Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i used to be a size 18 and managed to lose a few pounds, this dress in the pic is a 14 so do you think it looks alright the weight i am or need to lose a bit more before i wear it....please be nice :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I think you look lovely.

ReputationRep:
    it's a bit hard to tell from that angle but it seems ok to me

ReputationRep:
    Nah the dress looks cheap and tacky whatever your weight.

ReputationRep:
    You kind of need to see it from a distance to tell - I still think the photo was taken too close-up.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Leopard print and flowers? too much lady, too much pattern. But yes it looks like it fits you fine, although it's hard to tell because the pictures at such a weird angle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayleeLand)
    a bit harsh, but i kind of agree (in a not so extreme way)

you look great though, so well done on loosing the weight :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayleeLand)
    Um kinda this. Sorry, i actually thought you looked smaller than a size 14 but i dont like the dress that much. But i spose you wasn't asking our opinion of the dress! To anwser your question, No! you deffinately don't need to lose any weight to wear that dress. You look fine!

ReputationRep:
    Not a great angle, but I think it looks nice

ReputationRep:
    I actually think you look quite nice. Congrats on the weight loss as well!

ReputationRep:
    awww thank you for all the replies its so hard when you used to be big your constantly paranoid lol

ReputationRep:
    It looks great, definetely go for it! My advice would be to wear opaque tights with it, not because of your weight but because it shows a bit of cleavage and is also quite short, you don't want to go overboard!

ReputationRep:
    I really don't like the dress. But you look fine.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, I personally wouldn't be happy showing off a spare tyre round the middle so I personally wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

However, if you're okay with it, then it's entirely up to you.

ReputationRep:
    yeah would deffo wear tights coz i have wobbly legs lol would flats look ok or would you suggest heels. btw i'd prob wear to indie night or a gig

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil*gurly*wurly)
    yeah would deffo wear tights coz i have wobbly legs lol would flats look ok or would you suggest heels. btw i'd prob wear to indie night or a gig
    It looks fine but I think you could deffinatly get something nicer. I dont really like the dress in general, sorry.
    Id never wear anything like that to a gig either:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I was also a size 18 and am now a size 14, also lost some pounds recently.

I think you look lovely, congratulations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Hmmm, I personally wouldn't be happy showing off a spare tyre round the middle so I personally wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

yes which is why i asked the question have i lost enough weight to fit comfortably in a 14

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)

Is there any need? Really? Ignore this...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.