2010 entry students-what are you planning on studying? Watch

Sayrah
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
I really want to do childhood practice but you have to have a HNC & a certain amount of years in a childcare postion to qualify so i will have to go to college first
I like the idea of Marine Biology aswell though.. so im not sure
yesioo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
English and Chemistry at Keele :inlove:

or

English Literature at either Leeds, Leicester, Exeter, Ediburgh or Southhampton...if my results go as planned which I doubt they will.
xrachelxo
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
Just wondering, anyone keen on Aberdeen?
I'm pretty interested in Aberdeen, it's one of four uni's that I'm considering atm. Are you going to the open day on the first of September?
bjr16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i'm looking at doing PE or sport and PE at Bedfordshire, Sheffield hallam, UEA, wolverhampton and possibly secondary education and PE at brunel
OnyxNation
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Joint honours in Maths and Economics, if i get the grades lol
WhereIsMyMind
Badges: 2
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by xrachelxo)
I'm pretty interested in Aberdeen, it's one of four uni's that I'm considering atm. Are you going to the open day on the first of September?
Yaay! Hopefully that's one person from TSR that I might end up seeing there!

I've done the 'booking' for the opening day, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to go. I'm supposed to be going with a few mates who are thinking of applying, but they're having problems with arrangements (accommodation mainly).

What you thinking of applying for btw?
toxik_apple
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've only seen ONE other Psychology person on here, plus another with a possible Management w/ Psychology, where the hell are all the Psychos??? I thought it was extremely popular.. :confused:

Anywho.... I've made a shortlist too =)

1) Glasgow ~ Psychology
2) Durham ~ Applied Psychology
3) York ~ Psychology
4) Bangor ~ Psychology
5) Aberdeen ~ Psychology

Yes :rolleyes: very boring, they're all pure psychology, except Durham but that's only because I don't think I'd get into the straight psych there...

That's where I'll do my Bsc, given the grades (of course ) and my Masters I'd do at Oxford/Harvard/Yale/MIT

That's the dream anyway :love:
WhereIsMyMind
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by toxik_apple)
I've only seen ONE other Psychology person on here, plus another with a possible Management w/ Psychology, where the hell are all the Psychos??? I thought it was extremely popular.. :confused:

Anywho.... I've made a shortlist too =)

1) Glasgow ~ Psychology
2) Durham ~ Applied Psychology
3) York ~ Psychology
4) Bangor ~ Psychology
5) Aberdeen ~ Psychology

Yes :rolleyes: very boring, they're all pure psychology, except Durham but that's only because I don't think I'd get into the straight psych there...

That's where I'll do my Bsc, given the grades (of course ) and my Masters I'd do at Oxford/Harvard/Yale/MIT

That's the dream anyway :love:
I wanted to do Psychology. But I've heard so much about it being treated as a 'weak' degree - which is a shame.

I think I might still. I'm not too sure yet. I'm not sure if I wish to go into teaching (either Eng/Hist), or journalism. But I guess I could always do Educational Psychology? :woo:

Btw, snap at Aberdeen! I think that's four people now I've seen with Aberdeen on their shortlist! :yes:

I love your dream!
Berns099
Report 9 years ago
Applying to:
Oxford (Wadham) - History and English
Durham - English and History
York - English and Politics
Edinburgh - English and History
Goldsmiths - Social and Cultural Studies

Planning to do an MFA in Screenwriting afterwards.
xrachelxo
Report 9 years ago
Yaay! Hopefully that's one person from TSR that I might end up seeing there!

I've done the 'booking' for the opening day, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to go. I'm supposed to be going with a few mates who are thinking of applying, but they're having problems with arrangements (accommodation mainly).

What you thinking of applying for btw?
Yeah, I booked a place at the Open Day, but I've not actually had any conformation as to whether they've noted the application or not, but I've sorted out accommodation for the night before, which I need as I live 4 hours away .

I was set on doing biochemistry, but I got AAAAB so if I do loads of work experience and write an amazing personal statement (unlikely lol) I might get in to do medicine!

