those people that can go on World's Strongest Man.

I don't get it. They must be insanely strong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Not to put words in MMF's posts but, I think he means your advice was a big pile of gooey ****. That's how I saw it anyway.
    yeh! this exactly. By the way S ~Med please can you post a picture of ur upper body? just wanna see what stage ur at...cheerz

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    :lolwut:
    I'm short.

You're from Bradford O:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by member101)
    No I'm not kidding, 300kg? How do you know they're not lying? Unless they're one of those people that can go on World's Strongest Man.

I don't get it. T
    I see people (very few, 5 or 6) in my gym squatting up to 200kg and some more. They are massive though. Regular people nevertheless.

a 65kg squat (which is what i am at) is actually completely pathetic and means you are very weak if you are a male.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vivisteiner)
    It may just be the photos but it seems to me like your shoulders need some work. Or maybe I'm just obsessed with shoulders.

Idk, something about the photo doesn't look quite right. It seems like the abs are dominating too much. But then again, Im not sure if its the photo thats the problem or if its your upper upper body and your arms thats at fault.
    it may be because i took it late the other night and just of abs.

my shoulders and arms are much bigger than they were but cant be noticed on this pic. I still wanna get them bigger though which are getting there after time.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, OK well I tried!!! :p:
    sorry I dont mean to be rude or harsh or know it all!!...but just wanted to direct the thread starter in the right direction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesty)
    by squats you mean bench press bar on shoulders right?

sorry but very noob when it comes to the technical terms.

I started trying those but found its painful on my back. I may have been doing them wrong so ill try google the correct way
    Squats are like the best exercise on the planet mate.

I remember when I started as well, I never really did anything physical so I had no traps, but once I had been deadlifting for a short period of time they developed enough for the barbell to rest upon them and the pain went away.

So make sure you deadlift as well as squat . Heavy compounds all the way.

ReputationRep:
    protein shakes
    u'll get tonk like proper straight away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesty)
    thats the thing with these websites. I can never tell the difference between someone being sarcastic or sincere.

So i will reply to both. either bugger off or thank you
    You're welcome!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by member101)
    I'm short.

You're from Bradford O:
    I am indeed. I could also worryingly squat nearly four of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by money-makes-friends)
    I see people (very few, 5 or 6) in my gym squatting up to 200kg and some more. They are massive though. Regular people nevertheless.

a 65kg squat (which is what i am at) is actually completely pathetic and means you are very weak if you are a male.
    So you could lift me up? As in above your head? I struggle to pick my seven year old brother up. It doesn't seem pathetic at all, quite 'Wtf, is he lying?'

Those men, they tend to look hideous. A fair few of them must take steroids?

ReputationRep:
    I started on 30kg squats a few months ago...lol

Can someone explain...are you feet and knees supposed to be pointed out (and how much) when you are squatting? how far should you grip the bar? and like...how wide apart are you legz supposed to be? I'm confused, some hench dude came over to me when I was squatitng and told me I'm damaging my knees cuz they werent facing away from me apparently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by money-makes-friends)

thats only about the same as i will squat anyway. Ill admit to anyone im pretty weak (well...stronger over the last few months) but its all work in progress.

Id rather work up to bigger weights gradually than go big and completley mess up on the form.

I think I was doing squats incorrectly before because I felt no benefit apart from on my legs which im not too bothered with anyway as they get built up through basketball

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.