Turn on thread page Beta

Girls:Experiences of being chatted up on the street... watch

ReputationRep:
    tell me your best and worst experiences please, and how the person was like to you-looks, personality
    ok you dont have to write out everything just what you want :p:

ReputationRep:
    somebody reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    somebody reply
    ok...

I chatted up your mum yesterday. She said it was the best experience of her life :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    I was chatted up in a library in my lunch break recently. And I told him to go away, he kept persisting...it was horrible. Then he stalked me and followed me to where I worked but luckily didn't go in. It was not flattering at all..and I continued to see him every now and then in the next couple of weeks where he tried his luck with me again.

ReputationRep:
    where do i start.

best experience was being handed a rose by a good looking guy who knew a group of guys i used to hang out with and was a secret admirer.

worst experiences include being side stepped by pushy guys in the street, 'i'd **** your brains out' and comments like that. lol. guys should not approach women in the street.

ReputationRep:
    Bet this thread will be full of bad stuff. Most guys suck at this.

ReputationRep:
    OP, can guys share stories too?

ReputationRep:
    A guy started talking to me when I was using a cash point the other day, I don't know whether he was trying to chat me up or mug me, but either way it was pretty unpleasant.

ReputationRep:
    I got stalked on a train.
    It began with some chav bloke who thought he was cool asking me my name at the station. He came and sat opposite me on the train and kept waving and smiling. I tried to ignore him, but then he got up and sat next to me asking me where I was going etc, and asked if i wanted him to buy me some sexy knickers. Like wtf?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Bet this thread will be full of bad stuff. Most guys suck at this.
    Too right, this thread is just asking to be the trash can for bad street experiences.

This forum always ends up like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    ok...

I chatted up your mum yesterday. She said it was the best experience of her life :awesome:

hahahahaha...cheeky monkey....

But seriously...um....there was this one time in walkabout where I got chatted up by the most GORGEOUS australian man I almost melted on the spot from his hotness :coma: it was an epic moment...

ONE of the worst is possibly the time when this guy kept asking me all these randome questions then was all like "do you have a boyfriend" and stalked me all the way home from college until I ran into an ASDA and lost him in the vegetables section....:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    OP, can guys share stories too?
    yeah go on

I was doing some revision on the bus, when this guy sat down next to me. He then started talking to me about my work and showed me some of his artwork. Don't think he was really chatting me up, he was cool though

ReputationRep:
    I was pestered on the bus once by this guy who insisted on me giving him my number. No means no!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GdotL)
    Lol
    don't laugh silly lil girl:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treben)
    Too right, this thread is just asking to be the trash can for bad street experiences.

This forum always ends up like this.
    To be fair, I know some guys who are really good at chatting up girls on the street.

And if I have any advice it would be, A. Let her know you're not going to stick around (puts a lot let pressure). B. No compliments for stuff she didn't earn. C. Be funny, don't be a weirdo D. Make sure you look decent E. Rather than going up to gals who are on their own, go talk to ones in groups of two or three. Cause when on their own, their guard tends to be up more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    tell me your best and worst experiences please, and how the person was like to you-looks, personality
    ok you dont have to write out everything just what you want :p:
    I've just got home and was JUST about to start a thread called "ERM, I'm not a dog" because two middle aged me whistled at me today. ¬¬

One of them was in his car (Indian, tubby and eurgh), honked his horn which made me look round and then he went "nice hair baby" - BABY?! Ewwww.

The other one was kinda fit :rolleyes: Flaunting his muscles with his vest top - as I walked past, he whistled and went "sweetie" All my respect for his buff arms went down the drain then :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well the worst and most odd experience i have had of getting chatted up on the street was a little while ago when i went to india(all the experiences i've had in england are just normal)....i was standing outside of a shop with my cousin and this guy on a motorbike honked at me and then got off his bike, walked over right next to me and in an extremly pervy way said " hello" ( and imagine it in an accent.) I simply replied hello and tried to walk away and that wasn't the last i saw of him!! He followed me and my family in our car all the way to a macdonalds which wasn't that near by, and he came over to me again....in the end my older cousin had to tell him to get lost!!!!

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, I know some guys who are really good at chatting up girls on the street.

And if I have any advice it would be, A. Let her know you're not going to stick around (puts a lot let pressure). B. No compliments for stuff she didn't earn. C. Be funny, don't be a weirdo D. Make sure you look decent E. Rather than going up to gals who are on their own, go talk to ones in groups of two or three. Cause when on their own, their guard tends to be up more.

Yes, this guy knows what he's talking about..I agree with everything you said and it has a good chance of working :yes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.