Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anon or delete please, this is quite horrendous.

Right, there's this man who lives by me who is about 45 (I'm 18). He's a regular in all the pubs in the small town where I live, and last Friday night I saw him out and we started chatting. I was pretty worse for wear and let's just say he is definitely the type to take advantage of a situation. So I ended back at his (honestly, I don't know what the hell I was thinking) and woke up the next morning to find myself in his bed, wearing only my bra. I quickly got out of there and went home, telling my mom I stayed at my friend's.

Now the issue is, he's not a very nice man, He's been to prison for assaulting his last girlfriend and everyone hates him. I don't know what I should do. It's not like I can avoid him as he lives in the house opposite mine. Should I tell someone?

ReputationRep:
    So are you trying to say that you think you were raped?

ReputationRep:
    Morning-after pill + STD check ASAP by your GP. I can't give you any advice of whether to tell anyone or not though...

ReputationRep:
    Get an std check

ReputationRep:
    ew! go to the police and say you are raped!
    dont give him another chance..

(Original post by fallen angel9)
    No, no, I don't think he'd do that. I just feel so sick from it all. I need to resolve it in some way because it's driving me crazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No, no, I don't think he'd do that. I just feel so sick from it all. I need to resolve it in some way because it's driving me crazy.
    Just confide in someone you trust then.

ReputationRep:
    I'd barely call it rape? Tell you what you should do, drink less, and learn a lesson from the fact getting wrecked out your face will get you in situations like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luca118)
    I'd barely call it rape? Tell you what you should do, drink less, and learn a lesson from the fact getting wrecked out your face will get you in situations like that.
    I don't think that the OP has called it rape. I agree with the other part of your post.

ReputationRep:
    ****, people really don't see the seriousness of crying rape, when by the sounds of it wasn't if you have **** advice like that go spread it somewhere else.

I know I made a huge mistake and of course I will make sure nothing like that EVER happens again, but I'm not a ****. I just feel as if there's no-one I can turn to; my friends won't understand, my parents would make a big deal out of it and I just can't cope with the stress.

ReputationRep:
    why is everybody telling her to tell the police she was raped? its illegal to falsely accuse someone of rape. Thats just a downright nasty thing to do - okay he might be a bad guy himself but its just discusting to falsely accuse someone of something like that.

Just to confirm, I am not going to say I was raped, simply because I know for a fact that I wasn't.

ReputationRep:
    Anon or delete please, this is quite horrendous.

Right, there's this man who lives by me who is about 45 (I'm 18). He's a regular in all the pubs in the small town where I live, and last Friday night I saw him out and we started chatting. I was pretty worse for wear and let's just say he is definitely the type to take advantage of a situation. So I ended back at his (honestly, I don't know what the hell I was thinking) and woke up the next morning to find myself in his bed, wearing only my bra. I quickly got out of there and went home, telling my mom I stayed at my friend's.

Now the issue is, he's not a very nice man, He's been to prison for assaulting his last girlfriend and everyone hates him. I don't know what I should do. It's not like I can avoid him as he lives in the house opposite mine. Should I tell someone?

Stop panicking, stop being upset, just calm down, ok?

Breathe. Something horrible happened, yes? Yes. You can't change that. You slept with him. You didn't die, nothing particularly horrendous happened, so it could be worse. Something unpleasant has happened, but you don't need to dwell on it for too long. Don't beat yourself up because there's no point. What happened happened and you can't change it, and people who live in the past are always ****** in the head.

Ok. You're embarased, and I would be too. But it's just sex, everyone does it. Just ignore the creep (you can't avoid him, but you can ignore him), and try not to let yourself get into such a vulnerable situation.

Go and get a check up at the local GUM clinic though, like very soon!

Tbh, I'm not sure if you're implying you were raped or just slept with an older man because you were smashed, but if it's the former I wouldn't bother pursuing it. I know that's not what most people say, but I really wouldn't bother with the police. You have no evidence or proof to say it wasn't consensual, the amount of alcohol in your system as this point will be unprovable, and it's really a horrible experience trying to get a rape conviction. You were drunk, if you went to court you'd have some prosecution lawyer grilling you, and that's of course if you could even get it so far. I'm guessing you have very little chance of a prosecution, and who would want this to drag on for months and months? Also, do you want everyone knowing?

Tbh I really think your best course of action is to draw a line under all of this. Don't EVER get yourself in such a bad position again, get yourself checked out at a GUM clinic, and ignore the guy like the plague.

x

Edit: Ok so you weren't raped. Meh, rest still stands. Look at the cats in my sig, they'll cheer you up.

ReputationRep:
    I think you should get yourself checked down at ur GP. Its obvious that u were very drunk and don't really know what happened and therefore saying that it is rape is wrong ( although i know that u arn't). Maye confiding in a friend and learning from this would be good enough

ReputationRep:
    No.

(Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Stop panicking, stop being upset, just calm down, ok?

Breathe. Something horrible happened, yes? Yes. You can't change that. You slept with him. You didn't die, nothing particularly horrendous happened, so it could be worse. Something unpleasant has happened, but you don't need to dwell on it for too long. Don't beat yourself up because there's no point. What happened happened and you can't change it, and people who live in the past are always ****** in the head.

Ok. You're embarased, and I would be too. But it's just sex, everyone does it. Just ignore the creep (you can't avoid him, but you can ignore him), and try not to let yourself get into such a vulnerable situation.

Go and get a check up at the local GUM clinic though, like very soon!

Tbh, I'm not sure if you're implying you were raped or just slept with an older man because you were smashed, but if it's the former I wouldn't bother pursuing it. I know that's not what most people say, but I really wouldn't bother with the police. You have no evidence or proof to say it wasn't consensual, the amount of alcohol in your system as this point will be unprovable, and it's really a horrible experience trying to get a rape conviction. You were drunk, if you went to court you'd have some prosecution lawyer grilling you, and that's of course if you could even get it so far. I'm guessing you have very little chance of a prosecution, and who would want this to drag on for months and months? Also, do you want everyone knowing?

Tbh I really think your best course of action is to draw a line under all of this. Don't EVER get yourself in such a bad position again, get yourself checked out at a GUM clinic, and ignore the guy like the plague.

x

Edit: Ok so you weren't raped. Meh, rest still stands. Look at the cats in my sig, they'll cheer you up.
    It's easy to say just ignore him, but he's like a builder or something and he's always working outside his house in the day. I'm so disgusted by him I think I'd physically throw up if I ever saw him again.

ReputationRep:
    It's easy to say just ignore him, but he's like a builder or something and he's always working outside his house in the day. I'm so disgusted by him I think I'd physically throw up if I ever saw him again.

It's easy to say, but it has to be done. What else is there to do but ignore him? Don't let him permeate your thoughts so much, just try and draw a line under it all. Again, easier said than done, but must be done.

ReputationRep:
    She wasn't raped if she implicitly consented to all this whilst drunk. It would be disgraceful to launch that accusation without good reason.

ReputationRep:
    You are liable for your own actions. No point in getting the law involved. As others have said, visit your GP and do some check-ups.

Why, on earth, did you do such a thing?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.