Turn on thread page Beta

When will you get married? watch

ReputationRep:
    I haven't got a clue. For one, I still haven't had a boyfriend at the ripe old age of 23. But tbh, I'd love to be the sort of person who has maybe one or two long term relationships and then gets married. I'm not the 'in and out of relationships' type so I'd like to marry my first boyfriend. I wouldn't dare say that out loud to any of my friends though, they'd run a mile I think.

for those who say "what does marrige have to do with children".
    Well the BIGGEST reason people marry is to have kids.
    And so what getting married at an early age?

I totally agree with OP. And how does it "waste your youth"?
    I mean you can still have a youthful life while married.

So you guys mean that when you get married, your youthful life is over?
    Oh pu-leese! That's not true at all! My best friend who's only 24 has a 2 year old son and a lovely wife and he's enjoying his life and hanging with me and his other friends.
    I don't see why getting married at a young age is a big deal. In fact I think it's great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andiio)
    I'm not fussed about getting married, but I really wanna be a best man :awesome:
    So you can get with the bridesmaids?

ReputationRep:
    How the hell do I know? Ideally I'd want to finish university first, I need to get some money for the wedding because I want a biiiiiiig one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wallflower*)
    Why have children young and waste your own youth raising them? Or indeed, why get married in order to have children?
    Otherwise you waste your 40's and 50's raising them, when you could be spending 8 weeks of the year in Cuba or New Zealand like my parents do :p:

All my neighbours had kids at 35 and now they're in their 40's they realise they'll have their kids hanging around until they're in their late 50's early 60's. Who wants children hanging around the house when they're due to retire?

Not to mention the associated problems with infertility when people hit their 30's.

ReputationRep:
    Late 20's mebbe, if all goes to plan

ReputationRep:
    whenever it happens really

preferably on a saturday in July 2016 when i shall be 25 :p:

ReputationRep:
    not any time soon!
    im 21 and been with my bf for 2 1/2 years but no way am i ready to get married!
    far too young!

ReputationRep:
    I am married, and have no intention of having kids. I see marriage and kids as different things... you dont need one to have the other! The hubby is quite happy with this set up; and my mum...well she will just have to deal with not having grandkids from me if i can help it lol

Thank god for modern society!

And I married young i suppose at 23, but I dont feel like I sacrificed anything - I still go out and have fun with my mates, as does he. We both have our own friends and social lives, as well as mutual ones... its all good

ReputationRep:
    When I truly and utterly think I'm with The One to be honest. No sooner than that.

There's no point rushing and ending up in divorce because I think marriage should be a one time thing...it should be about love and genuinely wanting to be with someone else for the rest of your life.

ReputationRep:
    After graduating, certainly.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    IF i were to marry my current bf, i would wait until he finishes uni and that takes us up to 25 years old. if he likes he can propose anytime after that. and we can be engaged for a few years then maybe get married :dontknow:

basically i have no idea i just want a wedding and to be a bride but not realy a wife so i'll opt for a blessing ceremony rather than a wedding and just have the dress and party but not sign any legal papers :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I haven't got a clue. For one, I still haven't had a boyfriend at the ripe old age of 23. But tbh, I'd love to be the sort of person who has maybe one or two long term relationships and then gets married. I'm not the 'in and out of relationships' type so I'd like to marry my first boyfriend. I wouldn't dare say that out loud to any of my friends though, they'd run a mile I think.
    wow if someone as attractive you hasn't yet had a boyfriend there's no hope for me!

ReputationRep:
    dont wanna get married coz chances u will divorce! dnt want kids. hate 'em!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.