Turn on thread page Beta

how much luggage will you be bringing with you the day you move? watch

ReputationRep:
    Two suitcases of my own and a carry on.
    My mom is going to bring one (maybe two) suitcases and a garmet bag for me.

I think I own wayy too much stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Probably 1 big suitcase, one smaller suitcase and a couple of bags if I can manage it.

ReputationRep:
    Last year

3 suit cases
    1 extra large holdall
    6 boxes full of shoes and hand bags
    The equivalent of about 2 moving boxes of random stuff
    IKEA bag of kitchen stuff
    TV
    Worked out at 2x KA car loads and 1 xBMW X5 litterally just all fit in
    This year no doubt not much less hopefully not anymore going to try and take a lot less clothes this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    I really need to know how many luggges everyone else is taking because I don't want to be the only one there with the most luggage and I'm going to Cornwall :eek: so I do need to take a lot.
    If you go to Cornwall why do you need to take more?

ReputationRep:
    about 40 luggages.

ReputationRep:
    i thought the right grammar was pieces of luggage

not luggages

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil' Flo)
    i thought the right grammar was pieces of luggage

not luggages
    :yes:

I'm taking as much as I can stuff into my Dad's Range, with some seats down. & that's pretty big, so if I fill it, I'll be worried.

ReputationRep:
    HUGE suitcase full of clothes
    Box of shoes
    Box of bags
    Box of kitchen stuff
    Duvet, sheets, and pillows

Going to get a huge box of food when I get there, plus things like shampoo, conditioner, and cleaning things for my bathroom

If I can get it in a Nissan Micra, I'll be proud ^_^

ReputationRep:
    A lot!! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    HUGE suitcase full of clothes
    Box of shoes
    Box of bags

Box of kitchen stuff
    Duvet, sheets, and pillows

Going to get a huge box of food when I get there, plus things like shampoo, conditioner, and cleaning things for my bathroom

If I can get it in a Nissan Micra, I'll be proud ^_^
    Even without looking at the sign near your name, anyone could have guessed that you are a girl. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psycho0101)
    Even without looking at the sign near your name, anyone could have guessed that you are a girl. :p:
    Haha, to be fair, they'd fit in the same box. I only have 5 pairs of shoes!

(Original post by MaccyG)
    If you go to Cornwall why do you need to take more?
    Distance

It's like 6 hours by train or more.

ReputationRep:
    I was hoping for one big suitcase, but I'm idealistic about that... I also have to buy a case for my digital piano. My laptop can just go in my luggage hopefully... I've bought mini everythings in order to make my luggage light! Mini frying pan, mini whisk, spatula etc., mini stationery... I've even got mini pots of cream and stuff. :p: As for clothes, I'm going to try and bring a few pairs of good ones which will last me a while, then if I need any more I'll just buy them when I'm at uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychocustard)
    shoes and bags
    (Original post by Psycho0101)
    you're a girl!
    There are a suspicious amount of psychos in this thread :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    woah some people take so much!

if i get into either of my uni's i'll be around 4 and a half hours drive away so can't really nip back for anything!
    will be as much as we can fit in my Dad's bmw X5, but then me dad and mum will be in the car.
    im sure people always take too much anyway, its probably just like going on holiday where i always take too many clothes and never wear half of them!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going with the "as much as I can fit in the car" thing. I guess the week before will be me making lists, lists and more lists of what I want to take, what I need to take, and what there's room to take, and sort of working out the best compromise. Anyway, at the moment I've got a 23 page list of stuff to take. Although underwear IS listed individually...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    Last year

3 suit cases
    1 extra large holdall
    6 boxes full of shoes and hand bags
    The equivalent of about 2 moving boxes of random stuff
    IKEA bag of kitchen stuff
    TV
    Worked out at 2x KA car loads and 1 xBMW X5 litterally just all fit in
    This year no doubt not much less hopefully not anymore going to try and take a lot less clothes this year.
    :eek3: 6 boxes?!! I think I'll probably have 2, 3 max, boxes of shoes and bags..

I have no idea how much all my stuff will equate to in pieces of luggage...however much I can fit in one 4x4 car! My double duvet and pillows are definitely coming with me :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by destination unknown)
    For me, it will be 4 big luggages:o: (and 3 boxes + 2 bag packs)

too much?
    arghhhhh haven't even thought about it, but with 6 weeks to go, i've got aaaaaaaaages!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    1 suitcase and the storage container under my bed, which is the size of another suitcase, hehe.

The thing is, I know everyone takes kettles...etc., but I worked at Woolworths and so I got a Kettle, toaster and iron all for £2, and if I leave them here they'll just gather dust in the cupboard!

ReputationRep:
    Whoa, people have started making lists ALREADY?! I haven't, and I'm going overseas :eek: People who can just take carloads up are lucky. I'll have to fit everything into 2/3 suitcase loads plus handluggage. Mission impossible!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 14, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.