Turn on thread page Beta

I don't think it matters. If people judge you for drinking/not drinking, then they aren't really worth having in your circle of friends, imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laus)
    I don't think it matters. If people judge you for drinking/not drinking, then they aren't really worth having in your circle of friends, imo.
    Well personally i have close friends and just more like people i just know. >.< close friends don't really care too drink tbh. whereas all people i just know tend to want more :P

ReputationRep:
    I don't drink, but i'm not expecting it to effect anything socially. I don't see any reason why it should.

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell! I hope York isn't packed with people who don't drink.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LurkerintheDark)
    Don't worry. I'm pretty sure the non-drinkers are vastly outnumbered. The reason we need a thread is because we are a minority who need to search each other out amongst the majority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LurkerintheDark)
    Just because we don't drink doesn't mean you can't, we're not stopping anyone :P And for the record, I don't intend on seeking out people who don't drink to have little not drinking parties xD I'll just be going to/doing what everyone else does, except I won't be getting off my face. Everyone else can feel free.

ReputationRep:
    I'm another one who doesnt drink much...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by archly)
    Don't worry. I'm pretty sure the non-drinkers are vastly outnumbered. The reason we need a thread is because we are a minority who need to search each other out amongst the majority.
    This is pretty much it. : )

And woohoo, the monopoly games!

ReputationRep:
    ahhh, good to see others exist :love:

(Original post by Chaiteafairy)
    Aww, thank you, Dissonance. I certainly have opinions, but in my usual circles I've been reluctant to voice them too loudly. xD I do fear I might bore people/seem TOO unusual.
    ohhh i like the sound of u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotsofsnails)
    ahhh, good to see others exist :love:

ohhh i like the sound of u
    Really? I was trying to put people OFF with that! 8D

I'm mega jittery now. And flipping out about packing, oh my.

My mother, the dear, has brought a couple of Robinson's squashes and insists I need pickled onions. As much as I may sometimes complain about her, she's determined to make sure I don't starve.

And never get kissed, but since I was the one who picked up the onions and garlic (is good for your heart and bad news for mosquitoes, not that I reckon I'm going to be picking up much malaria in York), I think I've seen to that myself.

You see what I mean about blathering? xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chaiteafairy)
    Really? I was trying to put people OFF with that! 8D

I'm mega jittery now. And flipping out about packing, oh my.

My mother, the dear, has brought a couple of Robinson's squashes and insists I need pickled onions. As much as I may sometimes complain about her, she's determined to make sure I don't starve.

And never get kissed, but since I was the one who picked up the onions and garlic (is good for your heart and bad news for mosquitoes, not that I reckon I'm going to be picking up much malaria in York), I think I've seen to that myself.

You see what I mean about blathering? xD
    see i like that :p: :yy: better than some boring person that gives one word answers

i added you on msn if that's ok :o:

ReputationRep:
    I have friends who'll drive us in on a night out and have a great time themselves without drinking anything (except coke or whatever) - it totally depends on your mindset. Don't drink if you don't want to.

ReputationRep:
    I drink for the buzz not to get pissed. if that makes sense.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 9, 2009

University open days

1. University of York
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  2. University of York
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sun, 16 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.