The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
defo, i even went through a phase where i would order wedding magazines and subsribe to websites associated with weddings. i was obsessed, so my mom sat me down and told me to get a life.
i still have the scrapbook tho
Lefty Leo
I hate the way marriage and family is bigged up as some ideal goal for women, culturally or through the media.

I yearn for the day when women are considered truly equal partners!

We are equal (except in work...:mad: )
but it's my personal goal because...I don't know...it's still a fairytale for me. I don't think I need to or have to, but I'd absolutely hate it if I never got married :sad:
I know full well I don't have to, but who's going to say no to a gorgeous dress and a massive cake and a gathering of all your friends and family and a celebration of your relationship and a honeymoon and omg :woo:
Yeah, I get a bit carried away :biggrin:
Reply 62
Not at all - when I was younger I dreamt of being a cat. No joke, I refused to answer the register with anything other than "Meow". I also insisted on lapping up milk from a bowl. I was a strange animal, sorry, person. :biggrin:
Reply 63
meee =D i still do i want a massive bollywood type wedding =D
missaphrodite
We are equal (except in work...:mad: )
but it's my personal goal because...I don't know...it's still a fairytale for me. I don't think I need to or have to, but I'd absolutely hate it if I never got married :sad:
I know full well I don't have to, but who's going to say no to a gorgeous dress and a massive cake and a gathering of all your friends and family and a celebration of your relationship and a honeymoon and omg :woo:
Yeah, I get a bit carried away :biggrin:

I would say no to those for these reasons:
a) The financial cost
b) The emotional cost of the inevitable breakup
c) The emotional cost on any children
d) All those wasted years of life
e) Lack of independence
f) Your success being measured by that of others, not yourself.
Lefty Leo
I would say no to those for these reasons:
a) The financial cost
b) The emotional cost of the inevitable breakup
c) The emotional cost on any children
d) All those wasted years of life
e) Lack of independence
f) Your success being measured by that of others, not yourself.

a) well yeah there's a cost, but it's meant to be something you only do once.
b) break up is NOT inevitable!!! in any way!!!
c) it's better to be married to the mother/father of your children though :s-smilie:
d) I'm going to be with the person I love for as many years as possible anyway, and not a minute is wasted :smile:
e) Well, if you're married, part of that is that your partner has to respect your independence and stick by your decisions.
f) Not really, your successes count too!

I don't think anyone can understand why someone would want to get married, unless they're completely in love with someone. Then, it becomes obvious :biggrin:
missaphrodite
a) well yeah there's a cost, but it's meant to be something you only do once.
b) break up is NOT inevitable!!! in any way!!!
c) it's better to be married to the mother/father of your children though :s-smilie:
d) I'm going to be with the person I love for as many years as possible anyway, and not a minute is wasted :smile:
e) Well, if you're married, part of that is that your partner has to respect your independence and stick by your decisions.
f) Not really, your successes count too!

I don't think anyone can understand why someone would want to get married, unless they're completely in love with someone. Then, it becomes obvious :biggrin:

Mm, totally get your final point.

But for the others:

a) It isn't anymore ..
b) Statistically speaking, marriages are unlikely to succeed.
c) Or to not have any kids!? :p:
d) You won't say that when it ends! :sadnod:
e) In a way, but you give up total independence and have to compromise.
f) Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.
Reply 67
lol you two..it's like you're bloody married to each other already :eek: :biggrin:
Malsy
lol you two..it's like you're bloody married to each other already :eek: :biggrin:

She wishes, the perv :rolleyes:
Yep :h:
Reply 70
It has always been part of my fuzzy and never-elaborated checklist of stuff I should get round to at some point in my life.
I'm like those little girls that always dreamed of being married, I think for a lot of girls they'd really love that stability of being looked after and having one man to give all your love to. But, I think nowadays things are changing, we don't need to marry to have kids, to leave home etc. :smile:
Nah never thought about it and now I'm not too keen on the idea either
No.
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
How on earth did you come up with that assumption?!? Just because I never spent my childhood imagining getting married doesn't mean I don't want to get married now and have children. :rolleyes:

Who put the stupid idea in your head that you have to 'spend your childhood imagining getting married' in order to consider marriage later on???? if you dont marry...then why exist at all?!?!?! cos then you cannot have children and whats the point in that.
Reply 75
No, I wanted to be a princess instead.
money-makes-friends
Who put the stupid idea in your head that you have to 'spend your childhood imagining getting married' in order to consider marriage later on???? if you dont marry...then why exist at all?!?!?! cos then you cannot have children and whats the point in that.

Obviously, everyone else in this thread knows what I'm talking about except you. You've completely misunderstood the thread. You're a lunatic.
Reply 77
Uh, no.
Reply 78
It still is.
Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.
Obviously, everyone else in this thread knows what I'm talking about except you. You've completely misunderstood the thread. You're a lunatic.

This thread is like...the title of the thread, it's like saying...'When you were young did you ever imagine that one day you would become an adult?'.

I mean...it's a very obvious question...I dont know what planet you are from.

Latest

Trending

Trending