Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've admitted what I did was incredibly stupid, but I wasn't the one who initiated it. From what I can remember, he suggested walking me home, then offered to let me stay at his so as not to wake everyone up and I stupidly said yes. I'm sure he knew what a state I was in but he decided to take advantage, however, this is in no way an excuse for my behaviour.

Don't dwell on this thread or this situation. Move on. As others have said, think rationally, get yourself checked and get over it.

You had a one night stand, its nothing new. FIN.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    This is ******* disgusting. YOU messed up because YOU got a bit too drunk and YOU slept with someone probably 2.5x your age. Stop being an irresponsible whore and blaming other people for YOUR own failures. And everyone else advising her to break the law and lie to the police and in court, get a ******* grip and get some morals, plz. Take some god damn responsibility for your actions.
    You ****.

ReputationRep:
    anyone else gettin irritated by the amount of people saying "dont get the police involved" when the op has said from the start that its nothing to do with police/rape accusations.

its just another of those bad things that you remember the day after you get sloshed, havent been in that position myself but if its like any other embarassing incident you'll just have a horrible cringey feeling in your stomach for a couple of weeks when you see him/think about it. but ultimately you just have to move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    You are liable for your own actions. No point in getting the law involved. As others have said, visit your GP and do some check-ups.

Why, on earth, did you do such a thing?
    This might be true, HOWEVER the way the law is written (and Im not saying I really agree with it because of the way it leaves it too open to abuse) is that the girl has to say yes, not just not say no. Because you were morbidly drunk and unnable to remember the night before you cannot have been able to make a sound decision in your state therefore he technically raped you and it is up to you to decide whether to exercise your right to prosecute him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pan's-Labyrinth)
    I don't need to pipe down, and as for saying that the world would be a better place if everyone cried rape?, can you please extract any part of my last message that even implied that, I know some people were on about rape but they were asking if thats what she thinks happens not saying, oh god you 'WERE' raped.

I can read perfectly well my dear maybe you should have a few lessons in interpreting things? ey?
    Hypocrite surely. You interpreted my original post completely wrong, saying that "The OP didn't or hasn't cried rape so jog ion." When did I EVER insinuate that the OP did, I said It didn't sound like it was and therefore, the numerous people that came and said it was rape shouldn't say anything that stupid unless it was the ACTUAL case in hand. Which it isn't.

The fact you actually basically started an argument with me because my post was "boring" when lets be honest woman, I was telling people to stop saying it was rape, and the whole concept of rape isn't a topic which is generally really funny, or would you like me to incorporate a joke about rape and getting taken advantage of just to appease you?

Thank you for your time, I don't know if your in a bad mood or something, I was just telling the idiots that came in that it wasn't, like a majority of others were also agreeing with me, so please find something better to do then quote me and ridicule me when I don't really give a flying ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martin101)
    This might be true, HOWEVER the way the law is written (and Im not saying I really agree with it because of the way it leaves it too open to abuse) is that the girl has to say yes, not just not say no. Because you were morbidly drunk and unnable to remember the night before you cannot have been able to make a sound decision in your state therefore he technically raped you and it is up to you to decide whether to exercise your right to prosecute him.
    Legally, I think OP has little chance of getting anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    This is ******* disgusting. YOU messed up because YOU got a bit too drunk and YOU slept with someone probably 2.5x your age. Stop being an irresponsible whore and blaming other people for YOUR own failures. And everyone else advising her to break the law and lie to the police and in court, get a ******* grip and get some morals, plz. Take some god damn responsibility for your actions.

Perhaps learn to read. There was no mention of blame from the OP, all she wanted was a little bit of advice. And calling her an "irresponsible whore" is counterproductive. Secondly, no one was advising her to break the law and lie to the police; the OP herself stated in no way did she think this was rape. The only reason this got mentioned was because someone enquired as to whether it could be - which she fully dismissed.

To be honest I am disgusted at the manner of which some people reply to threads, there is absolutely no need to be so insulting and rude. I dislike the fact that a lot of people partake in these actions and seem to use it to make themselves feel superior.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luca118)
    ****, people really don't see the seriousness of crying rape, when by the sounds of it wasn't if you have **** advice like that go spread it somewhere else.
    Hear hear. The OP got pissed and f?cked a douchebag. Get over it; it's her mistake, she consented by the sound of it.

@OP: Just say 'look, I made a mistake, let's not talk about it again'. Simple.

ReputationRep:
    Was he good?

ReputationRep:
    Hypocrite surely. You interpreted my original post completely wrong, saying that "The OP didn't or hasn't cried rape so jog ion." When did I EVER insinuate that the OP did, I said It didn't sound like it was and therefore, the numerous people that came and said it was rape shouldn't say anything that stupid unless it was the ACTUAL case in hand. Which it isn't.

