Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls:Experiences of being chatted up on the street... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    ok...

I chatted up your mum yesterday. She said it was the best experience of her life :awesome:
    your mum sucked on me like a cube of ice

ReputationRep:
    At a cafe in France this year, some absolute Proudman had the waiter send a small glass of bubbly to a friend at my table. It was completely out of the blue and she was buzzing. Pretty slick I thought, even if he was a bit of a douche :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wallflower*)
    I don't know whether he was trying to chat me up or mug me...

There's a difference?

ReputationRep:
    I got chatted up in a Phones4U shop. I only asked for a £10 credit voucher and he kept me there talking for half an hour, asking where I was from, if I was having a nice day blah blah...
    His excuse was that the till machine wasn't working, but when he eventually moved to another, the screen wasn't even on :rolleyes:
    Then shortly after that some chav tried it on in McDonalds :laugh:
    I was on a roll that day!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    To be fair, I know some guys who are really good at chatting up girls on the street.

And if I have any advice it would be, A. Let her know you're not going to stick around (puts a lot let pressure). B. No compliments for stuff she didn't earn. C. Be funny, don't be a weirdo D. Make sure you look decent E. Rather than going up to gals who are on their own, go talk to ones in groups of two or three. Cause when on their own, their guard tends to be up more.
    hmm , if it was on her own, asking for directions then asking bout her shoes saying theyre nice is good. then stack saying my friends birthday bla lba... something funny, shell alugh and by then her guard should be down, not entirely sure since youre like the PUG

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)
    Well the worst and most odd experience i have had of getting chatted up on the street was a little while ago when i went to india(all the experiences i've had in england are just normal)....i was standing outside of a shop with my cousin and this guy on a motorbike honked at me and then got off his bike, walked over right next to me and in an extremly pervy way said " hello" ( and imagine it in an accent.) I simply replied hello and tried to walk away and that wasn't the last i saw of him!! He followed me and my family in our car all the way to a macdonalds which wasn't that near by, and he came over to me again....in the end my older cousin had to tell him to get lost!!!!
    It wasn't Sree from Big Brother, was it?

ReputationRep:
    OP, can guys share stories too?
    when u use an FTC right, say you've been talking 15 minutes, wat would you say if she **** tests you saying " i thought you were only here for x mins?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_KaKa)
    It wasn't Sree from Big Brother, was it?
    Lol..... no it was someone more creepy then him - if thats possible!!

ReputationRep:
    all been terrible and the persistant ones are the worst

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    when u use an FTC right, say you've been talking 15 minutes, wat would you say if she **** tests you saying " i thought you were only here for x mins?"
    If they are enjoying your company they won't s*** test you. But in the event that you do get ********** I've always said laugh it off.

Also if you are approaching a group, don't focus soley on your target, or the other people will drag her away. Engage everyone. If her friends approve of you, she's more likely to get in touch etc.

ReputationRep:
    I've had some guy chat me up while waiting for the lights to change at a pedestrian crossing..he was :coma: and we went for a walk together and exchanged numbers but there was just no spark :nn:

Also been chatted up at the bus stop by some completely awful guys, and I always pretend to have to get a bus

ReputationRep:
    Lol..... no it was someone more creepy then him - if thats possible!!
    Hahaha no way :eek:
    Finding someone more creepy than him is so unlucky!

ReputationRep:
    The best was by this really good looking boy on the train, twas a shame he lived in a different city.

The worst was when I was 14. Me and my friend were walking when a car with blacked out windows pulled up next to us. The guy put down his window and asked where so and so road was. He was polite at this point so we didn't mind telling him that all he had to do was keep going up and then turn right. We could not have been any clearer but he kept insisting we get in the car and show him. In the end I managed to drag some poor man to the car and say ' he'll tell you'
    Carried on walking, until he pulled up again. He asked us where the road was again and whilst we were telling him, I happened to look down and see his penis exposed with him fondling it when we shouted 'eugh' he then offered to give us a taste of his magic stick. We kept shouting that he was a dirty son of a *****, at which point he drove off.

ReputationRep:
    My favourite:

A guy fell into step with me whilst I was walking in town. He asked how I was and my name and started chatting to me. Within a minute he was *****ing about his ex and how he was still paying her phone bills (I suggested he just stop paying them and he said he'd tried). I noticed that he smelt quite strongly of booze even though it was only early afternoon. He was then going on about some situation where he'd called her phone and a bloke had picked up ... then I said politely (and honestly!) that I had a lecture to get to. It was then that he asked for my number. I'm not sure what it was about our conversation that he thought I'd find attractive, but anyway, I told him (again, honestly) that I had a boyfriend. He then stopped next to a wall, dropped his blue Big Issue bag on the ground and said, "Well, if things don't work out with your bloke, I'm here pretty much every day."

What a catch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_KaKa)
    Hahaha no way :eek:
    Finding someone more creepy than him is so unlucky!
    haha you girls make me laugh

ReputationRep:
    If they are enjoying your company they won't s*** test you. But in the event that you do get ********** I've always said laugh it off.

Also if you are approaching a group, don't focus soley on your target, or the other people will drag her away. Engage everyone. If her friends approve of you, she's more likely to get in touch etc.
    so in day game, you shouldn't isolate target if they're in groups, i should take all their numbers.
    and if day 2 happens to be at a party, then you should isolate?

ReputationRep:
    Well the worst and most odd experience i have had of getting chatted up on the street was a little while ago when i went to india(all the experiences i've had in england are just normal)....i was standing outside of a shop with my cousin and this guy on a motorbike honked at me and then got off his bike, walked over right next to me and in an extremly pervy way said " hello" ( and imagine it in an accent.) I simply replied hello and tried to walk away and that wasn't the last i saw of him!! He followed me and my family in our car all the way to a macdonalds which wasn't that near by, and he came over to me again....in the end my older cousin had to tell him to get lost!!!!
    Could have been worse, you could have been kidnapped :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starsdream2)
    The best was by this really good looking boy on the train, twas a shame he lived in a different city.

The worst was when I was 14. Me and my friend were walking when a car with blacked out windows pulled up next to us. The guy put down his window and asked where so and so road was. He was polite at this point so we didn't mind telling him that all he had to do was keep going up and then turn right. We could not have been any clearer but he kept insisting we get in the car and show him. In the end I managed to drag some poor man to the car and say ' he'll tell you'
    Carried on walking, until he pulled up again. He asked us where the road was again and whilst we were telling him, I happened to look down and see his penis exposed with him fondling it when we shouted 'eugh' he then offered to give us a taste of his magic stick. We kept shouting that he was a dirty son of a *****, at which point he drove off.
    poor you, that guyounded like a pedophile

ReputationRep:
    Do girls like it when men approach them on the street? It's not really been my style for finding women. What do you guys say to them.?

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, I know some guys who are really good at chatting up girls on the street.

And if I have any advice it would be, A. Let her know you're not going to stick around (puts a lot let pressure). B. No compliments for stuff she didn't earn. C. Be funny, don't be a weirdo D. Make sure you look decent E. Rather than going up to gals who are on their own, go talk to ones in groups of two or three. Cause when on their own, their guard tends to be up more.
    Dude you're reading way too much mASF...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.