Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    This is strictly hypothetical, but... say I just wanted to go wild and quit Uni and apply to a different one through clearing would there be anyway to get out of my house for next year or would I be stuck??
    • PS Helper

    PS Helper
    It depends on the lease, at the moment probably not and even if that isn't the case, it would be entirely at the landlord's discretion as to whether or not he would be happy for you to "surrender." He could sue you for breach of contract but that's the worst case scenario. I know you said it was a hypothetical question but if you did want to leave I would just try and find somebody to fill your space first; if your uni has an accommodation department they might even sort that out for you.

    Personally, my lease enables me to pull out of the agreement at any time, but it works both ways, so does the landlord. That way if I dropped out of university I would just pay what I owed him for how long I'd lived there, and sacrifice my deposit - I wouldn't have to pay for the rest of the year.

    Tenancy agreements vary from landlord to landlord...but make sure you know what you're signing, can't stress that enough.
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course


Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.