Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls:Experiences of being chatted up on the street... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InkFromMyPen)
    Hahaha. That is a good one :gthumb: Pos rep for you
    Gee, thanks! :bhangra:

A few days ago my friend was telling me that on a night out some guy had said to her, "will you **** me?" She responded, "er, no," to which he replied, "oh well, everyone hates you." Ugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelancastrian)
    So you claim...but the answer might have changed in the 5 seconds from the last time we asked :ninja:
    Haha, no chance

In response to the question, never been chatted up on the street. :bawling: Or not. I'll stick to regular meeting places with people my own age :p:

ReputationRep:
    -man walking past quite fast

"you want to go to club together"

"no?"

"ok bye"

It was so half-hearted! Also: (in a really growly voice) "I like to boom boom pow" I get the articulate ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vinay2505)
    at least you had the bottle to do it mate - good work :yes: plus, that girl in the pic link, she's stunning.

this thread's ace. i never realised how many paedos are surfing these streets, asking girls to get in their cars so directly (even during the day!!). dirty buggers
    Thanks man.

Aye, she is!

P.S: I thought that the incident with the pedophile in the car, while being disturbing, was funny. I really wouldn't have wanted to be in that girl's shoes or her place for that matter, at this time!
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    awww I genuinely thought this story was going to end well!

For some reason I've been thinking about that lately. I wanna see her again. I have this "friend" who I think is becoming a bit obsessed with her - he goes out his way to get to that particular bus-stop she usually is every Saturday. Grr. :\

ReputationRep:
    i was in a shop once and i told a girl once hey, "want to suck my penis, STD free"
    10 minutes later I thought she was a pro boxer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    tell me your best and worst experiences please, and how the person was like to you-looks, personality
    ok you dont have to write out everything just what you want :p:
    My worst experience is being surrounded by a group of guys on bikes who wouldn't let me past until I had given my number to them

Most experiences of guys trying to chat me up are bad ones lol but the best are those who make you laugh. I think generally guys should just be natural and not try and force you (bcoz you get those guys who like practically beg lol.. Not sure if it's just the area I live in )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MNaomi)
    My worst experience is being surrounded by a group of guys on bikes who wouldn't let me past until I had given my number to them

Most experiences of guys trying to chat me up are bad ones lol but the best are those who make you laugh. I think generally guys should just be natural and not try and force you (bcoz you get those guys who like practically beg lol.. Not sure if it's just the area I live in )
    you live in london
    with black guys in cars sayin "wagwan babes"
    and chavs sayin "check out da burberry"
    im black but i know what works need to put it into practice more

ReputationRep:
    I was walking to get the bus a few weeks ago and I had my headphones on, so the guy must have hollered in order for me to hear him. He was in his forties, in this silver people-carrier and he asked if there were any B&B's because his construction company was doing work in the area and he needed to sort out somewhere for them to stay. I told him I didn't know of any but his best bet would be Kilmarnock and when I made to walk away he persisted in chatting to me. Offered me a lift into the town which I declined, asked if I was a student etc., then asked if he could have my number! Now bear in mind I'm seventeen and don't even look that old (braces, long hair... lovely, i know), so I was really shocked. He ended up giving me his number, which I hastily threw away. I told my dad about it and he was livid. Creep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harleygrant)
    I was walking to get the bus a few weeks ago and I had my headphones on, so the guy must have hollered in order for me to hear him. He was in his forties, in this silver people-carrier and he asked if there were any B&B's because his construction company was doing work in the area and he needed to sort out somewhere for them to stay. I told him I didn't know of any but his best bet would be Kilmarnock and when I made to walk away he persisted in chatting to me. Offered me a lift into the town which I declined, asked if I was a student etc., then asked if he could have my number! Now bear in mind I'm seventeen and don't even look that old (braces, long hair... lovely, i know), so I was really shocked. He ended up giving me his number, which I hastily threw away. I told my dad about it and he was livid. Creep.
    LOL you know you liked that :p:

ReputationRep:
    Pfft all you have to do is walk through Swansea town centre and be female to get chatted up by creeps. One memorable journey I got chatted up 6 times in a mile by a variety of lovely chat up lines like "oi sweetheart, nice tits you got there" and "wanna share my fag?", rounded off by a 70 year old guy with long greasy white hair cornering me at a pelican crossing, looking me up and down and then inviting me back to his "pad".
    Eugh eugh eugh.

