Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where to train next? specifics and pics included watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by money-makes-friends)
    I see ur scared to post a pic of ur self. Not henched up enough?
    I think I already posted this today:

This assumes that aesthetics is the criterion by which progress is measured, that pictures therefore tell the story, and that picture magazines can be the arbiters of success.

This type of thinking completely ignores the performance aspects of training, and performance is much more easily and rapidly influenced.

Rapid, quantifiable progress keeps motivation high, much higher than waiting for a six-pack that may or may not show up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    I think I already posted this today:
    What are your stats?

body mass
    bench press
    deadlift
    squat

ReputationRep:
    Height: 5'9"
    BW: 79kg
    BP: 75-80kg
    Deadlift: 135-140kg
    Squat: 110-115kg
    Time Training: ~2-3 non-consecutive months
    Injuries: Herniated disc

Do you need **** size too?

How is any of this relevant to anything? I'm not on steroids if that's what you're wondering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Height: 5'9"
    BW: 79kg
    BP: 75-80kg
    Deadlift: 135-140kg
    Squat: 110-115kg
    Time Training: ~2-3 non-consecutive months

Do you need **** size too?

How is any of this relevant to anything? I'm not on steroids if that's what you're wondering.
    Hmm I have to say...impressive. Erm by the way I was just curious!! This has nothing to do with anything, it's just that I see you posting quite a lot and was wondering how far you are into body building, so yeh.

**** size is only applicable for males so i didnt ask...

ReputationRep:
    those who take steroids should be shot in the face execution style with a rocket launcher. Steroids make your balls shrink and mean you have summat wrong wit ur brain..

its not that taking steroids is cheating...no no...and its not that if you take steroids then you automatically get stronger without any hard work, no no no. I'm saying that ur taking hormones which have very bad effects on your body just to achieve something which can be achieved through natural means?? who would take steroids I mean?? its crazy really.
    Do you know anything at all about AAS? It appears not.
    Not all steroids make your balls shrink, or testicular atrophy as it's called. Certain ones are worse than others.
    Have a look at the IFBB pros at the moment, I'm talking Heath, Cutler, Dexter or someone. I'd bet any money that cannot be achieved with anabolic assistance.

The reason people take steroids is because they speed up growth, taking away 'natural limits'. As for long term damage and such like, it seems they are actually quite safe.

Do you smoke, drink or take reccy drugs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by member101)
    Ouch, that looks painful. Heaton, you?

Probably put on a few more pounds but yeah, that was what I got last time I was at the doctor's.
    Are you like 3'6" or something? :/

Living in BD4, right on the Leeds/Bradford border.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I have to say...impressive. Erm by the way I was just curious!! This has nothing to do with anything, it's just that I see you posting quite a lot and was wondering how far you are into body building, so yeh.

**** size is only applicable for males so i didnt ask...
    I don't really care about your 'clever' male-**** joke, but likening me to a bodybuilder is likely to get you killed. Tread carefully little one, for you know not the consequences of your actions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)

How is your back? has that injury completely gone now?

+ How'd it happen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7777777)
    How is your back? has that injury completely gone now?
    Yes. But I had it for about 2 years and as such, didn't really use my back much in that time. My back got really weak. I never trained before hand so I was probably weak anyway.

I got it from lifting a 180kg 30kg suitcase. :sigh: I think I just lifted it awkwardly; it didn't hurt at the time but the next day I had severe sciatica and it didn't go away for 2 years.

It went away on its own and I wear a belt when lifting heavy just to be safe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Yes. But I had it for about 2 years and as such, didn't really use my back much in that time. My back got really weak. I never trained before hand so I was probably weak anyway.

It went away on its own and I wear a belt when lifting heavy just to be safe.
    good, Since starting SS my bach hasn't ached at all so i'm pretty happy about that :yes: never squatted previously and i've gone up 22.5kg!

30kg suitcase, how unlucky!!

ReputationRep:
    I got ill at Christmas and lost weight and didn't lift. Then I came back to lifting and tried to deadlift 150kg, TWANG. Brb erectors or upper back pulled because every time I breathed I screamed and had to take strong painkillers for awhile.

My dead is now back around the same after not really lifting since then though .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by member101)
    So you could lift me up? As in above your head? I struggle to pick my seven year old brother up. It doesn't seem pathetic at all, quite 'Wtf, is he lying?'

Those men, they tend to look hideous. A fair few of them must take steroids?
    Lol, I could lift you up easily even though most people would say I look weak due to my small build. I bench press your weight, and I'm only fifty something kilos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vivisteiner)
    Lol, I could lift you up easily even though most people would say I look weak due to my small build. I bench press your weight, and I'm only fifty something kilos.
    It's harder to throw around humans than weights, I experienced this when trying to throw around my 10 stone missus (she's tall and on volleyball team, not fatty).

(PS Not woman beater).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluxD)
    It's harder to throw around humans than weights, I experienced this when trying to throw around my 10 stone missus (she's tall and on volleyball team, not fatty).

(PS Not woman beater).
    Really?

My younger cousin weighs about 40kg and I can lift her up fairly easily. Then again, I didn't try throwing her around since I'm no woman beater.

But the good thing about weights is that they have nice handles. When I'm transporting cupboards and bookshelves though for example, they're often not very heavy but they're still harder to carry. Its because you have to grip them akwardly and you get a lot of pressure on your hands sometimes. (rather than solely on your muscles)

ReputationRep:
    Above your head?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit confused as well. Its easy to pick up someone onto your shoulders especially with a firemans lift. Even if they're heavier than you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    Above your head?
    It really depends what you mean, as 7777777777 said.

ReputationRep:
    I think brotherhood means pressing someone above your head...

http://www.ukxta.co.uk/images/Ben%20...er%20Press.jpg

ReputationRep:
    I mean pressing above your head, exactly as above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    I mean pressing above your head, exactly as above.
    Hmmmm, yeah, you're right. I couldn't overhead press 40kg. With dumbells I generally do 10kg in each arm for my overhead press although I don't know what my 1 rep max is. I'm not at all strong though, so there must be quite a few guys out there who can overhead press 40kg.

Of course, if you're allowed to sling the person over your shoulder then 40kg's not hard.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.