Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I really want to do childhood practice but you have to have a HNC & a certain amount of years in a childcare postion to qualify so i will have to go to college first
    I like the idea of Marine Biology aswell though.. so im not sure

ReputationRep:
    English and Chemistry at Keele :inlove:

or

English Literature at either Leeds, Leicester, Exeter, Ediburgh or Southhampton...if my results go as planned which I doubt they will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    Just wondering, anyone keen on Aberdeen?
    I'm pretty interested in Aberdeen, it's one of four uni's that I'm considering atm. Are you going to the open day on the first of September?

ReputationRep:
    i'm looking at doing PE or sport and PE at Bedfordshire, Sheffield hallam, UEA, wolverhampton and possibly secondary education and PE at brunel

ReputationRep:
    Joint honours in Maths and Economics, if i get the grades lol

(Original post by xrachelxo)
    I'm pretty interested in Aberdeen, it's one of four uni's that I'm considering atm. Are you going to the open day on the first of September?
    Yaay! Hopefully that's one person from TSR that I might end up seeing there!

I've done the 'booking' for the opening day, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to go. I'm supposed to be going with a few mates who are thinking of applying, but they're having problems with arrangements (accommodation mainly).

What you thinking of applying for btw?

ReputationRep:
    I've only seen ONE other Psychology person on here, plus another with a possible Management w/ Psychology, where the hell are all the Psychos??? I thought it was extremely popular.. :confused:

Anywho.... I've made a shortlist too =)

1) Glasgow ~ Psychology
    2) Durham ~ Applied Psychology
    3) York ~ Psychology
    4) Bangor ~ Psychology
    5) Aberdeen ~ Psychology

Yes :rolleyes: very boring, they're all pure psychology, except Durham but that's only because I don't think I'd get into the straight psych there...

That's where I'll do my Bsc, given the grades (of course ) and my Masters I'd do at Oxford/Harvard/Yale/MIT

That's the dream anyway :love:

(Original post by toxik_apple)
    I've only seen ONE other Psychology person on here, plus another with a possible Management w/ Psychology, where the hell are all the Psychos??? I thought it was extremely popular.. :confused:

Anywho.... I've made a shortlist too =)

1) Glasgow ~ Psychology
    2) Durham ~ Applied Psychology
    3) York ~ Psychology
    4) Bangor ~ Psychology
    5) Aberdeen ~ Psychology

Yes :rolleyes: very boring, they're all pure psychology, except Durham but that's only because I don't think I'd get into the straight psych there...

That's where I'll do my Bsc, given the grades (of course ) and my Masters I'd do at Oxford/Harvard/Yale/MIT

That's the dream anyway :love:
    I wanted to do Psychology. But I've heard so much about it being treated as a 'weak' degree - which is a shame.

I think I might still. I'm not too sure yet. I'm not sure if I wish to go into teaching (either Eng/Hist), or journalism. But I guess I could always do Educational Psychology? :woo:

Btw, snap at Aberdeen! I think that's four people now I've seen with Aberdeen on their shortlist! :yes:

I love your dream!

ReputationRep:
    Applying to:
    Oxford (Wadham) - History and English
    Durham - English and History
    York - English and Politics
    Edinburgh - English and History
    Goldsmiths - Social and Cultural Studies

Planning to do an MFA in Screenwriting afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    Yaay! Hopefully that's one person from TSR that I might end up seeing there!

I've done the 'booking' for the opening day, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to go. I'm supposed to be going with a few mates who are thinking of applying, but they're having problems with arrangements (accommodation mainly).

What you thinking of applying for btw?
    Yeah, I booked a place at the Open Day, but I've not actually had any conformation as to whether they've noted the application or not, but I've sorted out accommodation for the night before, which I need as I live 4 hours away .

I was set on doing biochemistry, but I got AAAAB so if I do loads of work experience and write an amazing personal statement (unlikely lol) I might get in to do medicine!

What are you hoping to do?

Yeah, I booked a place at the Open Day, but I've not actually had any conformation as to whether they've noted the application or not, but I've sorted out accommodation for the night before, which I need as I live 4 hours away .

I was set on doing biochemistry, but I got AAAAB so if I do loads of work experience and write an amazing personal statement (unlikely lol) I might get in to do medicine!

What are you hoping to do?
    I haven't had confirmation or anything either. I have received a prospectus though? (which I didn't order..)

I live around ~8 hours away, so if I do go, I've got to take into account flights and accommodation - it's not going to be cheap!

I had my heart set on Medicine too, and I think I could probably get into Abdn too (AAABB - with my History waiting confirmation of whether a remark could get an A), but it's too much work; and having had a stint of volunteering in teaching, I think it's more for me.

I'm so excited LOL! I know it's rather sad (because things could go tits up this/next year) but I'm already planning things :o:

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had confirmation or anything either. I have received a prospectus though? (which I didn't order..)

I live around ~8 hours away, so if I do go, I've got to take into account flights and accommodation - it's not going to be cheap!

I had my heart set on Medicine too, and I think I could probably get into Abdn too (AAABB - with my History waiting confirmation of whether a remark could get an A), but it's too much work; and having had a stint of volunteering in teaching, I think it's more for me.

I'm so excited LOL! I know it's rather sad (because things could go tits up this/next year) but I'm already planning things :o:
    I'm so excited too! I was freaking out a bit at the prospect of going to uni in only a year, but now I have my results and I know I can easily get in, I just want to be there and start whatever course I do!
    Hopefully I shall see you Aberdeen-ing it next year :p:

I'm so excited too! I was freaking out a bit at the prospect of going to uni in only a year, but now I have my results and I know I can easily get in, I just want to be there and start whatever course I do!
    Hopefully I shall see you Aberdeen-ing it next year :p:
    I bet you haven't got to the stage you've already started buying things? (I got some rather groovy cushions the other day.. :eek: Sat ready in my 'Uni Box' in the loft)

I'm soooo excited!

I think the problem I'm having, is that I'm not preparing to study. I'm preparing to go and have a laugh - I think that's bad!

ABDN'ing Sounds class! See you there! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Durham - Combined Social Sciences (only if i get AAA!)
    Glasgow - Social and Economic History
    Birmingham - History and Social Science
    Queen's Belfast - History and Sociology

Maybe Bath for the BSc Social Science... depends if there are any history units.

I'm not sure what I want to do afterwards, but I'd love to be a consultant in something
    Don't know what in though...
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    Want to do Veterinary Science.
    Applying to:

Nottingham.
    Liverpool.
    Bristol.
    RVC gateway.
    Edinburgh/glasgow?

ReputationRep:
    Economics rawr!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaz_jaz)
    i'm not entirely sure yet.. york/bath/exeter or something
    how about you?
    I'm thinking prob durham, bath, warwick.. not sure about the rest! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Geography was the original plan... now I'm thinkig something a bit more sciencey... psychology or medicine...!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    Applying for politics, definitely.

Nottingham; Exeter; York; Durham; Warwich/Bristol/Cambridge to fill the other space (results dependent).

It's hard though because, aside from Notts, most want AAA grades that I've been looking at, and although I'm predicted that it'd be nice to have an insurance with less.

ReputationRep:
    Im trying to narrow it down from these:

University of Newcastle - Media, Communication and Cultural Studies
    Northumbria University - Advertising and Media

Brunel University - Communication and Media Studies
    University of Liverpool - Communication and Business Studies
    Nottingham Trent University - Media
    Birmingham City University - Advertising and Business Psychology
    London College Of Communication - Marketing and Advertising
    Bucks New University - Advertising: Creative
    University of Leeds - Communication Studies

Newcastle University 1st choice anyways

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.