Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Guys: What is a casual relationship? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Apparently thats what my boyfriend of three months says we're in. It was news to me, and I can't decide if I'm happy about it.

I know what I think it means, but what does it means to you guys? I'm planning on asking him, but I guess I wanted to know the sort of answer I can expect before I ask.

ReputationRep:
    Casual: physical relationship > emotional relationship.
    Basically it's the opposite of a serious relationship

(Make sure you clarify he does not mean 'open' relationship! because that's a right pickle)

ReputationRep:
    You can wear jeans and Tshirt everytime you meet.

OHHHH i went there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davy-Jones)
    Casual: physical relationship > emotional relationship.
    Basically it's the opposite of a serious relationship

(Make sure you clarify he does not mean 'open' relationship! because that's a right pickle)
    ^^ pretty much that
    abit more emotional than funk buddy :yes:

ReputationRep:
    It means you're in a relationship that's not quite serious yet.

ReputationRep:
    I would interpret casual (bearing in mind my ex said that to me) to mean that if he went out and got with someone else he could use the excuse 'we're only casual'. My ex said we were 'casual' but after a year of being together I couldn't help my feelings, fell in love with him, told him this, and so he broke up with me. So I'd clarify what he means by this, because it's definitely not a good situation to be in!

ReputationRep:
    I think he means more that its not a full on serious lets-get-married-one-day-love-you-so-much relationship, more of a seeing each other and having a good time, and seeing where it takes you.

ReputationRep:
    i would assume he meant you were "seeing" each other. therefore you are both free to do as you please.
    i would check with him tho as it obviously menas different things to different people!

ReputationRep:
    It means if he wants to sleep with other girls, he can and you can't ***** at him for it.

ReputationRep:
    Well a casual relationship is just sex. A serious relationship is just a normal relationship that has a future potentially. That's always been my definition.

ReputationRep:
    You're a glorified sex doll.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2009
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.