Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    O MY GOSH It seems to long until next september i find it hard to come to terms with reality thats its an entire year

ReputationRep:
    Maths and french at Durham :love: I want to be a maths teacher

ReputationRep:
    English & History at 3 universities
    English & American Literature at two!

Currently thinking of how to change my PS which is for English Literature :ee:

Thinking about becoming either a primary school teacher or to get onto a graduate scheme with someone in the Arcadia Group - always loved fashion and retail and starting salary of £20,000.

ReputationRep:
    Fine Art in Aberystwyth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neillya1)
    Leeds is AMAZING

I've changed my choices slightly too, not putting down Liverpool now (They say I couldn't get acommodation there because I live too close ) so Bristol is now in there for Geology

Durham looked nice too, but not my kinda thing.

Good luck with your application! Never know, I might see you next Sept/Oct :p:
    so we're both applying to bristol and leeds, little bit of a competition lol!

thanks, good luck too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollydolly1992)
    so we're both applying to bristol and leeds, little bit of a competition lol!

thanks, good luck too!

Haha if you're applying to Oxford too, I'm guessing your grades are better than mine :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Economics

ReputationRep:
    Haha if you're applying to Oxford too, I'm guessing your grades are better than mine :p:
    oh god, i'll be lucky to have an interview there! apparently they "highly recommend" physics and chemistry and i have neither so thats gonna be interesting lol

do you know anyone else who's applying to do geology? i think there's one other person in my school lol, though it's not too competitive, like law and medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollydolly1992)
    oh god, i'll be lucky to have an interview there! apparently they "highly recommend" physics and chemistry and i have neither so thats gonna be interesting lol

do you know anyone else who's applying to do geology? i think there's one other person in my school lol, though it's not too competitive, like law and medicine.
    Do you have maths? They need that :p:

And nope, I know no one else... whenever I mention it I just get "Rocks!?!? WHY!?!?!?" no one else seems to like it :o:

Apparently it's REALLY under-competitive (is that a word?:p: )
    I know Imperial went into clearing for it either last year or this (Might have been Petroleum Geoscience, I can't remember their exact course).

Lancaster Earth Sci is in clearing most years, as is Aberdeen and Southampton seem to have reduced their offer from AAA-BBB to just BBB

Do you do Geology A Level?
    My 6th form doesn't do it :sad: so I'm doing an extended project on volanology

ReputationRep:
    Do you have maths? They need that :p:

And nope, I know no one else... whenever I mention it I just get "Rocks!?!? WHY!?!?!?" no one else seems to like it :o:

Apparently it's REALLY under-competitive (is that a word?:p: )
    I know Imperial went into clearing for it either last year or this (Might have been Petroleum Geoscience, I can't remember their exact course).

Lancaster Earth Sci is in clearing most years, as is Aberdeen and Southampton seem to have reduced their offer from AAA-BBB to just BBB

Do you do Geology A Level?
    My 6th form doesn't do it :sad: so I'm doing an extended project on volanology
    yeah i do maths, predicted A* so may help me...

under-competitive.. hmm.. can't say i've heard that phrase before :p: i know what you mean though

trust me, i know what you mean people saying stuff like "rocks?!?!" one of my friends was like "so i'll see you on the discovery channel in ten years time!" or i get "isn't it just about rocks?!" no one else understands

yeah i do A level geology though it's not very popular

ReputationRep:
    Maths and Philosophy. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Events Management .... :love:

sent my application on Sep. 9th, so I hope to get an offer sooooon- can't wait!
    :love: :love: :love:

ReputationRep:
    Law! (:

ReputationRep:
    Computer science

UCAS 2010
    Oxford
    UCL
    Warrick
    Southampton
    Bath

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KrazyKro)
    Computer science [...]
    I am going for the same!

By the way, when do a university get our application? After getting the UCAS welcome letter, does it mean that a university has got my application?

I need this information ...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    i did have my heart set on surrey....BUT now i've visited Royal Holloway, i'm un sure....oh and comp sci for me BTW.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for (in order of preference):
    - Leeds (Politics & Parliamentary Studies - AAB / BBB with the access scheme
    - Manchester (Politics BAEcon) - ABB
    - Loughborough (Politics with a Minor) - 300-320 points from 3 A Levels
    - Birmingham (Political Science) - ABB
    - Leicester (Politics) - BBC

To be fair, I wouldn't mind going to Manchester at all, but Leeds also does a really great course and the offer is lower, so if I get an offer from Leeds then I will probably put that down as my firm.

ReputationRep:
    Medicine :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Computer Science

ReputationRep:
    Geography/Human geography at the best possible uni i can go to with a DDE =D.... Any ideas?

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.