Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't think it matters. If people judge you for drinking/not drinking, then they aren't really worth having in your circle of friends, imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laus)
    I don't think it matters. If people judge you for drinking/not drinking, then they aren't really worth having in your circle of friends, imo.
    Well personally i have close friends and just more like people i just know. >.< close friends don't really care too drink tbh. whereas all people i just know tend to want more :P

ReputationRep:
    I don't drink, but i'm not expecting it to effect anything socially. I don't see any reason why it should.

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell! I hope York isn't packed with people who don't drink.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LurkerintheDark)
    Don't worry. I'm pretty sure the non-drinkers are vastly outnumbered. The reason we need a thread is because we are a minority who need to search each other out amongst the majority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LurkerintheDark)
    Just because we don't drink doesn't mean you can't, we're not stopping anyone :P And for the record, I don't intend on seeking out people who don't drink to have little not drinking parties xD I'll just be going to/doing what everyone else does, except I won't be getting off my face. Everyone else can feel free.

ReputationRep:
    I'm another one who doesnt drink much...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by archly)
    Don't worry. I'm pretty sure the non-drinkers are vastly outnumbered. The reason we need a thread is because we are a minority who need to search each other out amongst the majority.
    This is pretty much it. : )

And woohoo, the monopoly games!

ReputationRep:
    ahhh, good to see others exist :love:

(Original post by Chaiteafairy)
    Aww, thank you, Dissonance. I certainly have opinions, but in my usual circles I've been reluctant to voice them too loudly. xD I do fear I might bore people/seem TOO unusual.
    ohhh i like the sound of u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotsofsnails)
    ahhh, good to see others exist :love:

ohhh i like the sound of u
    Really? I was trying to put people OFF with that! 8D

I'm mega jittery now. And flipping out about packing, oh my.

My mother, the dear, has brought a couple of Robinson's squashes and insists I need pickled onions. As much as I may sometimes complain about her, she's determined to make sure I don't starve.

And never get kissed, but since I was the one who picked up the onions and garlic (is good for your heart and bad news for mosquitoes, not that I reckon I'm going to be picking up much malaria in York), I think I've seen to that myself.

You see what I mean about blathering? xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chaiteafairy)
    Really? I was trying to put people OFF with that! 8D

I'm mega jittery now. And flipping out about packing, oh my.

My mother, the dear, has brought a couple of Robinson's squashes and insists I need pickled onions. As much as I may sometimes complain about her, she's determined to make sure I don't starve.

And never get kissed, but since I was the one who picked up the onions and garlic (is good for your heart and bad news for mosquitoes, not that I reckon I'm going to be picking up much malaria in York), I think I've seen to that myself.

You see what I mean about blathering? xD
    see i like that :p: :yy: better than some boring person that gives one word answers

i added you on msn if that's ok :o:

ReputationRep:
    I have friends who'll drive us in on a night out and have a great time themselves without drinking anything (except coke or whatever) - it totally depends on your mindset. Don't drink if you don't want to.

ReputationRep:
    I drink for the buzz not to get pissed. if that makes sense.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.