Turn on thread page Beta

Girls:Experiences of being chatted up on the street... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vilage_idoit)
    Maybe not, you know best, I think it was a pretty nasty thing to do that. I'd be put off approaching if I had that experience. Remember it's guys who have to do the work next time and yuo should appreciate a guy who has balls to talk to a stranger girl.
    I agree it was nasty, and I very rarely get approached in such a way, but he just came across as incredibly rude, sitting on my work, his friends on the next table smirking and laughing, - and I'd just seen him do exactly the same to another girl, it was obviously some form of game, so I don't like to be made a fool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harleygrant)
    Mm you know I love overweight, balding, middle-aged Irishmen.
    next time you order your pizza, would you like some more meat with it :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deutsch_Beth)
    Pfft all you have to do is walk through Swansea town centre and be female to get chatted up by creeps. One memorable journey I got chatted up 6 times in a mile by a variety of lovely chat up lines like "oi sweetheart, nice tits you got there" and "wanna share my fag?", rounded off by a 70 year old guy with long greasy white hair cornering me at a pelican crossing, looking me up and down and then inviting me back to his "pad".
    Eugh eugh eugh.
    All class those lads are... :yes:

The worst I've come across was walking back from a lecture with a friend who dropped her folder. Builder (complete with stereo-typical hard-hat and high-vis vest picks it up) picks it up and hands it to her...

Friend: thanks so much
    Builder: no bother... i'd say that's just about worth a sneaky hand-job.

TBH I burst out laughing (though she was mortified!).

ReputationRep:
    I met a gyal in town the other day. Stuck up *****, she told me she was a model, i replied "ahh right a hand model or something?"

She wasn't best pleased, ***** ****** off after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    next time you order your pizza, would you like some more meat with it :ninja:
    I don't like pizza. (:

ReputationRep:
    there was a bloke next to be at the bus stop i wernt getting the bus just waiting for a lift and this indian man next to me startin talking to me he must of been at least mid 60's after a while he said are you going to take me home with you i was just in total shock and walked of i dont know if he was serious or not but it really freaked me out i was about 17 at the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teofilo)

The worst I've come across was walking back from a lecture with a friend who dropped her folder. Builder (complete with stereo-typical hard-hat and high-vis vest picks it up) picks it up and hands it to her...

That really made me laugh. Although i do have to say i do not think thier is a typical type builder yes a few are ****holes but i been working on a construction site and all the builders just make me laugh
    all day and there sweet try to give me advice on my problems. maybe just the diff areas we live in but just thought id deffend the decent builders out there.:o:

ReputationRep:
    I was working behind a bar last week and so I tried being funny and hawt. Some woman came up and I asked what she'd like:

"hello, hmm I need something really strong..."

*leaning on the counter, flexing my jacked-up fibras*
    "I'm here..."

I did kind of know her already though. Friend of a might-be-my-friend.

ReputationRep:
    Bit of an unbelievable story but the most memorable chat up I'd ever seen a random guy do:

I was with some friends on New Years Eve at the bus Interchange, waiting for a bus so we could get to a party... some guys end up bringing over an injured goose which had (apparantly) flown into a lamp-post, and asking us if we could call the RSPCA for them. The guys are all middle-aged, clearly had been on the booze... while we're waiting one of them starts chatting up my friend and asking all these intimate questions, she freaks out, so when he asked her for her number she said she already had a bf and grabbed my hand. Needless to say the guy didn't stick around much longer after that

ReputationRep:
    bump! some more replies...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teofilo)

AHAHHAAHAHA I'm totally going to try that...

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meenapixi)
    hahahahaha...cheeky monkey....

But seriously...um....there was this one time in walkabout where I got chatted up by the most GORGEOUS australian man I almost melted on the spot from his hotness :coma: it was an epic moment...

ONE of the worst is possibly the time when this guy kept asking me all these randome questions then was all like "do you have a boyfriend" and stalked me all the way home from college until I ran into an ASDA and lost him in the vegetables section....:ninja:
    shady stuff, but kudos for the ASDA thing

was in london this weekend, was roaming the streets of picadilly, bumped into this real cute girlie, nearly knocked her over, nice blonde with the perfect set of teeth, we chatted for like an hour, i am in the belief that alcohol is like a catalyst to te dating process

got her number and msn, great sucess

:borat:

ReputationRep:
    The other day I was going to church and a group of young girls (17/18) were walking my way. Some ugly mid-aged guy with broken teeth was walking beside me and stopped in his tracks to exlaim to one of the girls "you're beautiful! You're gorgeous... man you're beautiful!" Wow... desparate..

ReputationRep:
    I got approached by this guy ages ago saying he was looking for a girlfriend. :teeth: He was like staring as I walked past and I can only presume what shop I went itno he followed me.:p: He approached me there then was looking at all the music I was looking at. And like watching what/where I was going round the shop.:lolwut: I ran off. was rather strange :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    i'm a guy and i've only ever been chatted up by a girl once, it was in the library and at first we communicating in notes then we bean a full blown conversation, i took her number but never called and its kinda late to do so now

ReputationRep:
    When it happens in the city at uni, it's generally by creepy guys (don't flame me, I'm generalising hugely). Spoken to a few nice people like on the bus and stuff, where it's easier to make conversation.

Met a guy couple of weeks ago though at home, I was taking my little sister to the park and he showed up with his dog, chatted for ages then he asked me out, that wasn't at all creepy and seemed natural. If it happens in a normal way it doesn't freak me out, but when they stalk you around a bit and stare, it's weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    so in day game, you shouldn't isolate target if they're in groups, i should take all their numbers.
    and if day 2 happens to be at a party, then you should isolate?
    If I were you, I'd forget all the pick up artist trash.

It's good for a general outline and some things make a lot of sense (3s rule, eye contact, engaging everyone etc) but don't follow it religiously. Just be confident, funny and comfortable with yourself and the rest will come naturally. You'll get too confused and come across as too robotic if you're constantly worrying about the semantics of pick ups. A lot of girls will be able to spot the fake confidence from a mile away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misternite)

It's good for a general outline and some things make a lot of sense (3s rule, eye contact, engaging everyone etc) but don't follow it religiously. Just be confident, funny and comfortable with yourself and the rest will come naturally. You'll get too confused and come across as too robotic if you're constantly worrying about the semantics of pick ups. A lot of girls will be able to spot the fake confidence from a mile away.
    know im not gonna follow it religously, i was planning of becoming more of a natural , using my own situational openers and the like. at first, you may use the textbook stuff, but you should ocme into your own. that's what i intended to do, while being my cheeky, cocky and funny self

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misternite)

I'm trying to help him be the guy behind the PUA techniques. And fake confidence is real as long as you have the body language to go with it. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Whilst on a bus:

You smell nice, and you look smart and I've never been with an asian girl before. Can I have your number?

:erm:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.