Turn on thread page Beta

how do i become equal in perception with others? watch

ReputationRep:
    i'm sorry to tell you this man, but

santa doesnt exist.

its ok.. its ok, i was hurt too

ReputationRep:
    oh will you just sod off?

Everyone, he's just a troll. This isn't the first time he's done this.

i know santa does not exist.

You're obviously unhappy. Why do you not take people's good advice? Ultimately you can only improve if you want to make the effort. You seem to shoot down any attempts to help. Do you really want to change?
    yes, i do. i want to know if i'm mentally retarded or not.

(Original post by BossManSingh)
    Living in poverty doesn't have a cost.
    but there is no such thing as something for nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i know i'm mentally retarded. the first step to solving a problem is acknowledging the root of it.

and it's not in my head, i'm mentally slow and i just want to find out if i am.

and yes, it matters to ME. why should it not? i want to be normal, and have a laugh like all other young people do. if you can provide a reasoned answer to refute me, then go ahead.
    That's my point. Knowing why you're different is not going to help you to achieve that. My parents chose not to tell me that I was different. So I knew I was unorganised - I learnt to use a diary for every minute detail. I knew that I often said things that other people didn't find funny - I learnt from my mistakes. I knew that other people sometimes found me patronising or a know-it-all - I worked on that. Knowing that the reason behind it was me being autistic wouldn't have helped me to achieve any of those things. The way you describe your problems, if they're real, it sounds like some kind of development issue. It's not the kind of thing that a magic pill can make go away. It's something that people just have to learn to live with. My point is you CAN live with it, but having a name for what makes you different won't necessarily make it easier. In fact, in my experience, it makes it harder. People who have names for their problems try to hide behind them and say oh but it's ok because I have Aspergers or whatever. No, having Aspergers explains why you feel that way, but it doesn't make it more socially acceptable or increase the likelihood that anyone will want to be your friend.

(Original post by Bekaboo)
    That's my point. Knowing why you're different is not going to help you to achieve that. My parents chose not to tell me that I was different. So I knew I was unorganised - I learnt to use a diary for every minute detail. I knew that I often said things that other people didn't find funny - I learnt from my mistakes. I knew that other people sometimes found me patronising or a know-it-all - I worked on that. Knowing that the reason behind it was me being autistic wouldn't have helped me to achieve any of those things. The way you describe your problems, if they're real, it sounds like some kind of development issue. It's not the kind of thing that a magic pill can make go away. It's something that people just have to learn to live with. My point is you CAN live with it, but having a name for what makes you different won't necessarily make it easier. In fact, in my experience, it makes it harder. People who have names for their problems try to hide behind them and say oh but it's ok because I have Aspergers or whatever. No, having Aspergers explains why you feel that way, but it doesn't make it more socially acceptable or increase the likelihood that anyone will want to be your friend.
    why is it something to live with? because the beliefs of doctors say so?:confused:

i just want help with m mental retardation. i don't want to be mentally behind any more.

(Original post by psychocustard)
    oh will you just sod off?

Everyone, he's just a troll. This isn't the first time he's done this.
    why? this is a problems forum, isn't it?

how is my problem any different to people complaining about their boyfriends?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    why? this is a problems forum, isn't it?

how is my problem any different to people complaining about their boyfriends?:confused:
    You're a troll. End of.

(Original post by anyothername)
    It is not much to do with your age OP. It is simply a lack of experiences; others your age may have had more or less of them than you. The most important lessons in life can only be learnt via experience. At 19 you have not really been through any major changes.
    Quote ''i only recently knew that nothing should be taken for granted'': this is probably because you lost something i.e. had an experience. So now you're learning. Relax and enjoy life.
    i'll enjoy life when i'm mentally equal with everybody else.

ReputationRep:
    why is it something to live with? because the beliefs of doctors say so?:confused:

i just want help with m mental retardation. i don't want to be mentally behind any more.
    :rolleyes:

Why do you bother to go anon? We all know you're Rajekmwali or however you spell your silly name. And why do you lie about your age so constantly? We all know you're 15, mr. I-punch-strangers-in-the-street.

ReputationRep:

For goodness sake, can you not just accept that it is up to you to change? Bekaboo made an extremely well thought-out, knowledgeable and helpful post, which pretty much tell you everything you need to know to help yourself. Why do you dismiss it so easily? It isn't a 'belief' of doctors; there isn't a cure for problems like this other than accepting what's happened in the past and making an effort to improve your mindset. What exactly do you think anyone else can do for you, really, other than encourage you to help yourself?

ReputationRep:
    LOL this guy made the same exact BS thread a while ago.

Yes you're mentally retarded.

Happy to help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan)
    For goodness sake, can you not just accept that it is up to you to change? Bekaboo made an extremely well thought-out, knowledgeable and helpful post, which pretty much tell you everything you need to know to help yourself. Why do you dismiss it so easily? It isn't a 'belief' of doctors; there isn't a cure for problems like this other than accepting what's happened in the past and making an effort to improve your mindset. What exactly do you think anyone else can do for you, really, other than encourage you to help yourself?
    i want to be mentally equal. why is that so bad?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    Nice anon fail. It was so obvious it was you.

(Original post by Hogo)
    LOL this guy made the same exact BS thread a while ago.

Yes you're mentally retarded.

Happy to help.
    why is it wrong to ask?

is it wrong to improve oneself? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Ffs, your perception is not different to others or whatever, simply put you're just an idiot that doesn't make sense, do you even know what 'perception' means ... GTFO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    I never said it was bad to want to be mentally equal. I think you're being needlessly dramatic. What I meant, is that despite you claiming to want to be more 'normal' mentally, you appear to dismiss any ideas for how to improve. You don't seem to want to actually make the effort. If you did, then why don't you take all the good advice you've received on here?

(Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan)
    I never said it was bad to want to be mentally equal. I think you're being needlessly dramatic. What I meant, is that despite you claiming to want to be more 'normal' mentally, you appear to dismiss any ideas for how to improve. You don't seem to want to actually make the effort. If you did, then why don't you take all the good advice you've received on here?
    i want to change by isolating the problem, and finding a solution to it.

(Original post by sarahthegemini)
    Ffs, your perception is not different to others or whatever, simply put you're just an idiot that doesn't make sense, do you even know what 'perception' means ... GTFO.
    yes it is. i want a normal perception.

(Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    :rolleyes:

Why do you bother to go anon? We all know you're Rajekmwali or however you spell your silly name. And why do you lie about your age so constantly? We all know you're 15, mr. I-punch-strangers-in-the-street.
    i'm 24.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.