Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    - 1 suitcase of clothes + what I've got on me
    - My laptop, iPod touch, DSLR camera, DVB-T TV tuner, decent headphones, mobile + all cables, documentation and so forth, as well as a kensington lock and a wireless printer for my laptop.
    - My personal information folder with stuff like my documentation, statements, bank correspondence, passport and bonds certificates [padlocked, RFID tagged, nick it if you want but it's not going anywhere ]
    - Cutlery, some hot chocolate and my favourite mug
    - My great coat [what good student doesn't have an awesome coat for the winter?]
    - Posters. Lots and lots of posters. Most notably my huge world map [wouldn't be a geographer without it]
    - A plant, not sure what one yet. Will go down the garden centre and look for one this week.
    - My messenger bag, lots of paper, pens, pencils and black ink. Will also bring my scientific calculator.
    - My blu-ray collection [only about 12 films at the moment, anyway]
    - My favourite fiction books and my most-thumbed reference books.
    - My favourite plushie ^_^

ReputationRep:
    A box of kitchen stuff, a box of toiletries and two suitcases of clothes.

ReputationRep:
    im bringing hardly anything compared to other people...im basically only bringing neccesities, plus i dont even have that much stuff any way

ReputationRep:
    I took a load of stuff last year, then practically doubled it for the way home. I need to cut down this year because i'm taking a friend down with me so that's a seat less of space! Two suitcases of clothes, blankets and maybe shoes... two plastic boxes of books. My GCSE latin books. My radio. One box of kitchen stuff [other is already down there]. and my two teddies. Should be it *fingers crossed*

Oh and my cacti. Not entirely sure how I'm going to transport those yet =/ Might stick 'em on my mate's lap haha.

ReputationRep:
    Half my stuff's in storage 'cos i only moved house a couple of months ago!
    I've checked out the accommodation at my uni and decided that there's not enough storage for the CDs/DVDs that I already own, but I will no doubt buy loads more over the next year! Same for clothes, I'll sort through them, probably throw out some and buy loads more over the next year.
    I'm also a really bad impulse buyer so I'll end up with loads of random stuff that was a good idea to buy at the time!
    All of this as well as the obvious things like bedding, towels, pots/pans, cutlery, plates etc...
    And I've got an A2 art folder full of posters

ReputationRep:
    One big and one small suitcase of clothes and shoes and make up etc.
    Then 2 or 3 boxes of kitchen, bedroom and bathroom stuff. And a biiiig blanket. And a lamp. And my orchid.

ReputationRep:
    too much stuff for me , and i'm only moving into the city which is about 10 minutes on the train from where i am now !
    haha

i have too many shoes , i can't bring myself to leave them !

ReputationRep:
    handfull of M and M's, should be enough

ReputationRep:
    3 suitcases max.
    that's what Ryanair allows

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared I'm gonna be that person that takes too much stuff and takes hours lugging it all up the stairs to my room :erm:

ReputationRep:
    1 hugeeee bag (my dad is coming mostly just to carry it) for clothes, bed things, kitchen stuff, make up, toiletries, towels, shoes, cuddly toys (lol) and books. And 1 medium sized bag for anything that can break; plates, cups, bowls, glasses, photo frames. Plus duvet & pillows in carrier bags probably.

ReputationRep:
    I have loads of boxes.. like maybe 20 when I include the boxes for my new PC etc.. but that's clothes, 'stuff', books & DVDs, kitchen stuff, shoes, bedding.. everything.. hmm.. is that too much? will it even fit in my room?? =(

ReputationRep:
    Lol to this question...I amtaking 4 big suitcases, 3 big boxes and about 7 bags. To be fair it is my lifes belongings, because I am not going back to my parents or anything so dont have much choice

ReputationRep:
    ooh quick question. i don't know how big or small everyone's room is, but how is that factoring in for how much luggage you're taking. like my rooms quite small, and i cant member if there's that much space under the bed. I've got two suitcases, a hold all, and a clear book box, (that's full of things.... uhg yeah, but i m thinking about repacking so ive got one suitcase,

ReputationRep:
    im going with a large suitcase and a travel bag, then my mom is going to bring up abut four large boxes

ReputationRep:
    I am a third year so I am used to travelling to and from university, and I know what not to bring; taking bedding is just pointless - buy it new from Argos when you are there. I will have a backpack, large holdall, medium sized suitcase on wheels and another small suitcase. Thankfully, my girlfriend is coming up to mine this Sunday, and will help me take some of my things down with me - mostly books!

ReputationRep:
    Too much, really too much!

1 medium suitcase of clothes
    1 big suitcase of clothes
    1 small holdall of shoes
    1 small suitcase of electrical items
    1 medium box of books and DVDs
    1 small box of toiletries/odds and ends
    1 small box of food and bits (pasta, jars of sauce. Not much, my Mum bought it all for me)
    1 box with my TV in
    2 IKEA bags of home items/kitchen stuff
    1 box of art materials
    1 massive A1 portfolio

ReputationRep:
    So far I have;
    1 large cardboard box
    1 large IKEA bag
    Printer
    2 medium sized 'laundry' bags (just large plastic patterned bags from IKEA, filled with stuff)
    A bin bag with my duvets/pillows

And I presume I will also have;
    A extra large wheeled holdall
    2 weekend bags
    1 or 2 boxes
    3 stackable plastic drawers, filled with stuff in transport, and then used when I get to uni.
    And a laptop bag

Luckily my dad drives a mondeo estate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennifer.re)
    Luckily my dad drives a mondeo estate
    Mine does to, still not convinced one trip will be enough!

I'm taking:

2x suitcases with clothes
    1x small suitcase with "odds and ends" which will fit nowhere else
    3x boxes with DVDs & books & shoes/bags
    About 4/5 bin bags with cooking stuff/bedding ect

And my laptop, printer and TV.

I don't doubt I'll also find more stuff I need to take when it comes to it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I feel poor for having 1 pair of shoes, no longer structurally integral, and 2 pairs of jeans loool

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 14, 2009
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.