Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

student finance - recieved financial evidence back.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I got it back two weeks ago but haven't heard anything about it being assessed yet
    Anyone know roughly how long it'll take me to recieve the final notification?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I can't answer your q, but when did you send your evidence? I sent my evidence off ages ago and still haven't got anything. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanoi)
    Sorry, I can't answer your q, but when did you send your evidence? I sent my evidence off ages ago and still haven't got anything. :/
    Beginning of May, they've got a huge backlog apparently

ReputationRep:
    I got my final notification back but not my evidence?

I hate student finance, so bloody confusing

ReputationRep:
    Give it another 4 weeks

ReputationRep:
    they sent back all my evidence back in june

im assuming that everything is in order then.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a similar situation, sent everything off by beginning of May, then had to send some evidence to show my household income has fallen. Recently got back a letter saying I had the minimum amount of money they would give anyone, rang them up and they said I'll be means tested to get the full grant, then a letter arrived saying I'd get means tested... nearly a month later and I haven't been still!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juicyfruit)
    I'm in a similar situation, sent everything off by beginning of May, then had to send some evidence to show my household income has fallen. Recently got back a letter saying I had the minimum amount of money they would give anyone, rang them up and they said I'll be means tested to get the full grant, then a letter arrived saying I'd get means tested... nearly a month later and I haven't been still!
    I haven't even recieved the non means tested one
    Its really annoying me now because everyone else I know seems to have had theres back, non means tested obviously. They reall need to sort themselves out, uni is next month!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytee.)
    Beginning of May, they've got a huge backlog apparently

:eek3: :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: I sent mine in June, I'm gonna be waiting ages!

Yeah, I have heard that they have a backlog but don't they get it every year?

Thanks for answering anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone :hi:
    I sent birth certificates to them about 4 weeks ago, but still haven't heard back yet. They told me to wait another 6 weeks. Has anyone else had this? Do they normally get the loans out before uni starts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah369)
    Hi everyone :hi:
    I sent birth certificates to them about 4 weeks ago, but still haven't heard back yet. They told me to wait another 6 weeks. Has anyone else had this? Do they normally get the loans out before uni starts?
    I got my birth certificate back about a week after sending it but now they obviously have a lot more applications to deal with.
    You won't get the loans before uni, usually a week after enrolling I think so make sure you have enough money for the first week or so

ReputationRep:
    Student finance are so annoying!!!! I received a letter showing the non means tested amount that I'll get and at the same time I get the forms to fill out to send my income assessed docs! I had already sent it so I rang them and they told me to wait 6 weeks. I'm so worried because I've got a really bad feeling that in the middle of August when I ring them up, they will say they havent received anything and I'm going to have to send everything again (even though I don't have copies!!!) and start this whole thing again!! I'm getting soo fed up of waiting! They need a better system!

ReputationRep:
    I got the non-assessed form which I signed anyway and sent back. Just received the income-assessed version which I'll sign and post tomorrow. Hopefully that's me sorted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam...)
    I got the non-assessed form which I signed anyway and sent back. Just received the income-assessed version which I'll sign and post tomorrow. Hopefully that's me sorted
    when did you send your evidence off??

ReputationRep:
    My birth certificate was sent off in mid March and had that back mid/end April. Not had parents' p60s yet.

It says on the site that I'm currently non-income assessed and have been since April/May, but haven't had a notification/declaration back yet.

ReputationRep:
    when did you send your evidence off??
    I think it was early June.

ReputationRep:
    I think it was early June.
    :eek: They assessed your application very quickly then, I sent mine off beginning of May

ReputationRep:
    :eek: They assessed your application very quickly then, I sent mine off beginning of May
    Obviously I'm special :p:

Have you not received anything since?

ReputationRep:
    why don't you ring, and ask, no harm in asking them

i don't think the final final one cames until you started at uni, most likely to be wrong

ReputationRep:
    Obviously I'm special :p:

Have you not received anything since?
    only got my evidence back 2 weeks ago, nothing since then

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.