Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi
    i have done AS level in chemistry, biology and RE
    and now the college no longer does A2 RE
    and i need three alevels to do medicine....what should i do if i cannt do three alevels
    i was thinking of doing a2, biology and chemsitry and AS maths and phyics and maybe do a2 re in my own time

please give me some advise of what i should do!!!!
    what would do if you were in my postion??
    thanksss for any advise
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Is there any way you can do the A2 at a different college/sixth form? I'd be really angry if my college did that.

ReputationRep:
    That sounds ridiculous. Maybe you could teach yourself R.E or is there a teacher who would tutor you in their frees maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Thats horrendous! Can you transfer to another college? Or long-distance learning? They shouldn't do this to you, I'm sure you can fight this

ReputationRep:
    There has to be a way around it, try asking a teacher as suggested. Or maybe look at private tutoring. Other colleges may be able to offer you a solution

ReputationRep:
    omg
    good luck anyway

(Original post by ghazalkhan)
    hi
    i have done AS level in chemistry, biology and RE
    and now the college no longer does A2 RE
    and i need three alevels to do medicine....what should i do if i cannt do three alevels
    i was thinking of doing a2, biology and chemsitry and AS maths and phyics and maybe do a2 re in my own time

please give me some advise of what i should do!!!!
    what would do if you were in my postion??
    thanksss for any advise
    :confused:
    Was the A2 RE offered before? At my school some subjects are only taught up to AS level and I have heard that some students who hadn't read the handbook properly were caught out. Perhaps you can self teach for the A2. Good luck.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.