Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I drink to make other people seem more interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Communist Daughter)
    I drink to make other people seem more interesting.
    Does that work?

I find that things and people seem that slight bit more amusing.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I drink; sometimes I don't. However, I generally find the people that seem to live for nights out and nothing else a tad boring. A lot of people at Cardiff were a bit like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cooljack)
    well not so much locals, weekends are ok generally. Race days on the other hand, town just fills with idiots. York seems to gravitate morons from Middlesbrough, Leeds, Hull and Doncaster on race days.
    Hey! Im from Stockton (like 10 minutes from Middlesbrough) and can I just say we arent all that bad. True 99.99999% of the population of Middlesbrough are inbred and are alcoholics, but the .111111% of us are actually rather mint.

Im going to York and I will admit, I do like a night out with cocktails but Im not the type you would see normally from Middlesbrough or any of the other places.

Anywho, the point of the thread...Tbh I go through stages of being able to drink, as as soon as I turned 18 I couldnt hold one drink down, it just made me so ill so I would still go out with friends but not drink. And I am THE mother hen so if anyone needs one I shall adopt you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melons_2009)
    Hey! Im from Stockton (like 10 minutes from Middlesbrough) and can I just say we arent all that bad. True 99.99999% of the population of Middlesbrough are inbred and are alcoholics, but the .111111% of us are actually rather mint.
    That's.. 100.111101% ???

Middlesbrough is a statistical impossibility ?!? :woo:

Someone's been drinking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sloaner)
    That's.. 100.111101% ???

Middlesbrough is a statistical impossibility ?!? :woo:

Someone's been drinking

Ok im **** at maths :P

Lets hope noone else notices that :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melons_2009)
    Ok im **** at maths :P

Lets hope noone else notices that :P
    Hahah don't worry, it'll be our little secret :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Sophie, what have I told you?

Don't attempt difficult maths :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kris_McGee)
    Sophie, what have I told you?

Don't attempt difficult maths :p:
    I know I shouldnt. Its not even that hard.

Im jsut poo at maths. I blame you McGee.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinsula)
    Well I'm not in university, but I know for a fact people won't consider you a stingy hermit for declining alcohol. Most would see it as quite sensible.
    Myself, I don't tend to drink much purely because I don't like the taste. Most people say it's acquired, but I've been trying to acquire it for quite some time to no avail :laugh:

true true. cider is best. bulmers [drool]

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to York university in October, and I'm another who doesn't get the attraction of excessive drinking, and clubbing... I really can't think of a worse way to spend an evening. This thread has comforted me a bit! Anyone in James college here?

ReputationRep:
    I don't drink at all. And I'm in Derwent. What was I thinking? Totally looking forward to uni even if I probably won't be participating in all aspects of the "student experience". (:

ReputationRep:
    I love booze but don't like clubbing.

Maybe I should develop that a little, I love the taste of a nice cold beer after a hard (lol yeah right) day's work but hate the idea of going to a club just to get marginalised by all of the drunkards and pillheads. I'm thinking of joining the "Fine Taste Society" - dedicated to the appreciation of alcohol's taste

ReputationRep:
    I don't drink at all. And I'm in Derwent. What was I thinking?
    Well, the Uni have just announced they're shutting Derwent bar :P

ReputationRep:
    Meh I don't really drink out of a combination of fitness and booze being bad for that and ridiculously strong acne tablets (that don't work). Still love clubbing though and i find if i drink 5 red bulls it's the same effect as 5 pints

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laser)
    Well, the Uni have just announced they're shutting Derwent bar :P
    True. This doesn't change the college's reputation though. Plus accommodation apps happened before the announcement so the people I'll be living with wouldn't've known. They may be mad boozers yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bambi2803)
    Meh I don't really drink out of a combination of fitness and booze being bad for that and ridiculously strong acne tablets (that don't work). Still love clubbing though and i find if i drink 5 red bulls it's the same effect as 5 pints
    Christ, I'm surprised you haven't dropped dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meadows14)
    Christ, I'm surprised you haven't dropped dead.
    l.o.l.

ReputationRep:
    let me just say i know how a hummingbird feels. and the sugar crash has to be experienced to be believed......

ReputationRep:
    :P if you want keep the thread alive and we can have some serious monopoly games.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.