Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's easy to do pictures like this, and it's easy to look like these girls.

Most of them aren't stunning beauties, they just have ok features, nice hair, good make-up and clear complexion. They're all also uber skinny, but if you look at their faces most of them aren't out of the ordinary.

They all wear leggings w/long tops or tiny shorts and heels or hi-tops, and they all have messy bedhead and big sunnies (or really girly dresses). They're not that hard to imitate.

Pictures like that are easy to take, get a friend, go to some edgy place like Portobello or just a weird looking spot or a white room with a plant or some grimy staircase and pout, then go to photoshop and saturate the colour. It's not that hard.

These girls are not particularly special, they just know how to dress/take a nice picture. And it's not that hard to imitate really. You just have to be skinny.

It's easy to dress like that too; long cardigans (btwn knee and arse), black leggings, big sunglasses, long t-shirts. Or those dresses from Camden with the tank top tops and big bottoms, or a maxi dress, and flat shoes generally. Or micro shorts and baggy tees, or even showy t-shirts if you're fit enough. Some of them are just heroin chic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xeonman9000)
    Wow, I'm in love :rolleyes:.
    with a twelve year old

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I don't know what I make of it really. I mean I love fashion and a lot of the clothes are gorgeous but its all a bit pretentious. I agree most people on there are very skinny but (sadly) thats the fashion look.

ReputationRep:
    For goodness sake, people need to stop going on about how they're all 'anorexic' on that site ...

Jealousy is not appealing!

ReputationRep:
    i presume most of them are airbrushed...or photoshopped. and they wear loadsa make up..i know of people on there. and they;re not even nice in real life so putting their pics up there does nothing to boost their personality in my opinion. granted, some of them are naturally pretty. but they all look similar..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harleygrant)
    I'm on it (click the advert in my signature), and I'm not skinny at all. It does annoy me that the most-hyped looks are never all that interesting or different.
    hey I haven't used any of my tfs invites so if you would like one pm your name and email to me :p:

ReputationRep:
    I love ripping ideas from this site.

ReputationRep:

This

ReputationRep:
    The clothes are :coma:

ReputationRep:
    i love lookbook for inspiring me to stick to my diet

i like some of the looks on there occasionally, but a lot of the time it is same old same old. looking at super skinny girls in short skirts and knee high socks gets a bit boring after a while, but you can find some decent ideas if you have a bit of a search.

also, i don't think most people on there are 'beautiful' - they're just thin.

ReputationRep:
    I love the style inspiration <3

ReputationRep:
    http://lookbook.nu/look/205884-Sparing-the-details

I'm really hoping she meant 19 not 9....

ReputationRep:
    I never thought there'd be something more vain than Facebook. There is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph90)
    I never thought there'd be something more vain than Facebook. There is.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    i'm on it, but don't have a nice enough camera to get karma

some of the people on there are really really young.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsty59)
    She didn't look bad in the previous one but she looks rather strange in that one. Her head's too big for her body.
    She looks abjectly horrific in both.

ReputationRep:
    I would be disgusted, if flattered to be on that website.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're confusing beautiful people with stick insects..
    I imagine there're some pretty faces on there though

ReputationRep:
    Some of the looks are WOW.

ReputationRep:
    most of the people on that site are actually disgusting

no one likes malnourished stick insects

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.