What are you hoping to do?
WhereIsMyMind
Report 9 years ago
Yeah, I booked a place at the Open Day, but I've not actually had any conformation as to whether they've noted the application or not, but I've sorted out accommodation for the night before, which I need as I live 4 hours away .

I was set on doing biochemistry, but I got AAAAB so if I do loads of work experience and write an amazing personal statement (unlikely lol) I might get in to do medicine!

What are you hoping to do?
I haven't had confirmation or anything either. I have received a prospectus though? (which I didn't order..)

I live around ~8 hours away, so if I do go, I've got to take into account flights and accommodation - it's not going to be cheap!

I had my heart set on Medicine too, and I think I could probably get into Abdn too (AAABB - with my History waiting confirmation of whether a remark could get an A), but it's too much work; and having had a stint of volunteering in teaching, I think it's more for me.

I'm so excited LOL! I know it's rather sad (because things could go tits up this/next year) but I'm already planning things :o:
xrachelxo
Report 9 years ago
I haven't had confirmation or anything either. I have received a prospectus though? (which I didn't order..)

I live around ~8 hours away, so if I do go, I've got to take into account flights and accommodation - it's not going to be cheap!

I had my heart set on Medicine too, and I think I could probably get into Abdn too (AAABB - with my History waiting confirmation of whether a remark could get an A), but it's too much work; and having had a stint of volunteering in teaching, I think it's more for me.

I'm so excited LOL! I know it's rather sad (because things could go tits up this/next year) but I'm already planning things :o:
I'm so excited too! I was freaking out a bit at the prospect of going to uni in only a year, but now I have my results and I know I can easily get in, I just want to be there and start whatever course I do!
Hopefully I shall see you Aberdeen-ing it next year :p:
WhereIsMyMind
Report 9 years ago
I'm so excited too! I was freaking out a bit at the prospect of going to uni in only a year, but now I have my results and I know I can easily get in, I just want to be there and start whatever course I do!
Hopefully I shall see you Aberdeen-ing it next year :p:
I bet you haven't got to the stage you've already started buying things? (I got some rather groovy cushions the other day.. :eek: Sat ready in my 'Uni Box' in the loft)

I'm soooo excited!

I think the problem I'm having, is that I'm not preparing to study. I'm preparing to go and have a laugh - I think that's bad!

ABDN'ing Sounds class! See you there! :p:
Butterfly_1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Durham - Combined Social Sciences (only if i get AAA!)
Glasgow - Social and Economic History
Birmingham - History and Social Science
Queen's Belfast - History and Sociology

Maybe Bath for the BSc Social Science... depends if there are any history units.

I'm not sure what I want to do afterwards, but I'd love to be a consultant in something
Don't know what in though...
skatealexia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Want to do Veterinary Science.
Applying to:

Nottingham.
Liverpool.
Bristol.
RVC gateway.
Edinburgh/glasgow?
Fiasco
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Economics rawr!
MNaomi
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jaz_jaz)
i'm not entirely sure yet.. york/bath/exeter or something
how about you?
I'm thinking prob durham, bath, warwick.. not sure about the rest! Good luck
hazzypants
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Geography was the original plan... now I'm thinkig something a bit more sciencey... psychology or medicine...!?!?!
Ambielina
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Applying for politics, definitely.

Nottingham; Exeter; York; Durham; Warwich/Bristol/Cambridge to fill the other space (results dependent).

It's hard though because, aside from Notts, most want AAA grades that I've been looking at, and although I'm predicted that it'd be nice to have an insurance with less.
stainluss
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Im trying to narrow it down from these:

University of Newcastle - Media, Communication and Cultural Studies
Northumbria University - Advertising and Media

Brunel University - Communication and Media Studies
University of Liverpool - Communication and Business Studies
Nottingham Trent University - Media
Birmingham City University - Advertising and Business Psychology
London College Of Communication - Marketing and Advertising
Bucks New University - Advertising: Creative
University of Leeds - Communication Studies

Newcastle University 1st choice anyways
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?