Turn on thread page Beta

How quickly do you make new friends? watch

ReputationRep:
    Right, well I've started a new club as many of you may know, and my first lesson was typical (you know, stick with the coach and he's going over the basics), the second was circuit training so I thought 'oh this should be okay, no need for partners' until after half hour where we paired up and did defense. Thankfully a guy asked the coach if he should pair with me and it was okay... but it's not exactly made me feel anymore friendly with anyone. I had to miss the previous session and today's session due to injury, but I'm starting to already feel the motivation to go disappearing.

Have you ever had this situation, say starting a new school or club? I'm quite a shy person around people I don't know, particularly older people (all these people in the club are 20-40 whereas I'm almost 18) so is this normal?

ReputationRep:
    Why be shy ? Just chat with other people , it's not hard. If you're not confident , then other people aren't confident to chat to you. You have to make yourself approachable and be more confident. If you're shy , you're just showing your insecure and unconfident.

It's like girls you have to be confident , if something goes wrong , move on , or fix what you made go wrong.

Just get out there , and chat , serious !

ReputationRep:
    only need a few seconds

my good looks help!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanShawcross)
    only need a few seconds

my good looks help!!
    People who don't usually have profile picture are usually ugly. But seeing as you think your so hot , upload a picture and let the girls judge you .

ReputationRep:
    casual friends, very easily. Real friends, never

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.