Turn on thread page Beta

When you were young, was getting married ever a dream of yours? watch

ReputationRep:
    No never, that would be a dream that would be a nightmare lol

ReputationRep:
    No, never.

In fact, I remember watching an episode of Friends when I was younger and Monica was saying that all girls dream about their wedding when they're little and go around with a pillowcase on their head pretending it's a veil... I thought I must be really weird because not once did I do that.

ReputationRep:
    No, I hated attention and still do. The idea of being looked at all day really scares me! I was never the girly-girl anyway when I was a kid. When I was old enough to think about getting married I had imagined eloping and getting married in a reigstry office with no-one looking at me... still my dream but my mother would never forgive me!

ReputationRep:
    No, I dreamt of being a Power Ranger. I always longed to be the Pink one, Kimberly. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to be a scientist
    So, a doctor not a Mrs. Saying that, I'm not going to say no to a hot doctor too :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    I always hear brides say "I've dreamed of this day since I was a little girl" or "I used to practise getting married, walking around with a pillowcase on my head for a veil".

I'm wondering, how many of you TSRians actually dreamed of your wedding when you were younger?

Personally, getting married was way down on the list of my dreams, I'm not even sure it was on my list.
    Why dont you want to have a family and children? Surely that's the whole point of living, to have a family of your own!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinker_bell4)
    No, I dreamt of being a Power Ranger. I always longed to be the Pink one, Kimberly. :awesome:
    nah you're too fugly sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    Weirdly, I used to dream of married life rather than an actual wedding. I hate that the spotlight is probably going to be on me when (if :sad:) I eventually get married.
    I never played the dress up bride, but would fantasise about making dinner with and for someone I loved, snuggling as we watched tv together, travelling together, going to events as Mr and Mrs, taking it in turns to do the early morning baby feed when the children came and arguing about money but loving the person so much that you make up and compromise to make things work. :love:
    Maybe I was a weird kid. :unsure:
    Exactly. This is exactly what I used to dream of. Just being married rather than marrying. Being with someone. Being like my parents I suppose. I always thought that was how it was going to be - that was what would happen...

Recently I've come to terms with that maybe not happening cos other things have seemed to be and seem to be my priority. Hmmm... Life's odd.

ReputationRep:
    No and I doubt I'll ever look forward to it, if it were ever to happen that is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    I used to dream about Pokémon and Dragonball Z
    LOVING your sig!! :woo:

And no, i never really thought about it, though if i ever do find someone i truely love and want to be with for the rest of my life then i'm sure i'd consider it.

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    When I was young, my dreams involved being Sonic the Hedgehog...
    mine involved being doctor eggman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King4eva)
    mine involved being doctor eggman
    How dare you.

It's Robotnik! It always was and it always should be!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keekee107)
    Exactly. This is exactly what I used to dream of. Just being married rather than marrying. Being with someone. Being like my parents I suppose. I always thought that was how it was going to be - that was what would happen...

Recently I've come to terms with that maybe not happening cos other things have seemed to be and seem to be my priority. Hmmm... Life's odd.
    :yes:
    I still want all that. For me, nothing has taken over as my priority. My problem is that no boys/men have ever been interested in me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EskimoJo)
    :yes:
    I still want all that. For me, nothing has taken over as my priority. My problem is that no boys/men have ever been interested in me.
    Awww... :hugs: It'll happen I'm sure .

I want the same too, deep down... just I seem to ruin everything by making other things matter more at the moment... It's a weird life

ReputationRep:
    I've always dreamed of being married and having kids and a nice house.

No

sure I do plan on getting married, but I rarely ever (almost never) thought of marriage especialy not as a "little girl".
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Nah, why bother? I had Lego to be playing with!

(Original post by Ice_Queen)
    Nah, why bother? I had Lego to be playing with!
    Lol what a clever euphemism "lego".

Spoiler:
    Show
    You taste awesome today :coma: *licks pistacho icequeen*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keekee107)

Me three really i always thought of after married life.. a perfect ideal.. a happy couple like i use to see on TV..
    once in a while i'd dream of the actual wedding

but now i'm the completely opposite wedding/marriages are not my thing at all now!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.