Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

When will you get married? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The earlier the better right?
    I mean isn't it great to get a child while you're 20 and so when you're only 30 they'll already be 10 years old?

ReputationRep:
    When I find someone that makes me want to. Don't think marriage is that important though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satisfactionatlast)
    The earlier the better right?
    I mean isn't it great to get a child while you're 20 and so when you're only 30 they'll already be 10 years old?
    My eldest child is nearly 13 and I am only 36. To answer the question though, I am already married, got hitched aged 23.

Anyway, whats with all the marriage related threads that have been popping up lately??.

ReputationRep:
    Never.

ReputationRep:
    what do children have to do with marriage?

I don't plan on ever getting married, I hope that some day I have kids though. Not sooner rather than later, just when I've found someone i'd like to raise a kid with and we both feel we'd be capable parents with something to offer a child.

ReputationRep:
    When Anne Widdecombe becomes Prime Minister.

28th August 2021, 12.22pm

ReputationRep:
    25ish, not much before :nah:

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully not soon...

ReputationRep:
    When I am 30.

This way I can make the most of my youth. If you get married and have children at the age of 20 you still haven't matured enough to deal with it, plus you lose your freedom and do not have time to become your own person.

And when you hit 30 you would realise that you still have another 50 years with your partner and it has probably already gone a bit stale.

ReputationRep:
    Around 25, kids by 30.

Probably never

ReputationRep:
    Why have children young and waste your own youth raising them? Or indeed, why get married in order to have children?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisha.doshi)
    28th August 2021, 12.22pm
    omg snap!

(Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    omg snap!
    :five: :dance:

ReputationRep:
    when he proposes

ReputationRep:
    :five: :dance:
    we can be WEDDING buddies :mmm:

Spoiler:
    Show
    OP I know you're obviously trying to provoke a reaction so i'm not going to give it to you :plz2:

(Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    we can be WEDDING buddies :mmm:

Spoiler:
    Show
    OP I know you're obviously trying to provoke a reaction so i'm not going to give it to you :plz2:
    Yay! :woo: I plan yours and you plan mine? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I'd need to meet someone first! I'm 21 now, I'd ideally like to have met the person I'm going to be with by the age of 25, and be with them a couple of years before thinking about marriage. I do worry that it might never happen though! Wishful thinking doesn't seem to be getting me very far!

ReputationRep:
    Yay! :woo: I plan yours and you plan mine? :awesome:
    Sure thing sista :five:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.