Turn on thread page Beta

When you were young, was getting married ever a dream of yours? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    Obviously, everyone else in this thread knows what I'm talking about except you. You've completely misunderstood the thread. You're a lunatic.
    This thread is like...the title of the thread, it's like saying...'When you were young did you ever imagine that one day you would become an adult?'.

I mean...it's a very obvious question...I dont know what planet you are from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by money-makes-friends)
    This thread is like...the title of the thread, it's like saying...'When you were young did you ever imagine that one day you would become an adult?'.

I mean...it's a very obvious question...I dont know what planet you are from.
    No, it's not.

ReputationRep:
    No, it's not.
    What's not?

...girls really are stupid, this proves it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by money-makes-friends)
    What's not?

...girls really are stupid, this proves it...
    You won't provoke me into an argument. You've already shown yourself to be immature, and rather dumb to be the only person to misunderstand this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .X.alysha.X.)
    I did want to get married when I was younger but I didn't really dream about it much. I still do want to get married when I'm older and have a family
    this

ReputationRep:
    I always just assumed that one day I would get married, but I never actually planned out a wedding in my head or anything.

I don't know where I stand on marriage any more. I'd like to get married, but so many people seem to be anti-marriage these days that I'm almost scared to admit that.

ReputationRep:
    I never really thought about it or assumed I would get married, all I was interested in was playing football... And yet I was so surprised to learn I was gay :p:

ReputationRep:
    I always hear brides say "I've dreamed of this day since I was a little girl" or "I used to practise getting married, walking around with a pillowcase on my head for a veil".

I'm wondering, how many of you TSRians actually dreamed of your wedding when you were younger?

Personally, getting married was way down on the list of my dreams, I'm not even sure it was on my list.
    I'm not sure it was on my list, but when I was younger I used to think I'd get married at about 16.. Was quite funny really .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-pri-x)
    meee =D i still do i want a massive bollywood type wedding =D

:rofl:

sameee! wouldn't it just be perfect if everyone just suddenly got up and started singing and dancing...automatically knowing the lyrics and choreography. :rolleyes:

dream come true!:daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    I guess I kinda have. Being a guy I never planned out every little detail, but at quite a young age I decided I wanted to get married in a castle in autumn, and have a string quartet play. The rest the future bride can sort out :p:

ReputationRep:
    no...i had a dream i got married to a person i dont love though...and that felt really bad

ReputationRep:
    Yes I guess I did, and i still would like to now.

ReputationRep:
    There's a picture of me in nursery school wearing an improvised wedding dress and veil, but no, getting married was never a "dream".

To be honest, I never really thought about it until my other half and I started to get really serious, and now we're engaged.

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    lol you two..it's like you're bloody married to each other already :eek:
    xD
    HE wishes.
    I hope to have a much more placid marriage, thankyouverymuch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missaphrodite)
    xD
    HE wishes.
    I hope to have a much more placid marriage, thankyouverymuch.

:p:

well if your sig's anything to go by you just mmight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    :p:

well if your sig's anything to go by you just mmight
    eek!!:p: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear. I really meant it what I said earlier. I've been dreaming of getting married for the longest time - possibly when I became a teenager. Getting a great career, a great relationship with children in a really nice part of town was my dream come true and it still it. I do have dreams about it even. I'm what you would call old fashioned and I truly feel that I would be most happy like this. Some people can't stand it but not me.

Oh, did I mention, I'm actually male and 21. That makes me in the minority.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JiangYu)
    Oh dear. I really meant it what I said earlier. I've been dreaming of getting married for the longest time - possibly when I became a teenager. Getting a great career, a great relationship with children in a really nice part of town was my dream come true and it still it. I do have dreams about it even. I'm what you would call old fashioned and I truly feel that I would be most happy like this. Some people can't stand it but not me.

Oh, did I mention, I'm actually male and 21. That makes me in the minority.
    Aww, I wish that wasn't the minority!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.