ReputationRep:
    i have noticed that unnatractive guys (or guys obviously too old) are the bravest in chatting up girls, they have no ego at all about being rejected by a girl way out of thier league.

it seems like to do well you need to be good looking and not appear too desperate, playerish in your approach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    i have noticed that unnatractive guys (or guys obviously too old) are the bravest in chatting up girls, they have no ego at all about being rejected by a girl way out of thier league.

it seems like to do well you need to be good looking and not appear too desperate, playerish in your approach.
    no its not too much looks. most people are at least average looking,
    if your dressed well, dont sound too needy or creepy and know when to eject, you'll be more succesful than not
    its not much about looks, unless you're butt ugly or your like a 10/10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treben)
    Yes, sorry for my skeptical and quick written post but I was in a rush to go somewhere, but I am now back.

I don't need to tell you about chatting girls up on the street because you know more than I do, but inevitably yes, I will add that the type of girl you meet on the street is one that is more likely to be "girlfriend material" and you can probably build better rapport with.
    Because ****s dont roam the streets do they? lol:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vilage_idoit)
    If he was ugly it would be weird though, wouldn't it.
    Nah, he certainly wasn't my type, and he was at least twice my age...but it was still sweet

ReputationRep:
    I have only had bad experiences being in my town which are filled with perverts. Like yesterday one guy came up to me and my mate. Gosh he thought he was IT. Started asking ask for directions but me and my mate just walked off haha.

Also most of the time when we are out and about. We get car horns from people ranging from 30 and 50.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indianchic_31)
    I have only had bad experiences being in my town which are filled with perverts. Like yesterday one guy came up to me and my mate. Gosh he thought he was IT. Started asking ask for directions but me and my mate just walked off haha.

Also most of the time when we are out and about. We get car horns from people ranging from 30 and 50.
    why did you walk away. surely, you're not that up your own self that you think any guy talking to you wants in on your pants.
    you have friends? :p:

ReputationRep:
    being chatted up on a crowded train once wasnt good, he was with his friend and i didnt even know he was trying to talk to me until he loudly said "I'm trying to chat up that girl but she's a ferrari and im a f***kin skoda" I felt quite sorry for him after that, I would of at least spoke to him but it was a busy train and i was embarresed as im really shy.

Then there was this other guy who asked me which way London was even tho I was sitting in the park across from Buckingham palace hmm.

Tbh I cant think of the best time hopefully that has yet to come!

ReputationRep:
    Ive done it once, **** myself inside lol.

I said hello can i speak to you for a second and she said ok, i kept a cheerfull smile on so she wouldnt thing i was gonna mug her or something (im big) then said, i dont usually do this but i saw you across the road with your friends and thought you were cute, and wondered whether you'd like to get to know eachother over some coffee sometime, then i said londons mahooosive i doubt i would see you again if i didnt speak to you and then laughed, then she laughed and i did some small talk and done, exchanged numbers.

Unlucky for me she had the worst personality ever.

Also what i said i learnt of some pickup artist guy on youtube it works! except he kisses the girl in like 5 mins, which you cant do in the uk otherwise your a rapist lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honey_89)
    Because ****s dont roam the streets do they? lol:confused:
    Ok, so you are going to meet the same girls on the street that go to nightclubs, but you aren't in the same "that girl has such a short dress, I have to go chat her up" mindset.

In daily life you're going to meet the cute girls that don't go out, or don't go to clubs as well, often slightly more introverted and a different kind of girl entirely.

Furthermore, girls do not expect to be chatted up on the street; and so from a male point of view, it can actually be easier because you can carry out a proper conversation and see someone for who they really are on a daily basis, rather than in a nightclub where what someone is truly like can become very very blurred due to the high sexual energy in the nightclub.

I couldn't quite put it into words in my last post, I think I succeeded this time. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Worst and only experiences: "ALWITE GAWJUSS" followed by some kind of generally misogynistic obscenity. I just cba with it, I don't even dress like I'm asking for it, but they just behave like douches anyway.

I'd love for someone to do it nicely for once.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.