Turn on thread page Beta

If you were ont he streets and were offered free water...? watch

• View Poll Results: If you were walking past a stand giving out free water, would you take a bottle?
    Yes
    87.95%
    No
    12.05%

ReputationRep:
    This is a quick poll question:

If you were walking on the streets, particularly on a hot summers day and you passed a stall/stand offering free water, would you take one?

If you have the time, also reply below what other free drink you would want to have at the stall from these options:

A lightly carbonated isotonic sports drink.

Orange or mixed fruit power drink - Refreshing, energising drink with added vitamins and offered in two flavours - orange or mixed fruit.

Low calorie lemon iced tea - Lightly sparkling carbonated iced tea drink.

Thanks!

EDIT: THE BOTTLE IS SEALED LIKE REGULAR WATER AND IS FROM AN ORGANISATION WITH SEVERAL PEOPLE GIVING OUT THE WATER IN PROMOTIONAL T-SHIRTS.

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably take an iced tea, yeah.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be slightly suspicious, but if it looked reputable then probably yes. I did a couple of summer ago on the tube when it got hot

ReputationRep:
    Is this some sort of market research?

ReputationRep:
    Why do you want to know?

ReputationRep:
    You have to take any freebies! It's basically an unwritten rule.

ReputationRep:
    from any old stranger no.from an organisation probably yes if i was dehydrated..

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'd take the water. For the 2nd drink I'd take the mixed fruit power drink.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plan_up_sleeve)
    This is a quick poll question:

If you were walking on the streets, particularly on a hot summers day and you passed a stall/stand offering free water, would you take one?

If you have the time, also reply below what other free drink you would want to have at the stall from these options:

A lightly carbonated isotonic sports drink.

Orange or mixed fruit power drink - Refreshing, energising drink with added vitamins and offered in two flavours - orange or mixed fruit.

Low calorie lemon iced tea - Lightly sparkling carbonated iced tea drink.

Thanks!
    id take it if it was bottled and the lid hadnt been removed. if not it could be dirty so id keep going and buy it (well it actually really depends on how thirsty i am!)

i would like to try lemon iced tea as i havent yet but as im in the middle of the street id just take orange drink.

EDIT: and it mustn't be volvic as that water is nasty. evian or vittel for me :yy:

ReputationRep:
    orange or mixed fruit juice
    waters good too

ReputationRep:
    as long as it was all bottled, i would take the water/lemon iced tea.

ReputationRep:
    If it was hot, I'd probably go for water. It would hydrate me the longest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bishbashbosh)
    You have to take any freebies! It's basically an unwritten rule.
    ^^EXACTLY^^

ReputationRep:
    I was forced to do something along the lines of this with my church but I couldn't be bothered / chickened out and ended up putting a few bottles of water on a wall and wandering around aimlessly for 2 hours until I found some other guys who were in my group and were actually doing it.

I can't just hand random bottles of water out to random people, could be poisoned or some ****.

ReputationRep:
    If you were giving anything out for free, I'd take it. Even if I didn't particularly like it (e.g. I hate iced tea) then I'd just give it to someone who did like it.

ReputationRep:
    I'd take the water... The others i wouldn't as i can't really have energy drinks due to it speeding up heart rhythm and that stuff

ReputationRep:
    if I was thirsty...

Yeah, I would. And probably an ice tea And possibly the sports drink as well.

ReputationRep:
    There are plenty of people who do this in various city centres - and yes, I usually take what's given. If I don't drink it, I can usually give it to someone who will back home.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, carbonated iced tea? What planet are you on where thats a good idea?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.