Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay, i was meant to get paid on 24th July. However due to not having a p45 and ID problems i was not paid.

However i have sorted both things out now.

First question- Will i get paid ASAP seeing as they owe me my wage?
    or will they just give me it on 24th August with my next due pay?

Second Question- I get paid by BACS (bank automated credit system) I know it takes 3 days for a payment to clear, (entered into the system on the first day, processed on the second day, and cleared on the third) but can I see when money has been paid into my bank account before it has cleared?
    Say during entering and processing days? Wouldit show up on my online banking? I am an abbey customer if this helps

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little_yellow_fish)
    Okay, i was meant to get paid on 24th July. However due to not having a p45 and ID problems i was not paid.

However i have sorted both things out now.

First question- Will i get paid ASAP seeing as they owe me my wage?
    or will they just give me it on 24th August with my next due pay?

Second Question- I get paid by BACS (bank automated credit system) I know it takes 3 days for a payment to clear, (entered into the system on the first day, processed on the second day, and cleared on the third) but can I see when money has been paid into my bank account before it has cleared?
    Say during entering and processing days? Wouldit show up on my online banking? I am an abbey customer if this helps

Thanks
    Ask your payroll department. Some will pay it you ASAP, some will be tossers and make you wait.
    You see it in your account on the day that it clears, normally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Ask your payroll department. Some will pay it you ASAP, some will be tossers and make you wait.
    You see it in your account on the day that it clears, normally.
    Thanks for the reply. I work in retail so i dont know the payroll department. I think it is the head office who sort out payments however i am not allowed to ring them apparently lol. My manger is totally useless too, saying " I dont know when you'll get paid i cant guarentee a date. It sucks really cos im going on holiday next weekend so really do need this wage :O

ReputationRep:
    HR and payroll are *****, always and without exception. You need to get on the phone and make demands reminding them that they are in violation of your contract (assuming you have a contract). It is the only way with these people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdwardCurrent)
    HR and payroll are *****, always and without exception. You need to get on the phone and make demands reminding them that they are in violation of your contract (assuming you have a contract). It is the only way with these people.
    Yeah i do have a contract. I mean everyone else has got paid except me. I don t have either numbers and my manager said she cannot supply me with them. She cant even be bothered. All she said was she'd ring me if she heard anything and that if i havent been paid by friday she'll talk to the area manager. Which is rubbish really seeing as that would be at the weekend , and i dont HR and payroll work on those days :|

ReputationRep:
    Agree with EdwardCurrent, payroll departments in my experience couldn't run a bath let alone a payroll operation.

I think it is very off that your manager is refusing to supply you with payrolls phone number and yet not do very much about it. Could try speaking to union if you are a member.

ReputationRep:
    I suggest you look on the internet for the company you work for and get the number for head office.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers guys! I spoke to head office and then payroll and then they paid me today!
    You guys are awesome

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.