Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where to train next? specifics and pics included Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    I am indeed. I could also worryingly squat nearly four of you.
    I'm around 35kg. Not 40.

I'm from there too. As if you can pick that much up though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4_sophia)
    Thanks hun... I would rep you but haven't got a clue what it is! I've only just learnt how to quote properly! :p:
    I'm jealous of those people who can multi-quote, thats like the ultimate skill. ahh...one day i shall know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by money-makes-friends)
    yeh! this exactly. By the way S ~Med please can you post a picture of ur upper body? just wanna see what stage ur at...cheerz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesty)
    thats only about the same as i will squat anyway. Ill admit to anyone im pretty weak (well...stronger over the last few months) but its all work in progress.

Id rather work up to bigger weights gradually than go big and completley mess up on the form.

I think I was doing squats incorrectly before because I felt no benefit apart from on my legs which im not too bothered with anyway as they get built up through basketball
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4_sophia)
    Thanks hun... I would rep you but haven't got a clue what it is! I've only just learnt how to quote properly! :p:
    its the little thumbs up on the right of the post. can only do one a day and given mine already

im ill atm and wanna get into the gym asap!! dam illness

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by member101)
    So you could lift me up? As in above your head? I struggle to pick my seven year old brother up. It doesn't seem pathetic at all, quite 'Wtf, is he lying?'

Those men, they tend to look hideous. A fair few of them must take steroids?
    erm...no, squat isnt lifting above the head. I can only lift 40kg above my head...i dunno if the biggest body builders can lift 300 kg in a standing military press!! that would be unimaginable. squat is different...and not all people take steroids, some work hard as hell.

ReputationRep:
    My gym membership ran out like 3 days ago...I'm getting flaccid gradually...
    does anyone know, how good is that £17 protein shake on MyProtein? is it good/high quality cuz i went to sum shops in town and they sell the same quantity for like £50.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by member101)
    I'm around 35kg. Not 40.

I'm from there too. As if you can pick that much up though?
    Whereabouts?

Squat

So you weigh five and a half stone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    dude, you are MAD hench. But something about your body looks strange, I cant quite put my finger on it. Good work though, keep it up.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know, how good is that £17 protein shake on MyProtein? is it good/high quality cuz i went to sum shops in town and they sell the same quantity for like £50.
    As good as any other. Better than most.

Code MP40658 for 5% off.

ReputationRep:
    is this photoshopped?

ReputationRep:
    dude, you are MAD hench. But something about your body looks strange, I cant quite put my finger on it. Good work though, keep it up.
    Its the tan.

ReputationRep:
    As good as any other. Better than most.

Code MP40658 for 5% off.
    Top man.

ReputationRep:
    I got that stuff. Only had it a week or two but seems pretty decent and doesnt taste too bad imo

ReputationRep:
    I started on 30kg squats a few months ago...lol

Can someone explain...are you feet and knees supposed to be pointed out (and how much) when you are squatting? how far should you grip the bar? and like...how wide apart are you legz supposed to be? I'm confused, some hench dude came over to me when I was squatitng and told me I'm damaging my knees cuz they werent facing away from me apparently.
    They're meant to be parallel or slightly outward about shoulder width apart.

theres a 330kg squat.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=213288

ReputationRep:
    I am indeed. I could also worryingly squat nearly four of you.

When i read this, A stupid image came to my head with someone in the squat rack, not squatting weights, but people on the bar bell instead.

Squatting people :|

Also, ty for the myprotein code.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering what's your BMI atm?

ReputationRep:
    Whereabouts?

Squat

So you weigh five and a half stone?
    Ouch, that looks painful. Heaton, you?

Probably put on a few more pounds but yeah, that was what I got last time I was at the doctor's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andylol)
    Just wondering what's your BMI atm?
    mine is about 21 ish

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.