Turn on thread page Beta

student finance - recieved financial evidence back.. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah369)
    Hi everyone :hi:
    I sent birth certificates to them about 4 weeks ago, but still haven't heard back yet. They told me to wait another 6 weeks. Has anyone else had this? Do they normally get the loans out before uni starts?
    Did they request this after you'd sent your application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh_adele)
    Did they request this after you'd sent your application?
    I did the application online and it requested the birth certificates then. I've now had mine back, but not my childrens ones. Apparently they have to go to different departments
    I had to send mine for ID purposes and my childrens ones as they are my dependants. Are you having problems too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytee.)
    when did you send your evidence off??
    I sent off my evidence in April and they sent it back 2 weeks ago, i thought everything was fine and now they have just sent me a letter telling me they need different evidence. I'm completely back to square one. I have no faith in Student Finance, i hope everything will just fall into place in September but i don't see that happening when they are so far behind.

ReputationRep:
    I got accepted onto my course quite late really. I only got the application form sent off on Monday - when do you expect (with regards to backlogs etc.) I might get my loan? (first timer sorry). My claims quite complicated aswell I think, special support grant, benefits, loads of potential 'gray areas' the student support lady told me. Nervous about rent and things after my disability benefits stop and I don't have my loan :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiada)
    I got accepted onto my course quite late really. I only got the application form sent off on Monday - when do you expect (with regards to backlogs etc.) I might get my loan? (first timer sorry). My claims quite complicated aswell I think, special support grant, benefits, loads of potential 'gray areas' the student support lady told me. Nervous about rent and things after my disability benefits stop and I don't have my loan :confused:
    Don't expect to have your loans etc at the start of term. I applied in May and was only approved yesterday. They've got about a 12 week backlog and those who applied after the deadline are being classed as low priority applications for now until everyone elses is sorted

ReputationRep:
    So maybe in around 12 weeks? Might have to give my landlord a ring and explain the situation. Aslong as its before christmas I guess!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah369)
    I did the application online and it requested the birth certificates then. I've now had mine back, but not my childrens ones. Apparently they have to go to different departments
    I had to send mine for ID purposes and my childrens ones as they are my dependants. Are you having problems too?
    Yeah. I've had to send evidence seperately, too. It's taking forever.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.