Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls:Experiences of being chatted up on the street... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    so in day game, you shouldn't isolate target if they're in groups, i should take all their numbers.
    and if day 2 happens to be at a party, then you should isolate?
    Flirt with your target. But engage all the girls. Be interesting. A little trick I use is, when you are talking, gently bring eye contact back to yourself with two fingers.

Ofc life is much easier if you bring a friend with you. Preferably two or 3 girls. (not one, because then it may look like shes your girlfriend rather than girl-friend)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    when u use an FTC right, say you've been talking 15 minutes, wat would you say if she **** tests you saying " i thought you were only here for x mins?"
    I wish people would quit using that terminology. What is an FTC?

Common sense would tell you that if a girl says that to you, you say something like "Gosh yeah, we were having an interesting conversation here and you totally made me lose track of the time. I really need to be getting off but it was nice meeting you. It'd be great to see you again, here's my number if you fancy meeting up sometime soon".

Of course, no girl is going to ask you that anyway...

ReputationRep:
    I had the weirdest experience when I was out walking my dog once.

This guy on a bicycle suddenly appeared beside me from nowhere. At first I thought he was just passing as I had my earphones in and music on high volume. It wasn't till I saw him looking right at me that I realised he was talking to me.

This is a jist of how the convo went:

Him: what are you up to?
    Me: I'm taking my dog for a walk
    Him: Do you have a boyfriend?
    Me: Not at the moment
    Him: Do you want one?
    Me: Hmm, I'm not sure. Depends who it is really
    Him: What do you think of me?
    Me: I don't know you
    Him: Would you go out with me?
    Me: Probably not
    Him: Do you fancy a shag?
    Me: No thanks

Then he just rode off really fast into the distance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xerophelistica)
    Dude you're reading way too much mASF...
    Why too much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starsdream2)
    The best was by this really good looking boy on the train, twas a shame he lived in a different city.

The worst was when I was 14. Me and my friend were walking when a car with blacked out windows pulled up next to us. The guy put down his window and asked where so and so road was. He was polite at this point so we didn't mind telling him that all he had to do was keep going up and then turn right. We could not have been any clearer but he kept insisting we get in the car and show him. In the end I managed to drag some poor man to the car and say ' he'll tell you'
    Carried on walking, until he pulled up again. He asked us where the road was again and whilst we were telling him, I happened to look down and see his penis exposed with him fondling it when we shouted 'eugh' he then offered to give us a taste of his magic stick. We kept shouting that he was a dirty son of a *****, at which point he drove off.
    That sounds terrible. It remind of a time where I was at a bus stop and the guy must have been like 40 and he kept asking me where I live and kept telling me to get in the car. It was late at night and there was no one at the bus stop so I was so nervous. Luckily he just gave up and drove away.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I love threads like these!

The last time I was chatted up in the street literally, was on my way back to work from lunch about March time this year. Couple months after moving to Adelaide - very awesome city I might add.

Anyway an absolute gem of a guy smiled at me randomly, so I smiled back so as to be friendly and he came up to me! It was great, he basically commented on what nice clothes I was wearing (it was for work!), and my appearance - I look exotic and get asked a lot where I'm from - in a good way and it was well, very cute...

Except I have a bf :o:

So I had to end it there! Ah well. He was a stunning guy himself, which made it all the more flattering, ie. tall, dark, handsome, the European look with style to match.

Pity these things happen when you're paired up! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    My favourite:

A guy fell into step with me whilst I was walking in town. He asked how I was and my name and started chatting to me. Within a minute he was *****ing about his ex and how he was still paying her phone bills (I suggested he just stop paying them and he said he'd tried). I noticed that he smelt quite strongly of booze even though it was only early afternoon. He was then going on about some situation where he'd called her phone and a bloke had picked up ... then I said politely (and honestly!) that I had a lecture to get to. It was then that he asked for my number. I'm not sure what it was about our conversation that he thought I'd find attractive, but anyway, I told him (again, honestly) that I had a boyfriend. He then stopped next to a wall, dropped his blue Big Issue bag on the ground and said, "Well, if things don't work out with your bloke, I'm here pretty much every day."

What a catch.
    Hahaha. That is a good one :gthumb: Pos rep for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vilage_idoit)
    Why too much?
    A good portion of it is ********, and the rest is way too theoretical. Ultimately there is no golden bullet, and no matter how much you read on places like that, they can't prepare you for 99% of real life situations. The best advice is just to be Confident and Funny, then every time you get rejected learn from your mistakes.

edit: one million typos

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    That sounds terrible. It remind of a time where I was at a bus stop and the guy must have been like 40 and he kept asking me where I live and kept telling me to get in the car. It was late at night and there was no one at the bus stop so I was so nervous. Luckily he just gave up and drove away.
    It was really not nice.

:eek: At what happened to you, it's always so much scarier at night.

I say we invest in pepper spray :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starsdream2)
    It was really not nice.

:eek: At what happened to you, it's always so much scarier at night.

I say we invest in pepper spray :yes:
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    A good portion of it is ********, and the rest is way too theoretical. Ultimately there is no golden bullet, and no matter how much you read on places like that, they can't prepare you for 99% of real life situation. The best advise is just to be Confident and Funny, then every time you get rejected learn from your mistakes.
    Not sure what exactly stream mASF is but I practise natural, I prefer it as it's being me and I can adapt. Preparing for situations is dumb, the key is always adaptability.