The fact you actually basically started an argument with me because my post was "boring" when lets be honest woman, I was telling people to stop saying it was rape, and the whole concept of rape isn't a topic which is generally really funny, or would you like me to incorporate a joke about rape and getting taken advantage of just to appease you?

Thank you for your time, I don't know if your in a bad mood or something, I was just telling the idiots that came in that it wasn't, like a majority of others were also agreeing with me, so please find something better to do then quote me and ridicule me when I don't really give a flying ****.
    *yawns*
    Its Ok I realise you're just a little boy and have a lot of growing up to do . Perhaps if your original post had been more meticulous we wouldn't have been in this situation at all . Just a thought.

ReputationRep:
    Tell a close friend, morning after pill + STI check up now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martin101)
    Maybe she raped him? I've never heard a guy have such an appauling attitude. I've had sex several times this week, not once did I ask my girlfriend for written permission signed by both her parents in triplicate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pan's-Labyrinth)
    *yawns*
    Its Ok I realise you're just a little boy and have a lot of growing up to do . Perhaps if your original post had been more meticulous we wouldn't have been in this situation at all . Just a thought.
    Sorry don't remember asking for your thoughts? You started all this drama for no reason, don't try and patronise me, try and be a bit more original, playground antics can be saved for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry don't remember asking for your thoughts? You started all this drama for no reason, don't try and patronise me, try and be a bit more original, playground antics can be saved for yourself.
    Well last time I checked my thoughts are my opinions, and everyone is entitled to one so you can't go throwing your dummy out the pram just because I've given it and you don't like/can't handle what I'm saying.

I didn't start a drama tbh I simply said the Op wasn't crying rape etc to which you replied with a long essay slating my interpretation of it and saying I need to learn to read, so actually darling I did not start any of this quite rightly so 'pathetic' bantor.

Ok I'm done now and I am bored of this

ReputationRep:
    All you girls who call rape are shocking. She wasn't raped - she chose to go of her own consent.

Rape. Pfft, you disgust me.

ReputationRep:
    Get a check-up to prevent any further injuries, also talk to someone just in case something was to happen in the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Varciani)
    All you girls who call rape are shocking. She wasn't raped - she chose to go of her own consent.

Rape. Pfft, you disgust me.
    Good man.

ReputationRep:
    OP - get STI check, morning after pill. Tell a friend you can trust & won't judge. And I'm sorry this thread has gottan out of hand where people haven't bothered to read in the typical TSR way. Everyone makes mistakes, and this was one of yours. Learn from it, put in the past and move on. As for the guy - you just have to ignore him. If he calls you in the street just walk past him. Act like you don't remember it happening at all. I know you feel disgusted with yourself but genuinely, everyone will at some point in their life do something they regret this much. You were drunk. it's not an excuse but it is an explaination, and something you can prevent happening in the future. Please don't beat yourself up about this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Stop panicking, stop being upset, just calm down, ok?

Breathe. Something horrible happened, yes? Yes. You can't change that. You slept with him. You didn't die, nothing particularly horrendous happened, so it could be worse. Something unpleasant has happened, but you don't need to dwell on it for too long. Don't beat yourself up because there's no point. What happened happened and you can't change it, and people who live in the past are always ****** in the head.

Ok. You're embarased, and I would be too. But it's just sex, everyone does it. Just ignore the creep (you can't avoid him, but you can ignore him), and try not to let yourself get into such a vulnerable situation.

Go and get a check up at the local GUM clinic though, like very soon!

Tbh, I'm not sure if you're implying you were raped or just slept with an older man because you were smashed, but if it's the former I wouldn't bother pursuing it. I know that's not what most people say, but I really wouldn't bother with the police. You have no evidence or proof to say it wasn't consensual, the amount of alcohol in your system as this point will be unprovable, and it's really a horrible experience trying to get a rape conviction. You were drunk, if you went to court you'd have some prosecution lawyer grilling you, and that's of course if you could even get it so far. I'm guessing you have very little chance of a prosecution, and who would want this to drag on for months and months? Also, do you want everyone knowing?

Tbh I really think your best course of action is to draw a line under all of this. Don't EVER get yourself in such a bad position again, get yourself checked out at a GUM clinic, and ignore the guy like the plague.

x

Edit: Ok so you weren't raped. Meh, rest still stands. Look at the cats in my sig, they'll cheer you up.

:giggle: that would cheer me up, just reading that sentence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pop_tart)
    ew! go to the police and say you are raped!
    dont give him another chance..
    that's ridiculous...you can't say you were raped when you really just slept with someone when you were drunk..you'l ruin an innocent man's life..and it's not all his fault..he must've just thought it was his lucky night..bloody hell..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.