Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls:Experiences of being chatted up on the street... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    I was pestered on the bus once by this guy who insisted on me giving him my number. No means no!
    So you claim...but the answer might have changed in the 5 seconds from the last time we asked :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand all this "omg this guy was stalking me". Is it that hard for you to tell someone to **** off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    Those guys all have something in common. Can't you see.

They are all being too assertive, in fact creepy.

If you want to know how to do it right, pm me.
    im quiet attractive, and usually, (this might sound like i brang) but girls come to me more than i go to them,also im kinda shy, plus she is like 21, whilst i just turned 18, but the thing is i think she likes me and everything, its confusing.

by the way, girls if you smile, or stare or make eye contact at a guy what does it mean, also we usually meet at the bus stop, and also if im late she looks behind her to see who who it is, but if im already there she doesnt do this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francescarella)
    Flirt Divert

ring it :yep: its a normal number but it's the one radio1 uses and they read out all the messages left by people wanting to ask you/others out! its so LOL.
    Thank you. I'm sure it'll come in handy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelancastrian)
    So you claim...but the answer might have changed in the 5 seconds from the last time we asked :ninja:
    One can live in hope :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    im quiet attractive, and usually, (this might sound like i brang) but girls come to me more than i go to them,also im kinda shy, plus she is like 21, whilst i just turned 18, but the thing is i think she likes me and everything, its confusing.

by the way, girls if you smile, or stare or make eye contact at a guy what does it mean, also we usually meet at the bus stop, and also if im late she looks behind her to see who who it is, but if im already there she doesnt do this
    Do you really need a girl, or even a boy, to answer this question for you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vilage_idoit)
    Do you really need a girl, or even a boy, to answer this question for you?
    anyone, i suppose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sincerity?)
    I did that once. It was on my birthday, this year actually. I saw the prettiest girl I had ever seen. Think of Avril Lavigne, just taller, with much more beautiful face and a bit of a goth look. (resembling this girl; I don't know who it is)

I was pretty nervous and really had no clue of what to do. I thought things through quickly and chose to talk to her. If I had not, I'd have regretted it for a long, long time. I fell into step with her while she was walking out of the 'mall' towards the 'bus station' and said something around the lines of: "Hi." to which she responded rather politely/nicely, from what I remember. I said: "No, you don't know me, I just think you look lovely and it being my birthday and all, I thought I might as well talk to you." She stopped walking and we talked casually for a minute or two. She told me she had tuition and would be back in about two hours and we could see each other then if I'd still be around.

I didn't know what to do then. A (girl) friend suggested I get her flowers or chocolate. I thought it sounded pretty cheesy, but then again, I couldn't think of anything better - so I got her a bar of P.S. O.o
    Her mother came to fetch her and that was the last I saw of her. Actually no, this one time after school I saw her but she had to go home early. I think I freaked her out totally the first time.

Yes, I suck, thank you.

EDIT:

Cr*p. It's a thread about the experiences of girls.
    at least you had the bottle to do it mate - good work :yes: plus, that girl in the pic link, she's stunning.

this thread's ace. i never realised how many paedos are surfing these streets, asking girls to get in their cars so directly (even during the day!!). dirty buggers

ReputationRep:
    Was walking around the shopping centre, a horrible looking guy and his friends come up to me and ask for my number, I say no I don't give it to strangers, after a while I give him my wrong number.

I go into New Look and he appears asking why I gave him the wrong number and that the number didn't exist, and why don't I just give him my real one? He started to actually get a bit angry, I was just like errr.. then his friend distracted him and he wandered off. Scary!

Best: Bumped into a male friend I used to talk to a lot, he had a really lovely looking guy next to him, after conversation I wander off a get a lovely text from the mystery guy, we dated for a while

ReputationRep:

Well when I do this to a guy it means I like them :yep:

But it's hard to say if she's just being friendly?

ReputationRep:
    anyone, i suppose
    It quite obviously means that she is looking for YOU, and that by smiling and eye contact she is showing interest in you, and you should be the dominant male that you are and talk to you.

You don't really need a pick up artist to tell you that, do you?

ReputationRep:
    Funniest experience: hey girl how you doing, sexy? GRRRROAWl (him growling like a madman)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sincerity?)
    I did that once. It was on my birthday, this year actually. I saw the prettiest girl I had ever seen. Think of Avril Lavigne, just taller, with much more beautiful face and a bit of a goth look. (resembling this girl; I don't know who it is)

I was pretty nervous and really had no clue of what to do. I thought things through quickly and chose to talk to her. If I had not, I'd have regretted it for a long, long time. I fell into step with her while she was walking out of the 'mall' towards the 'bus station' and said something around the lines of: "Hi." to which she responded rather politely/nicely, from what I remember. I said: "No, you don't know me, I just think you look lovely and it being my birthday and all, I thought I might as well talk to you." She stopped walking and we talked casually for a minute or two. She told me she had tuition and would be back in about two hours and we could see each other then if I'd still be around.

I didn't know what to do then. A (girl) friend suggested I get her flowers or chocolate. I thought it sounded pretty cheesy, but then again, I couldn't think of anything better - so I got her a bar of P.S. O.o
    Her mother came to fetch her and that was the last I saw of her. Actually no, this one time after school I saw her but she had to go home early. I think I freaked her out totally the first time.

Yes, I suck, thank you.

EDIT:

Cr*p. It's a thread about the experiences of girls.
    awww I genuinely thought this story was going to end well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vilage_idoit)
    It quite obviously means that she is looking for YOU, and that by smiling and eye contact she is showing interest in you, and you should be the dominant male that you are and talk to you.

You don't really need a pick up artist to tell you that, do you?
    just i dont like people thinking im creepy or weird

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    Well when I do this to a guy it means I like them :yep:

But it's hard to say if she's just being friendly?
    so do you think i should try my luck

ReputationRep:
    A woman came up to me once in a restaurant, she was in her 50s, she was like your "gorgeous and you don't know what i will do to you in bed":eek: becuase i was ordering food i couldn't just run out of the restaurant. My friends had gone to stand around i was looking around trying to find a way to escape and signaling my friends to come and help, one of them walked in a when he heard what she was saying he just laughed. The woman then asked me for my number i gave her the wrong number then my friend shouted that isn't your number so i had to give her the right one:mad: She was obviously drunk and i she only called once but i didn't pick up .

ReputationRep:
    One time I was standing with my friend in Mcdonalds after a gig and a group of drunk men in their thirties kept trying to chat us up.
    I turned around and said to them "I'm 11."
    They laughed at first then I repeated myself and they were a bit confused and said "no you aren't..."
    Then the Mcdonalds lady took my order .

ReputationRep:
    so do you think i should try my luck
    :yep: I say go for it.

ReputationRep:
    btw girls if this happens why cant you tell the guy youare a lesbian, i told this bunch if girls i was gay, well i kinda look like a girl that day (had my hair in a ponytail), so it was easy to believe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    To be fair, I know some guys who are really good at chatting up girls on the street.
    Yes, sorry for my skeptical and quick written post but I was in a rush to go somewhere, but I am now back.

I don't need to tell you about chatting girls up on the street because you know more than I do, but inevitably yes, I will add that the type of girl you meet on the street is one that is more likely to be "girlfriend material" and you can probably build better rapport with.

The reason I say this thread will turn into the rubbish bin for all the bad experiences girl have had is just the way the forum swings. Girls probably do get chatted up on the street, have many bad experiences, get freaked out. I don't expect much (if any!) positive stories from this thread, but forums trivialise everything it seems anyway.

It would be great the hear some though...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.