The Student Room Group

i got the job... now what

i got a job at sainsburys... i got the job confirming my successful interview... it also says i have to ring them to ''confirm your start date and details of your Offer of Employment''... what happens in this phone convo... can i tell them what hours i can work or do they tell me set hours... also will they tell me when i start... because if its soonish i, i have a holiday next week :s-smilie:
Why don't you ring them and find out? :smile:

You can explain your holiday to them on the phone and I'm sure they can arrange something!
Just ring them and see what they say.
Lucky.. ¬_¬
lol, i started working at sainsburys about a month ago. When your ring them, they will say congratulation on the job offer, would you like to accept the offer? Then if you do accept it, they will give you your regular hours (didn't you discuss this at your interview?), and tell you your induction dates (2 days of induction). My induction was like 2 weeks after I got the job offer, but I worked at a different Sainsburys last christmas as a xmas temp, and the induction was literally a couple of days after the job offer, but that was at xmas so everything was rushed!! Did you tell them at the interview that you were going on holiday??
I was advised when I had my Sainsburys interview that the paticular store I had interviewed for was desperate for people and would probably do inductions as soon as possible after the job acceptance (even looking at the next day)
yeah i did tell them... i come back from my holiday on the 26th anyway... and my induction is 7/8th september.... they offered me friday evening and sunday morning... i was wondering though how long will it take for me to be able to change my hours because i really wanna carry on with the pub team i'm with ... will it take months or can i try to arrange changed hours when i first start?

Latest

Trending

Trending