Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi, i am an oversease student. now i am in my country. my course is going to be started on 10th august. please tell me about the present weather of the UK. Do I have to wear jacket because of cold or it is summer time now?

ReputationRep:
    Technically summer, but yeah...pack a jacket...

ReputationRep:
    A light jacket, yeah.

It is technically summer but at the moment and for the last few weeks it's been warm-ish, like 16-17°c but with lots of rain. So get an umbrella!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riba_Info)
    hi, i am an oversease student. now i am in my country. my course is going to be started on 10th august. please tell me about the present weather of the UK. Do I have to wear jacket because of cold or it is summer time now?
    Honestly, pack summer cloths, pack winter cloths, so from flipflops to waterproof jacket/hoodie :yes:
    Its summer one day, winter next

ReputationRep:
    It's not cold but it's not hot either. A waterproof jacket is probably a good idea

ReputationRep:
    thanks alot. could you please tell me what is the price of a general jacket, raincoat and a overcoat in UK. I don't need very gorgeous. Just general clothes which are used by most of the students.

ReputationRep:
    It is cold pack a jacket.

ReputationRep:
    Bring a raincoat if your coming over here, no matter what time of year

ReputationRep:
    Surely using the internet you're using to look at the weather forecast, or watching it on TV, is more reliable then us saying 'it's been raining so it might rain and it might be cool, but it's summer so we might be due a heatwave and sun'?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.