Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

how long should i wait till i go back to the gym? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, i've just got my cast taken off for good, after breaking both of my bones in my right wrist (quite a bad break) 6 weeks ago now and i was just wondering how long i should wait till i go back to the gym to do weights etc??? Don't want to risk any thing so i was thinking 2-3 weeks from now??? Any advice please?

ReputationRep:
    Didn't you think about asking the doctor?

ReputationRep:
    Well that depends how bad the breaks were? Did a physio/dr give you any indication?

I believe the typical time is 4-8 weeks to heal, so personally I'd start thinking about some light training/rehab style stuff after another 2 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bishbashbosh)
    Well that depends how bad the breaks were? Did a physio/dr give you any indication?

I believe the typical time is 4-8 weeks to heal, so personally I'd start thinking about some light training/rehab style stuff after another 2 weeks.
    well the doctor just said you'll be carrying on with your normal life within 2weeks and it'll be normal within a year(as in completly straight as they couldn't quite straighten the bone during surgery) so i'll probably just start slowly off in another 2weeks time, ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    Your 'normal' life. Did you explain to the doctor that your normal life included weight training?

ReputationRep:
    i'd go ask your gp, and make sure when you go back to the gym, start on very light weights, and slowly build it up over several weeks

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.