Turn on thread page Beta

PICK ONE: Oily or dry skin? watch

• View Poll Results: Which extreme would you choose: OILY or DRY?
    Very Oily
    18.52%
    Very Dry
    81.48%

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Dry skin, i have very oily skin and it can be a nightmare at times

ReputationRep:
    None.
    I'm happy with normal skin, thanks.

(Original post by khalaf)
    Wow..Harsh managers :console:
    Im sometimes im pain because I want to go for a wee, but I can't. I just think - sod it, im going whether they like it or not now.

(Original post by Floofy)
    I know, its terrible. And you're always paranoid about how shiny you are. -_-
    Blotting sheets work well.
    Yea I can feel it, which is the most annoying thing. But I don't want to rub it away using my hands as they are dirty (I work on a checkout). I am going to get some blotting sheets, but the blue plastic sheets (I am led to believe Clean and Clear do them, BUT only in the US. But sellers on Ebay have them, so I am doing to order from them, when I get my next pay check).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dani_88)
    Oily!
    Dry skin is a pain in the arse! Trying to put make up on turns you into a piece of patchwork where the dry bits are and it just feels horrible.
    Plus dry skin tends to mean wrinkles..
    Oily skin is generally spottier but i'd rather be spotty and be able to cover it up than have horrible dry skin that turns me patchy on a night out.
    :ditto:!!!!!

At least with oily skin you can use blotting paper to wipe it off :dontknow:

Seriously, you really REALLY don't want very dry skin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben77mc)
    None.
    I'm happy with normal skin, thanks.
    :ta:

But that didn't answer the OP's question did it?

:stupid:

ReputationRep:
    I have dry, sensitive skin and it's very annoying, but I'm used to it now and don't think I would want oily skin. I don't wear make-up and when I'm going out, a little face cream/moisturiser is enough for me, while I always hear girls complaining about spots and looking shiny while they're piling on the powder. I think dry skin is easier for lazy people like me, so I'll stick with that thanks!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I have combination skin, though it's more dry than oily I'd say... I have the lovely oily t-zone, but for the most part the skin on my face and body is quite dry, especially on my legs. The dry skin is much less troublesome, though it's a pain sometimes when it starts flaking like mad.

ReputationRep:
    oily skin is sick

ReputationRep:
    i've got REALLY dry skin, i have to moisturise twice a day and even then my legs get scaly really easily. its not all bad, but i'm gonna get wrinkles easily

le sigh.

ReputationRep:
    very dry as I also have very oily/shiny skin I hate it and its especially worst when I wake up in the morning

ReputationRep:
    I'd have oily skin because it's cheaper to sort out than dry skin. It only needs shine control paper whereas dry skin needs moisturiser or face cream.

Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.