ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon the 7th)
    british girls are fit and easy
    Hey, your sig is clever.

ReputationRep:
    Because we're all ****s. Next!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gap)
    All of the above. Also due to the fact that most scummy teenage mummies see them as an accessorie due to the fact that their friends may have been knocked up by their 14 year old boyfriends. They also see is as a fast track to "free housing because i has a kid, innit?".
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    You could have subscribed by clicking on 'Thread Tools' at the top of the page.
    Ooh, can't say I knew about that... cheers :yy:

ReputationRep:
    But the dumbest at the same time? Why can't we have control over ourselves?
    Well you have brains or beauty apparently :rolleyes: . I think some of it is due to the same attitude as why people drink underage and smoke - it makes them appear more grown up to their peers (they think anyway) and gives them something to brag about. However, most of the time they aren't so cocky when you make them realise they only got laid because both of them were off their heads...

ReputationRep:
    Hey, your sig is clever.
    why thank you

ReputationRep:
    The current welfare state encourages it imho. They know that if they get pregnant they're pretty much going to get a flat, benifits and a load of help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CapturedSoul)
    Because attitudes to sex are so lax in Britain?
    This - and it's exacerbated by there being relatively little stigma attached to being underage and pregnant

ReputationRep:
    I wonder about this as well because I actually think the government have done a lot to stop it, more than a lot of other countries. Free health advice and contraception on the NHS, media campaigns, debating sex education in the news, I mean there are only so many ways of telling people to do the same thing (have safe sex). People blame the government for pretty much everything in this country lol.

Also, it may seem snobby but I just don't think people have the same amount of self-respect over here as in other countries. Not just with regards to sex but their body in general. When I go out, I see so many people who are stressed, obviously eat too much junk food and don't exercise so they're fat, binge drinking on a night out etc. I'm just curious as to why we're so much unhealthier and lazier in general compared to other countries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quail)
    Ooh, can't say I knew about that... cheers :yy:
    You're not alone in that. And you're welcome.

ReputationRep:
    oh yes and the child benefits are appealing to them too :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BibblyBobbly)
    Well you have brains or beauty apparently :rolleyes: . I think some of it is due to the same attitude as why people drink underage and smoke - it makes them appear more grown up to their peers (they think anyway) and gives them something to brag about. However, most of the time they aren't so cocky when you make them realise they only got laid because both of them were off their heads...
    The issue here is not the sex, as that is sort of uncontrollable with young people, but more about preventing the pregnancy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon the 7th)
    why thank you
    It shows the beauty of good punctuation. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    because our teenagers are so attractive

ReputationRep:
    Because by having a child (or multiple children) they can now use the benefits they receive to buy the latest mobile phone or some new shoes! Great success!

ReputationRep:
    The issue here is not the sex, as that is sort of uncontrollable with young people, but more about preventing the pregnancy.
    Well where do the babies come from :p:

Of course when you reach your teens you're a raging bag of hormones but not every teenager who has sex becomes a parent do they, so what's different between the ones who do and don't? I think that they are in such a rush to show they're adult that the consequences don't really register.

ReputationRep:
    The above reasons are good.

However I think the core reason is the peer pressure of having a bf/gf and acting all mature about sex and sexuality. The age of consent helps, too, because it gives off the feeling that you're somewhat supposed to have sex at 16.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    because our teenagers are so attractive
    Beat you to it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.