Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As some of you may have noticed, the DSU shop has gone and closed down, seemingly forever and ever and ever. I for one am very very upset about this, where am I going to get a Pick'N'Mix now!?!?! And lab books, I'm struggling to find anywhere to get one cheap online.

Anyway, I started this thread so we can all reminice about the amazing times we've had in that shop, like the time I... erm... bought something.

Also, does anybody have any more information on why its closed and whether there's going to be a replacement?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe the new Tesco will have pix'n'mix?

ReputationRep:
    I hope so! if not I'm going to have to buy loads of bags of sweets and make my own. Neville's Cross Pick'n'Mix!

ReputationRep:
    Good point about lab books, I hadn't thought about that. That's actually kinda important...

ReputationRep:
    http://www.castusofficesupplies.co.u...ce-book-a67966

They seem pretty good replacements, not sure if there are cheaper out there though.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they'll let us use double sided lined books, since nobody draws graphs nowadays anyway

ReputationRep:
    i can't believe we no longer have a shop
    where will i get my sesame snaps from now??

ReputationRep:
    So does this mean there's nowhere to get reduced priced newspapers now? and uni branded stationary?

ReputationRep:
    Wait, since when was the shop closing down? Are you sure this isn't just a summer thing?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dsu.org.uk/

It says so on the DSU site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frederizia)
    http://www.dsu.org.uk/

It says so on the DSU site.
    I'm still hoping that's a misprint and meant to say 'over the past year' :P I'm asking my DSU contacts as we speak...

ReputationRep:
    My DSU contacts say it's permanent, but I'm willing to compare notes

ReputationRep:
    My DSU contacts also say the same. Shame.

ReputationRep:
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Why? :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    There's pick n mix in real Sammys, sorta near waterstones, just up from the entrance to vennells

ReputationRep:
    WHAT
    NO.
    NO.
    NO.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

They had the most obscure variety of Asian cusine I've ever seen, and I will miss that.

ReputationRep:
    It has indeed closed forever. The Howlands one will remain open, but run by the university, not the DSU =) Also, the Asian noodles are AMAZING [and cheap @ 40p]!

ReputationRep:
    wrt the newspapers some have vouchers you can get to get discounted prices anywhere. I'm not sure who does and doesn't, but it's worth a look.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I have any DSU contacts... :emo:

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.