Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls:Experiences of being chatted up on the street... Watch

ReputationRep:
    ITT: girls swap stories about creepy lecherous guys chatting them up, and creepy lecherous guys swap tips about chatting up girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Lol, I know that. But hey. I've had those rejections. I'm getting pretty alright at it. And any idiot who thinks they can use prepared lines is a fool. I say just be a funny, confident, flirty version of yourself. If she still doesn't like you then she obviously isn't your type.
    what about slightly altered openers but the rest is just you yourself (for me it would be cheeky funny)

ReputationRep:
    i was walking along a quiet road luckily int he day time when i was 16 and some random guy came up to me on a bike and was askin my name, have i got a bf etc, he wasnt really my type and was really intimidating! i was thinking of places i could run to if i had to. but luckily he went when i told him i had a bf and that i was 15...

tho not chatting up, i often get wolf whistles from old / fat / ugly / middle aged guys :/ not good! or people beep their car horns at me. i wouldnt mind if they were around my age but theyre almost always old!

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I know that. But hey. I've had those rejections. I'm getting pretty alright at it. And any idiot who thinks they can use prepared lines is a fool. I say just be a funny, confident, flirty version of yourself. If she still doesn't like you then she obviously isn't your type.
    Are you like TSR's resident love guru? :p:

ReputationRep:
    One of the worst was probably yesterday, actually. Some really quite crazy looking rasta guy comes and crouches down next to me when I'm lying on the beach WITH MY FAMILY. He then starts talking and the only words I could actually understand were 'niceee girl' over and over again. He couldn't take a hint and just wouldn't go away... The really persistant ones are always the worst.

The best was probably this gorgeous Danish guy who started talking to me when I was walking on a beach at like 3am in Spain. So, so lovely.

Hhmm, what is it with beaches?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tropical-twist3)
    Worst time was when a guy stopped me and said "I've got something to put between them" ....what was he expecting me to say? 'Oh have you? please show me'? Idiot.

Best time was when I was shopping in Bath, and this bloke had a guitar and asked me my name, and he serenaded me with some songs he slipped my name into, that was cute.
    If he was ugly it would be weird though, wouldn't it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starsdream2)
    Are you like TSR's resident love guru? :p:
    God no. If you want stuff to do with love do not ask me.

I am however the male version of cosmo. Cosmo tells girls how to get guys, by choosing the right make up etc.

I tell guys how to approach girls in a non creepy decent way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizzletastic)
    At least he got to the point eh?
    I guess so. But what did he expect me to do if I'd have said yes; dump my dog in the street, get on his bike and ride off into the sunset with him. And the fact that he asked me what I was doing when it was plainly obvious... :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sienna_223)
    I got stalked on a train.
    It began with some chav bloke who thought he was cool asking me my name at the station. He came and sat opposite me on the train and kept waving and smiling. I tried to ignore him, but then he got up and sat next to me asking me where I was going etc, and asked if i wanted him to buy me some sexy knickers. Like wtf?
    I laughed hard.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    everybody KNOWS when someone asks for your number and theyre a creep you give them the Flirt Divert number
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    God no. If you want stuff to do with love do not ask me.

I am however the male version of cosmo. Cosmo tells girls how to get guys, by choosing the right make up etc.

I tell guys how to approach girls in a non creepy decent way.
    cosmo, wasn't he the winner of the first season of the pick up artist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    cosmo, wasn't he the winner of the first season of the pick up artist
    No! Cosmopolitan!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)
    everybody KNOWS when someone asks for your number and theyre a creep you give them the Flirt Divert number
    I've never heard of this before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    My favourite:

A guy fell into step with me whilst I was walking in town. He asked how I was and my name and started chatting to me.
    I did that once. It was on my birthday, this year actually. I saw the prettiest girl I had ever seen. Think of Avril Lavigne, just taller, with much more beautiful face and a bit of a goth look. (resembling this girl; I don't know who it is)

I was pretty nervous and really had no clue of what to do. I thought things through quickly and chose to talk to her. If I had not, I'd have regretted it for a long, long time. I fell into step with her while she was walking out of the 'mall' towards the 'bus station' and said something around the lines of: "Hi." to which she responded rather politely/nicely, from what I remember. I said: "No, you don't know me, I just think you look lovely and it being my birthday and all, I thought I might as well talk to you." She stopped walking and we talked casually for a minute or two. She told me she had tuition and would be back in about two hours and we could see each other then if I'd still be around.

I didn't know what to do then. A (girl) friend suggested I get her flowers or chocolate. I thought it sounded pretty cheesy, but then again, I couldn't think of anything better - so I got her a bar of P.S. O.o
    Her mother came to fetch her and that was the last I saw of her. Actually no, this one time after school I saw her but she had to go home early. I think I freaked her out totally the first time.

Yes, I suck, thank you.

EDIT:

Cr*p. It's a thread about the experiences of girls.

ReputationRep:
    No! Cosmopolitan!
    LOL, they had the same name

ReputationRep:
    you girls are harsh, i was thinking of asking this girl for her number at the bus stop, but reading, this had me me think, God no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)
    When I was with my aunt she gave him the wrong number, he rang it infront of her and when he realised it was fake, he turned nasty.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    I've never heard of this before?
    Flirt Divert

ring it :yep: its a normal number but it's the one radio1 uses and they read out all the messages left by people wanting to ask you/others out! its so LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    you girls are harsh, i was thinking of asking this girl for her number at the bus stop, but reading, this had me me think, God no
    talk to her, and be funny/flirty , dont be too friendly, dont be afraid to joke about. then there'll be a time where you'll feel its perfect to get the number

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    Those guys all have something in common. Can't you see.

They are all being too assertive, in fact creepy.

If you want to know how to do it right, pm me.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.