My favourite was I got on a train once with suitcases coz I was moving stuff back from uni and she said 'you going anywhere nice' and I replied 'yeah back to London lol', and then we spoke for a while and just before she got off she asked for my number woo . Yesterday funnily enough a girl was with a little sister, crossed the road walked past me smiled and said hi, then crossed the road and kept walking the way she was going. Next time I see her on her own shes mine

When I was 14 I was walking into town over this really long bridge with a cycle path along the pavement. This man came up alongside me on his bike and it really started creeping me out. He asked me for my number and I said "No, I'm only 14" (he was in his thirties :O ) but he still stayed alongside me and there was no where to go as I was on a bridge! He said "you're only 14? You've got pretty little boobies" which creeped me out even more. Pervert alert! I told him to go away and thankfully he did. But walking past the park a bit later on I saw him again on the other side and had to duck behind a car

ReputationRep:
    Worst experience I had was the other night, walking home from a club with a couple of friends and there was a group of really lairy, obviously wasted guys accross the street and one of them yelled 'I wanna suck your c**t' At us. Not really sure what he was expecting me to say, 'Ooh, do you? Fab, I'll just whip my knickers off then shall I and you can get going'. I don't think so. So vile, he actually made me feel sick.

ReputationRep:
    A good portion of it is ********, and the rest is way too theoretical. Ultimately there is no golden bullet, and no matter how much you read on places like that, they can't prepare you for 99% of real life situations. The best advice is just to be Confident and Funny, then every time you get rejected learn from your mistakes.

edit: one million typos
    Lol, I know that. But hey. I've had those rejections. I'm getting pretty alright at it. And any idiot who thinks they can use prepared lines is a fool. I say just be a funny, confident, flirty version of yourself. If she still doesn't like you then she obviously isn't your type.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinker_bell4)
    I had the weirdest experience when I was out walking my dog once.

This guy on a bicycle suddenly appeared beside me from nowhere. At first I thought he was just passing as I had my earphones in and music on high volume. It wasn't till I saw him looking right at me that I realised he was talking to me.

This is a jist of how the convo went:

Him: what are you up to?
    Me: I'm taking my dog for a walk
    Him: Do you have a boyfriend?
    Me: Not at the moment
    Him: Do you want one?
    Me: Hmm, I'm not sure. Depends who it is really
    Him: What do you think of me?
    Me: I don't know you
    Him: Would you go out with me?
    Me: Probably not
    Him: Do you fancy a shag?
    Me: No thanks

Then he just rode off really fast into the distance.
    At least he got to the point eh?

ReputationRep:
    Well, two nights ago, I was walking home by myself... it was a little past midnight and I passed by this 30 something drunk. He asked me how I was, and told me he liked my dress. Smooth, right? Anyway, I kept on walking and realised he was following me, at which point I started freaking out since I couldn't really walk too fast because of my heels. I had to take a massive detour to lose him.

The ones on the street are usually like that... I can't remember the last time a nice, young guy approached me. It's always old men. :sadnod:

But the worst has to be the penis-in-my-face experience on a bus one night. I was sitting on the bus, staring out the window. Bus stops, guy gets on and stands right next to me. I looked up and he looked down at me with this sort of look: :teeth:. I felt beyond uncomfortable but just sat there (idiot) and glanced away... and at one point I turned my head and VOILA! His **** is right in my face. Uggh. Needless to say, I jumped off that seat as fast as humanly possible and got off the bus at the first stop.

Not really a "chatted up" experience since the weirdo didn't say anything, but it's close enough.

ReputationRep:
    I've never been chatted up on the street. :nopity:

Not that i'd want to be :|

ReputationRep:
    Worst time was when a guy stopped me and said "I've got something to put between them" ....what was he expecting me to say? 'Oh have you? please show me'? Idiot.

Best time was when I was shopping in Bath, and this bloke had a guitar and asked me my name, and he serenaded me with some songs he slipped my name into, that was cute.

ReputationRep:
    I only really have two experiences of being chatted up and both were dire Anyway...

The first time was about two years ago but it was funny. I was on my way to college and had my mp3 player in. A lad walked past me from the opposite way and said something but I didn't hear him so I took my earpieces out and the convo went...
    "Sorry?"
    "I said you're fit"
    "Oh right. Er, thanks?"
    "Do you have a boyfriend?"
    "No"
    "Do you want one?"
    "Er, I'm not sure"
    "Can I have your number?"
    And don't ask me why, I think I was flattered cos it was the first time someone had chatted me up so I gave him my number. On the way back from college I saw him again and he walked me to my bus stop but then he started getting weird. He gave me a hug which was a bit too fast for my liking. Then he held onto me and said "can I have a kiss?" To which I replied "Er no thanks I'm alright". He left and I ignored his calls. Then, about 3 weeks after, I bumped into him and he asked why I never answered his calls. I said I'd lost my phone and he gave me this weird look and just left. Then I realised my phone was sticking really obviously out of my pocket lol.

The second time I was stood outside work when a lad looked at me and asked if he could sit next to me. I said he could and he told me I was fit and he was surprised I didn't have a boyfriend. Anyway, now he knew where I worked he started coming every week after I finished work to walk me to the pub where I met my dad and each week he got weirder and weirder. He didn't have a job and wasn't studying and he talked like a gangster telling me that these gangs were after him and he didn't want to tell the police cos they were all 'pigs innit' and said he didn't mind cos he had loads of weapons at home and he was 'gonna pop a cap in their ass'. He looked like a pothead and started making fun of the fact I'm well spoken in that I don't swear and it's obvious I'm a bit quiet. I quit my job and told him not to come ever again lol.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.