Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just be civil, say hi if you need to and that's it. Put it behind you, and make sure you're not alone with him again. Don't tell your parents or any friends that you don't trust because they will make a massive fuss out of it. And as others have said don't go to the police. Think about it, could have been worse. If he assaulted others before he could have assaulted you also. You had a lucky escape and I know it must have been horrible but just put it behind you and promise yourself that you won't be in such situations again. *hugs*

ReputationRep:
    I'm so disgusted by him I think I'd physically throw up if I ever saw him again.
    Get over yourself, go talk to him and tell him it was a drunken mistake which will never happen again. Don't wait for him to come and approach you (possibly when you're drunk again) you need to lay it down in stone, girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melancholy)
    She wasn't raped if she implicitly consented to all this whilst drunk. It would be disgraceful to launch that accusation without good reason.
    I wasn't suggesting that she launched an accusation. I just asked her a question because her post made it sound worse than what it actually was as she used words like 'horrendous' and she said that she 'slept' with him which made me think that she had sex with him. She also suggested that she was taken advantage of. I'm not in any way condoning the OP's actions. I think it's wrong of women to accuse men of rape left right and centre.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you're OK healthwise and morning after pill is advisable, but don't beat yourself up over it, everybody makes mistakes.

Adults have sex, that's life. You'll probably find that this isn't the only time you'll have sex and regret it, most people my age have a story or two to tell.. You just put it into the "experience" file and learn from it. It's only a big deal if you make it one.

(Original post by Altruistic1)
    Get over yourself, go talk to him and tell him it was a drunken mistake which will never happen again. Don't wait for him to come and approach you (possibly when you're drunk again) you need to lay it down in stone, girl.
    I don't think you understood the context of my post. I didn't mean disgusted in a physical sense; it's more to do with the things he has done, which I'm not going to go in to.
    I sincerely hope he doesn't approach me and I am 100% sure I won't be approaching him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    I wasn't suggesting that she launched an accusation. I just asked her a question because her post made it sound worse than what it actually was as she used words like 'horrendous' and she said that she 'slept' with him which made me think that she had sex with him. She also suggested that she was taken advantage of. I'm not in any way condoning the OP's actions. I think it's wrong of women to accuse men of rape left right and centre.
    Fair enough, but she probably did have sex with him which was horrendous in hindsight - and she probably was taken advantage of - yet it wouldn't be rape. Fair enough if you're not suggesting that, though, like I said.

(Original post by fallen angel9)
    Will people please stop going on about rape! I was not raped, but I do aplogise if it came across that way in my first post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melancholy)
    Fair enough, but she probably did have sex with him which was horrendous in hindsight - and she probably was taken advantage of - yet it wouldn't be rape. Fair enough if you're not suggesting that, though, like I said.

That's fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_red_sox)
    Make sure you're OK healthwise and morning after pill is advisable, but don't beat yourself up over it, everybody makes mistakes.

Adults have sex, that's life. You'll probably find that this isn't the only time you'll have sex and regret it, most people my age have a story or two to tell.. You just put it into the "experience" file and learn from it. It's only a big deal if you make it one.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    The OP has made it clear that she wasn't raped and this wasn't the point of the thread

Can people please stick to giving advice on how to deal with what happened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Will people please stop going on about rape! I was not raped, but I do aplogise if it came across that way in my first post.
    Fair enough! You weren't raped. Just try and get over it and be more careful in the future.

ReputationRep:
    Morning after pill, get yourself checked out.

I took the morning after pill on the Saturday morning, so I'm not worried about pregnancy or anything, and I will go and get checked for STIs this week (although I'm pretty scared about doing so).
    It's just the emotional trauma that is the problem.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you understood the context of my post. I didn't mean disgusted in a physical sense; it's more to do with the things he has done, which I'm not going to go in to.
    I sincerely hope he doesn't approach me and I am 100% sure I won't be approaching him.
    Oh ok then. But still, he sounds like the kinda guy who will think "well, she slept with me - therefore she must like me at least a little"... chances are he's not going to leave you alone just because he woke up and you weren't there.. if you're not going to let him know, then you should really know what you're going to say (to make it clear you want nothing to do with him) for when he does come up to you.

ReputationRep:
    When you say 'the things he has done' - I hope that is in other situations, and not with you?
    I have a mother and friends I could tell absolutely anything to, but if you don't feel you can trust the people around you enough to tell them, then perhaps it's best not to. Like other people suggested, do go see a doctor and take the morning after pil if you're not on the pil. Try your best to put it all behind you and don't ever get that drunk again.

(Original post by Altruistic1)
    Oh ok then. But still, he sounds like the kinda guy who will think "well, she slept with me - therefore she must like me at least a little"... chances are he's not going to leave you alone just because he woke up and you weren't there.. if you're not going to let him know, then you should really know what you're going to say (to make it clear you want nothing to do with him) for when he does come up to you.
    Yeah, I think you're right on that one.
    I'm just hoping if I ignore him, he'll eventually get the message

(Original post by _Claudia_)
    When you say 'the things he has done' - I hope that is in other situations, and not with you?
    I have a mother and friends I could tell absolutely anything to, but if you don't feel you can trust the people around you enough to tell them, then perhaps it's best not to. Like other people suggested, do go see a doctor and take the morning after pil if you're not on the pil. Try your best to put it all behind you and don't ever get that drunk again.
    Yes, thankfully they have been in other situations- nothing to do with me. I've just heard so many bad things about him, he really is an awful person. I don't know what I was thinking.
    And I will not be drinking for the foreseeable future.

ReputationRep:
    Don't sleep with dodgy old men.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, you clearly have never heard of the phrase "Don't **** on your doorstep" :rolleyes:
    And didn't your friends try and stop you going home with him?

ReputationRep:
    I wonder what all the people in the pub thought when you left with him.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.