Girls:Experiences of being chatted up on the street... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wellisntitfor)
    What do you mean? :confused:
    fat chicks, lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    LOL I think you'd know what college you go to. They'll never learn :p:
    i know right! and i think he said "i swear i've seen you there" about five times before he gave up on that one. fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigrrmilk)
    the worst was when i was leaving the library, and some guy up the stairs called out to me. i couldn't see who it was so figured it was someone i knew, so i waited. it wasn't.

him: hi. do you go to suffolk college?
    me: no
    him: are you sure?
    me: i don't go there.
    him: i swear i've seen you there though.
    me: maybe someone looks like me.
    him: maybe... so, what are you up to?
    me: i'm going to catch a bus, i've got a headache.
    him: can i have your number?

like, it wasn't the most creepy ever, just really, really lame. and obv didn't give him my number. not as bad a lot of the stories here though.

perhaps it was a little lame.
    but in the grand sceme of things that was actually not such a bad effort. most guys i see will either just shout out to the girl something like "OI, come here!" ..or just leer at her like a piece of meat then ask for her number.

you got off lightly lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    perhaps it was a little lame.
    but in the grand sceme of things that was actually not such a bad effort. most guys i see will either just shout out to the girl something like "OI, come here!" ..or just leer at her like a piece of meat then ask for her number.

you got off lightly lol
    haha yeah i've had the random guys shouting too, that's also lame. the one i posted was just hilariously awkward, especially since i had an awful headache and clearly wasn't interested.

ReputationRep:
    You know you've chatted a girl up well if she doesn't realise she's been chatted up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cook)
    You know you've chatted a girl up well if she doesn't realise she's been chatted up.
    LOL agreed

I chatted up a girl today lol. I was at train station platford and she was on my own and while she was telling a story to her mates kept looking at me, so I smiled she smiled back. Kept doing cheeky glances at me once we got on the train. So when we both 'coinsidently' got off at the same stop,approached her, started speaking to her with loads of eye contact, then when we got to the exit of station asked for her number and she gave it. Will text her in a few days, see how that goes.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I chatted up a girl today lol. I was at train station platform and she was with her mates nd I was on my own and while she was telling a story to her mates kept looking at me, so I smiled she smiled back. Kept doing cheeky glances at me once we got on the train. So when we both 'coinsidently' got off at the same stop,approached her, started speaking to her with loads of eye contact, then when we got to the exit of station asked for her number and she gave it. Will text her in a few days, see how that goes.

Ooops bad grammar :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ooops bad grammar :p:
    Why you gotta be anonymous? I wanna know, I gotta know your name

(Bobby V song :ninja:)

ReputationRep:
    I chatted up a girl today lol. I was at train station platform and she was on my own and while she was telling a story to her mates kept looking at me, so I smiled she smiled back. Kept doing cheeky glances at me once we got on the train. So when we both 'coincidentally' got off at the same stop,approached her, started speaking to her with loads of eye contact, then when we got to the exit of station asked for her number and she gave it. Will text her in a few days, see how that goes.
    :wtf: :rofl:

(Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    Why you gotta be anonymous? I wanna know, I gotta know your name

(Bobby V song :ninja:)
    looool why? Trust me I made sure that anonymous box was ticked :p: Another girl was asking to get chatted up at another train station today but she was with her parents. Saying that,I know someone that if you dare him to chat up a girl even if shes with her parents/family he will...

ReputationRep:
    boys and girls, when you don't know when youre being chatted up, that's when you are being chatted up

ReputationRep:
    Aside from the whistling and the "Oi girl!" stuff, there was one time in Tesco where the cash register guy struck a conversation with me. I replied and we talked while he packed my groceries. I thought this was just a normal conversation seen as I often talk to the cash register people and random people in general but when he asked me for my number I told him "no" in a relfex manner. :redface: He didn't say anything else and was extremely awkward when he asked me for my money and when we were done I didn't know to say goodbye or not so I just left.... :ninja:

Another time in HMV there was this obnoxious idiot who kept leaning into me while I was browsing the games section. :erm: I told him to leave me alone but he just kept following me around the store for the whole time I was there... very awkward.

(Original post by ~Vicky~)
    Aside from the whistling and the "Oi girl!" stuff, there was one time in Tesco where the cash register guy struck a conversation with me. I replied and we talked while he packed my groceries. I thought this was just a normal conversation seen as I often talk to the cash register people and random people in general but when he asked me for my number I told him "no" in a relfex manner. :redface: He didn't say anything else and was extremely awkward when he asked me for my money and when we were done I didn't know to say goodbye or not so I just left.... :ninja:

Another time in HMV there was this obnoxious idiot who kept leaning into me while I was browsing the games section. :erm: I told him to leave me alone but he just kept following me around the store for the whole time I was there... very awkward.

loooool I've heard many of my female friends tell me stories about followers...does make me laugh! Tbh though if I saw you in HMV I would definitely attempt to chat you up :p: , but I would be much nicer And probably take rejection with a smile and make a cheeky joke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Vicky~)
    He probably ordered a cleanup on aisle 3 after you left tbh..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.