Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Honestly = the dress is vile!

IMO find something else, but if you are happy wearing it, then carry on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katieclick)
    what do you mean by see through? it's pink fabric, not my skin just in case there's any confusion lol
    Ah, is it? Well, I can't say I could really tell. Sorry :o:

ReputationRep:
    well the general opinion seems to be a no
    i hate to admit it but i think i agree with what most people are saying (apart from the people who don't like the pattern, i love it lol)
    does anyone have any suggestions for what i could wear?
    and thanks for all the replies

ReputationRep:
    Just anything more classic would be my recommendation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wallflower*)
    I actually really like it, both the pattern and the shape! I think it's got a vintage look to it, I can see what others are saying about the shape, but it looks to me like it's supposed to be kind of blousy and not too fitted.
    Can I ask where you got it from?
    i got it in the asos sale but that was a while ago so i don't think it will still be there
    but thanks

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but I think that both the shape and the pattern are appalling.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it does anything for you, sorry... You don't really fill it out, it's a bit like a sack, and I'm not sure about the pattern either... Why don't you look at dresses that are a bit more fitted, they'll show of your figure...

ReputationRep:
    I would say its a little dark and drab for your own engagement party, think you may just fade into the background at your own party, which is not good.

Maybe something a little brighter? and classic, like others have said, that you wont look back on in future and think "it was the fashion at the time"

Hope you find something

ReputationRep:
    I like the dress, but it makes you look really shapeless. Its far too big, As your quite slim, why not get something more fitted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    It looks like you've taken a photo of your back.
    That's exactly what I thought!

ReputationRep:
    Hideous.

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing good about that dress

ReputationRep:
    i think i've found a suitable dress! i can't decide on which colour though, what do people think?

Ahhh those are abit better.

ReputationRep:
    Much nicer! I prefer the second one.

ReputationRep:
    I like the first one better but only if you have red or reddish hair :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends upon your colouring, but I prefer the bluey one

ReputationRep:
    I like the second one best, the colour is lovely.

ReputationRep:
    I think when you actually tried that latest dress on it would have exactly the same problems the original one did....there's really not that much difference between them. Why are you so into that 1950s cinched in waist hourglass shape? I think it's for slightly older women really, and is best left to those with big boobs/tiny waist/big bum, or people with problem figures they want to hide a bit. But if you're set on it I like the blue much more.

ReputationRep:
    Oh but I want to see the original dress...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.