Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you get along with your parents? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do YOU get along with your parents?
    Yes
    33.33%
    No
    27.27%
    Sometimes
    39.39%

ReputationRep:
    I constantly argue with my dad, but me and my mom get on so well, it's like we're best friends

ReputationRep:
    yes, my parents are the best

perhaps the odd aregument but that happens with everyone

ReputationRep:
    We get on, but I'd far prefer to live nexxt to them rather than live with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyn_08)
    yes, a little too well..
    Incest is illegal.

ReputationRep:
    My dad yes, very much so, he's great. I can talk to him about anything, I respect him and he respects me.

My relationship with my mom is difficult. We're nothing alike, any time we spend together is forced, and we row a lot. I also find her rather cold emotionally and she's never really come across as being maternal (despite having six children). I love my mom, of course I do because she's my mom, but I find it hard to like her as a person.

ReputationRep:
    I dont live with my Dad, so I think I get on better with him cause we value our time together more.

Me and my mum are either best friends or worst enemies. We are both exactly the same and so stubborn.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, not at all. My mum and I used to be really close, until I got depression, then it started to strain on relationship. And ever since I've been with my boyfriend it's been rubbish. My dad and I have never been that close, but we get along a bit better than my mum and I do, which is sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s_h17)
    noo not at all. and i swear the summer makes the arguments a lot more heated as well.
    Same here. My parents think I'm the problem. My dad has a bad relationship with virtually all of my uncles. When I tell my mum this, she tells me to shut up. Apparently, I'm a bad influence on my sisters.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    this thread has been done a million times before. and yes i do get on with my parents most of the time

ReputationRep:
    Most of the time, yeah. They are pretty cool, let me do what I want etc.

My father says: Do what you want, just don't get AIDS ok?

ReputationRep:
    Dad yes, Mum no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redefined)
    Incest is illegal.
    :eek: :nope: :shock:

No..on so many levels
    you just had to go there...thought you were being funny.
    I knew someone was going to got there..not funny

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.