Turn on thread page Beta

Do you get along with your parents? watch

• View Poll Results: Do YOU get along with your parents?
    Yes
    33.33%
    No
    27.27%
    Sometimes
    39.39%

ReputationRep:
    Well? I can safely say I don't, and I can't wait until I move out

ReputationRep:
    Yup, very well with my mum, pretty good with my dad.

Not living with them helps a hell of a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Better now that I don't live with them. We actually get along great now!

ReputationRep:
    I got on very well with my Mum but used to argue a lot with my Dad. I dont live at home anymore, and that did help.

ReputationRep:
    yes.

ReputationRep:
    With my Dad we generally get along unless I've done something to piss him off and vice-versa. But my MUM on the otherhand... lets just say our relationship is icy.

ReputationRep:
    We're okay, but I think it will be better when I move out. I have much more of a relationship with my mum though. My dad and I just tolerate each other.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    I get on with my mum but my dad is such a over-protective control freak we're constantly arguing.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all. I'm not in contact with them. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yes
    I get along with both, but I'm much closer to my mum :cute:

ReputationRep:
    I get on really well with my mum and pretty good with my mum.
    But I don't live with either of them which probably helps.

ReputationRep:
    Generally, yeah. being away from them for extended periods of time greatly helps, because you tend to forget the small things that annoy you both about each other.

ReputationRep:
    THey're alright.

ReputationRep:
    Dad and i just rip the piss out of eachother if we're not ignoring eachother or arguing about whether i can have til 11pm! lol

And mum and i used to be really close, but recently with me having more of a social she feels left behind and doesn;t understand me right now, but as i keep reminding her, i was the good girl when all my mates were doing drugs and drinking on "the rock", now i'm 17 i wanna let my hair...its her own fault she had a kid and a husband by my age and never did any of this x

ReputationRep:
    I love my mum, hate my dad.

ReputationRep:
    yes, a little too well..

ReputationRep:
    Yup fine. But betwen the ages of 14-16 it was pretty hellish, and got so much better post 18. Though to be honest, looking back I am able to see it was me that made it hellish, not them, they were just trying to deal as well as they could.

This isn't saying that I can't wait to move out though. God am I looking forward to going to Uni! But that's because I feel too old to be at home now, I want to get away & be my own person. Nothing to do with my parents. I think they're fab

ReputationRep:
    noo not at all. and i swear the summer makes the arguments a lot more heated as well.

ReputationRep:
    I used to get along with my parents amazingly well. Now I get along great with my mum but my dad I can't really stand.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.