Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure I want to go to my first choice university anymore, which is Bath Spa, one of the main reasons being money issues and i am finding the concept of leaving home really, really tough. I already accepted the offer, but can I back out and go to my second choice? Just need a bit of advice. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    You'd have to call both unis and see if Bath Spa releases you.

ReputationRep:
    youd be better off waiting until results then going through either clearing or this new adjustment process

if you release yourself from bath spa now then you are at high risk of not having a university place this year at all

ReputationRep:
    So if i do get into Bath spa on results day but change my mind, if i call them and ask them to release me surely if they say no i can just not turn up? And if i ask them to release me and they say yes that means i don't get my second choice right? As i don't mind waiting until next year for a place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lianna31)
    So if i do get into Bath spa on results day but change my mind, if i call them and ask them to release me surely if they say no i can just not turn up? And if i ask them to release me and they say yes that means i don't get my second choice right? As i don't mind waiting until next year for a place.
    Check out the UCAS, Applications and Clearing thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lianna31)
    if they say no then just dont go and wait until next year, but its more likely that they will release you and if you contact your insurance straight after results then you should get your place there, providing they have available spaces and you have good enough grades/marks

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all for your help
    I have done my research, and apparently you can withdraw from the entire UCAS process if you get into your top choice and don't want it, even after results day.

ReputationRep:
    If the leaving home thing is the main reason, don't worry. A lot of people go through it.
    I felt similar last summer, and hated freshers week cos I was so homesick. But now I love it, and don't really like being back home for the summer lol.
    Anyways, Bath is a lovely city .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    If the leaving home thing is the main reason, don't worry. A lot of people go through it.
    I felt similar last summer, and hated freshers week cos I was so homesick. But now I love it, and don't really like being back home for the summer lol.
    Anyways, Bath is a lovely city .
    You're right, i'm sure i'd be homesick and then definitley change and love it too! But it's just student loan issues, there is no way i can afford it this year and i'll probably be ready to leave next year.

I've cancelled my accommodation and will probably withdraw on results day, unless i get my second choice.

Thank you all for helping

ReputationRep:
    Why would you want to withdraw from UCAS and waste a year?

You'd have to go through Clearing and its a bit of a hassle but at least you will get into the uni of your choice. It's about communication and Bath Spa will not force you to go there and will release you.

ReputationRep:
    Because my parents messed up my student loan, and i'm not getting half as much money as i thought, whereas if i reapply next year i will. Also, i'm not quite sure i'm ready to leave this year. I'll wait and see what happens, clearing is an option, if we can get this money problem sorted!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.